Stop and think of the history for a minute.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:38:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Stop and think of the history for a minute.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Stop and think of the history for a minute.  (Read 2354 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2008, 07:32:40 PM »

Obama identifies as black, but he is not.  His ancestors were not slaves, but slave owners.

When trolls make more sense than the rest of the posters in a thread... words... fail...

I was waiting for this ever since I posted the topic so now that that's done...  Tongue
Eleanor Martins
RedefiningForm
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.22

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2008, 08:05:12 PM »

Obama identifies as black, but he is not.  His ancestors were not slaves, but slave owners.

Remember: no matter how black Obama's skin is, deep down inside he's an old white man.

99% white 1% black = black
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2008, 08:08:26 PM »

This really is historic. This is the first time in the history of the western world that a non-white has had at least a 50-50 shot at being the leader of a western nation. The first time that a member of a race that was once enslaved and then discriminated against has a chance to lead a nation.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2008, 08:16:44 PM »

This really is historic. This is the first time in the history of the western world that a non-white has had at least a 50-50 shot at being the leader of a western nation. The first time that a member of a race that was once enslaved and then discriminated against has a chance to lead a nation.

There have been black Governors-General of Canada.... Wink
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2008, 10:59:19 PM »

Candidates that I support always lose, Phil. Iron law of the Beet-centered universe. Smiley

Beet, welcome to my world.  At least your candidate made it all the way to the end.  Mine petered out with less than one percent in Iowa.  I'm such a Doddball.

(I support Obama now, but saying my guy won is kinda like saying Italy won World War Two after switching sides...)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2008, 11:31:44 PM »

There have been black Governors-General of Canada.... Wink
For the purposes of making sweeping historical observations, I chose to ignore that. Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies