Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:52:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 75
Author Topic: Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]  (Read 500367 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: August 03, 2008, 08:43:09 AM »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

General: Head-to-Head

Obama: 44% / 47%, including leaners (nc, nc)
McCain: 43% / 46%, including leaners (nc, nc)

Favorability

McCain: 56% favorable; - 42% unfavorable (nc, +1)
Obama: 55% favorable; - 44% unfavorable (+2, nc)

McCain earns positive reviews from 85% of Republicans while Obama does the same from 83% of Democrats. Among unaffiliated voters, 61% have a favorable opinion of McCain. For Obama, that number is 47%.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #326 on: August 03, 2008, 09:46:45 AM »

Those favorability ratings are troublesome news for Obama.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #327 on: August 03, 2008, 11:10:42 AM »

Not really, since Democrats have a significant numbers advantage. A lot of "independents" are just embarrassed Republicans anyway.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #328 on: August 03, 2008, 11:33:33 AM »

Not really, since Democrats have a significant numbers advantage. A lot of "independents" are just embarrassed Republicans anyway.

That "significant numbers advantage" is shrinking.
Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: 3.23

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #329 on: August 03, 2008, 11:36:29 AM »
« Edited: August 03, 2008, 11:39:23 AM by Vsanto5 »

How can that significant numbers be declining?  Please explain.  Oh you were talking about yourself.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #330 on: August 03, 2008, 11:39:34 AM »

I know this isn't the thread for it, but Lief's new signature looks like a cut scene from Avenue Q.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #331 on: August 03, 2008, 11:40:15 AM »

That "significant numbers advantage" is shrinking.

With the exception of the drilling debate, in almost all issue polls for the last several years, most independents have behaved much more like Democrats. If McCain's conservative pro-Bush record were to come out, there is no reason to expect that they would be more favorable toward him.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #332 on: August 03, 2008, 11:50:03 AM »

How can that significant numbers be declining?  Please explain.  Oh you were talking about yourself.

According to Rasmussen the party ID advantage is down to D +7.6. It was D +9.5 in June and D +10.1 in May.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #333 on: August 04, 2008, 08:46:07 AM »

Monday, August 4, 2008

General: Head-to-Head

McCain: 44% / 47%, including leaners (+1, +1)
Obama: 44% / 46%, including leaners (nc, -1)

Favorability

McCain: 55% favorable; - 42% unfavorable (-1, nc)
Obama: 51% favorable; - 46% unfavorable (-4, +2)

McCain is currently viewed favorably by 55% of the nation’s voters, Obama by 51%. That is the lowest rating for Obama since he wrapped up the nomination. Obama is viewed favorably by 83% of Democrats, 22% of Republicans, and 47% of unaffiliated voters. For McCain, the numbers are 87% favorable among Republicans, 26% among Democrats, and 61% among unaffiliated voters.

Sixty percent (60%) of voters now see Obama as politically liberal while 65% see McCain as politically conservative. Among liberals, 71% see Obama as one of them, but just 18% of liberals see Obama as Very Liberal. Among conservatives, 71% say McCain is also a conservative, including 38% who say he is Very Conservative. Thirty-five percent (35%) of politically moderate voters say that McCain is politically moderate and 33% say the same of Obama. Fifty-eight percent (58%) of Democrats see McCain as conservative while 69% of Republicans see Obama as liberal.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #334 on: August 04, 2008, 08:52:11 AM »

Haha, thats funny, I can't wait until after Aug. Also Obama I believe that Obama will tell us this week who his VP is, in hopes that it will bump his numbers.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #335 on: August 04, 2008, 09:04:58 AM »

As the worm turns...
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #336 on: August 04, 2008, 09:11:06 AM »

Worm being very apt (slimey things) and John McCain is a slimeball if nothing else
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #337 on: August 04, 2008, 09:14:46 AM »

Worm being very apt (slimey things) and John McCain is a slimeball if nothing else

Hawk, I don't know why you continue to degrade yourself with simple partisan musings.  It's below you.  I really haven't said much on this before, but it's not particularly enlightening nor informative nor really very nice.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #338 on: August 04, 2008, 09:35:31 AM »

Hawk, I don't know why you continue to degrade yourself with simple partisan musings.  It's below you.  I really haven't said much on this before, but it's not particularly enlightening nor informative nor really very nice.

"As the worm turns..." There is a reference I am missing, or is this a case of pot and kettle?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #339 on: August 04, 2008, 09:36:32 AM »

"As the worm turns..." There is a reference I am missing, or is this a case of pot and kettle?

I was having fun.  Hawk is taking me too seriously.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #340 on: August 04, 2008, 10:26:05 AM »

It's early August.

The fact that Obama is only at 47% favorable amongst indies isn't good.  Especially interesting in light of all the tongue baths he has gotten from the MSM.

Again though, it's only August.  People aren't tuned in yet and won't be until after the conventions.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #341 on: August 04, 2008, 10:40:01 AM »

It's early August.

The fact that Obama is only at 47% favorable amongst indies isn't good.  Especially interesting in light of all the tongue baths he has gotten from the MSM.

Again though, it's only August.  People aren't tuned in yet and won't be until after the conventions.

Plus this election cycle Rasy has had a slight lean toward the GOP. The only thing we really know is it is close for now... Thanks to the slimball McCain and his attack ads he said he wouldn't do. Ah gotta love them Republicans.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #342 on: August 04, 2008, 10:44:03 AM »

Smiley
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #343 on: August 04, 2008, 10:45:49 AM »

It's early August.

Plus this election cycle Rasy has had a slight lean toward the GOP. The only thing we really know is it is close for now... Thanks to the slimball McCain and his attack ads he said he wouldn't do. Ah gotta love them Republicans.

When did McCain say he wouldn't run negative ads?  I believe he said he would run a "civil" campaign.  That Democrats think a stupid ad comparing Obama to Britney Spears and Paris Hilton is "horrible" and "appalling" just shows how much it gets under their skin.

In fact, I would say that Obama, pulling the race card, is the real "slimeball".

Anyway, even if McCain said he wouldn't run any negative ads (btw, these ads are hardly negative.  Have you people been living under a rock?) - Obama also pledged to take public financing in the general.  He lied.  Tit for tat.  Only your tit is greater than our tat.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #344 on: August 04, 2008, 10:52:39 AM »

I don't consider what McCain is doing to Obama very nice. It's disgusting. And what makes it worse, judging by those approvals, is that he appears to be getting away with it. When John McCain starts waging an honorable, civil and dignified campaign, I'll cut him some slack. Fair is fair Smiley

Dave
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #345 on: August 04, 2008, 10:57:20 AM »

It's early August.

When did McCain say he wouldn't run negative ads?  I believe he said he would run a "civil" campaign.  That Democrats think a stupid ad comparing Obama to Britney Spears and Paris Hilton is "horrible" and "appalling" just shows how much it gets under their skin.

In fact, I would say that Obama, pulling the race card, is the real "slimeball".

Anyway, even if McCain said he wouldn't run any negative ads (btw, these ads are hardly negative.  Have you people been living under a rock?) - Obama also pledged to take public financing in the general.  He lied.  Tit for tat.  Only your tit is greater than our tat.

How did Obama pull the race card? What he said was ture and has already happen! The fact is McCain said he wouldn't pull the same crap Bush did to him in 2000, but yet he is. And what makes me upset is he is getting away with it. He lies and the media don't talk about it, but if Obama makes one mistake its all over the news. If America wants this country to be more ed up then it is already at then fine go ahead and vote that loser in. But mark my words, if McCain does win, America at the end of his term(if he lives that long) will no longer be a world power.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #346 on: August 04, 2008, 10:57:37 AM »

All the negative media attention that Barack Obama has received... and he is still tied with McCain?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #347 on: August 04, 2008, 10:59:14 AM »

It's early August.

Or maybe it's just stupid. People have come over the years to associate Spears and Hilton with the ultimate brainless blonde, clueless stereotype, not someone who has a degree in law from Harvard & debates toe to toe with Senators like Biden and Clinton on national issues.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Actually, if you think about the race "issue" in general, it only ever benefits McCain. Obama has no incentive to bring race into the discussion except defensively. Even last week, he was responding to an online McCain ad mocking his picture on currency.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't know what a big tat is, but I'm pretty sure if his tit is bigger, he either has a hormone imbalance or it's a pretty small tat. Smiley But no, the ads aren't exceedingly negative, mostly vapid.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #348 on: August 04, 2008, 11:24:24 AM »

Obama has nothing to gain whatsoever by pulling the race card and you know it. So I'm not standing for any of that nonsense. The race "issue" is not something that is going to help Obama

I do, of course, recall the North Carolina GOP ran ads featuring the Rev. Jeremiah Wright in the run-up to the Democratic primary. I don't think that was intended to help Obama, do you?

When it comes to Barack H. Obama, the simple truth is that he is not a 'race' politician. When Rep. Bobby Rush spanked Obama when he challenged him in his districts Democratic primary, Rush explained his victory this way: "I'm a race politician, and he's not" [Morning Edition, National Public Radio, February 28, 2007]

Dave
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #349 on: August 04, 2008, 11:28:44 AM »

The saddest thing is that Obama could say "vote for me because if you don't, you're a racist" and Dave would say he didn't play the race card. It's so obvious to see that when someone keeps reminding voters that he's different than everyone else running, he's playing the race card. No, he doesn't have anything to gain by playing it as he already had 99% of the black vote, but he's shown in the past in his writings that he has no problem playing it.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies