Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:01:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 75
Author Topic: Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]  (Read 500216 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2008, 06:01:56 PM »

45% (+1) trust McCain most when it comes to economic issues and managing the economy while 42% (+2) prefer Obama.

On national security issues such as the War in Iraq and the War on Terrorism, 49% (-2) have more trust in McCain while 41% (+4) prefer Obama.

Then what the heck are they voting on?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2008, 07:12:31 PM »

Wednesday June 11, 2008

General: Head-to-Head

Obama: 46% / 49%, including leaners (-2, -1)
McCain: 41% / 44%, including leaners (+1, +1)

Favorability

Obama: 56% favorable; 42% unfavorable (-3, +2)
McCain: 55% favorable; 42% unfavorable (+1, -1)

Issues

45% (+1) trust McCain most when it comes to economic issues and managing the economy while 42% (+2) prefer Obama.

On national security issues such as the War in Iraq and the War on Terrorism, 49% (-2) have more trust in McCain while 41% (+4) prefer Obama.

A former Clinton advisor put it this way:

"You can a candidate who can't win (Obama), nominated by a party (Democratic) that can't lose. At the same time you have a candidate who is going to win (McCain), nominated by a party (Republican) destined to lose."

That's a great quote... if you take Dick Morris seriously.

By the way, your candidate is still losing.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2008, 10:27:36 PM »

By the way, your candidate is still losing.

Yeah. Five months left. Forget it, guys. There's no way it's happening.
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2008, 11:44:17 PM »

Talking to our enemies... that seems like a good idea... maybe the bravest are the ones who step back to think before retaliating.
Iosif is a COTHO
Mango
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -5.04

« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2008, 11:54:44 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oh my god, that's hilarious.

Yeah, Reagan and GWB really put their life on the line in service of the country.

and..wait a second, Obama isn't president yet. Huh
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2008, 12:04:18 AM »

They prefered doing drugs, taking up liberal causes, and trying to talk to our enemies.

You really help our cause, Mike.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2008, 12:05:28 AM »

Also...

The mentality of your political party is that of cowards afraid of conflict. Great men like Harry Truman ...knew what it took to take on our enemies.

...huh?
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2008, 12:06:23 AM »

what
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2008, 12:08:04 AM »

Then what the heck are they voting on?

Well, let me give you one example (from the ABC/WaPo/TNS poll)

"Regardless of who you may support, who do you trust more to handle immigration issues: Obama or McCain?" Candidate names rotated

McCain Obama Both (vol.) Neither (vol.) Unsure
                         %          %       %               %                   %

5/8-11/08        37         42        3               10                    7
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2008, 07:51:33 AM »

Talking to our enemies... that seems like a good idea... maybe the bravest are the ones who step back to think before retaliating.

There is a difference between the type of enemy the liberals want to talk to, though.

A soviet leader could be spoken to.
A terrorist who will blow himself up to kill you, can not.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2008, 08:04:02 AM »

They prefered doing drugs, taking up liberal causes, and trying to talk to our enemies.

I'm not gonna stand back and play the whole "let's be pc" game. I am allowed to speak my mind freely on the issues, and after his snide remark...I had to say something.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2008, 08:22:22 AM »

There is a difference between the type of enemy the liberals want to talk to, though.

Osama Bin Laden= Terrorist... Ayotollah Khomeni or Ahmadawhatever- religious zealots but politicians in the end. We can talk to these religious zealots but I agree that negotiating with someone like Osama is not  helpful at all.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2008, 08:23:36 AM »

Osama Bin Laden= Terrorist... Ayotollah Khomeni or Ahmadawhatever- religious zealots but politicians in the end. We can talk to these religious zealots but I agree that negotiating with someone like Osama is not  helpful at all.

Agree.
Iosif is a COTHO
Mango
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -5.04

« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2008, 08:27:15 AM »

If you agree, then what are you complaining about?

No-one's advocating meeting Bin Laden, the argument is over to meet with people like Adjeminihad etc.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2008, 08:57:22 AM »

No-one's advocating meeting Bin Laden, the argument is over to meet with people like Adjeminihad etc.

See, but I put Adjeminihad in the same category as Osama.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2008, 09:04:45 AM »

Which is particularly amusing given that Ahmadinejad doesn't really even have any power within Iran.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2008, 09:08:13 AM »

Which is particularly amusing given that Ahmadinejad doesn't really even have any power within Iran.

That's the one thing he and Osama Bin Laden have in common!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2008, 12:20:58 PM »

I'm not gonna stand back and play the whole "let's be pc" game. I am allowed to speak my mind freely on the issues, and after his snide remark...I had to say something.

"Prefered doing drugs," Mike? Come on.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2008, 12:22:21 PM »

Of course anger may have intruded the keyboard, as well.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #94 on: June 12, 2008, 12:25:41 PM »

Of course anger may have intruded the keyboard, as well.

Probably not the only thing thats done harm to your keyboard as well...

(zing)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #95 on: June 12, 2008, 12:32:28 PM »

That's the one thing he and Osama Bin Laden have in common!

Both opposed to the existence of Israel; both support terrorist organizations.  You did ask.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #96 on: June 12, 2008, 06:50:17 PM »

Thursday June 12, 2008

Obama: 47% / 50%, including leaners (+1, +1)
McCain: 41% / 44%, including leaners (nc, nc)

Obama currently leads by eleven points among women but trails by a single point among men (including leaners). Thirty-nine percent (39%) of women say they are certain they will vote for Obama in November. Another 10% say they would vote for him today but could change their mind, and 3% are leaning towards voting for Obama. For McCain those numbers are 30% certain, 8% who could change their mind, and 3% leaning towards voting for him.

Thirty-six percent (36%) of men are certain they will vote for McCain while 34% say the same about Obama.

Favorability

Obama: 56% favorable; 42% unfavorable (nc, nc)
McCain: 54% favorable; 44% unfavorable (-1, +2)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2008, 10:08:38 AM »

Friday June 13, 2008

Obama: 47% / 49%, including leaners (nc, -1)
McCain: 40% / 44%, including leaners (-1, nc)

Obama attracts 84% of political liberals while McCain is supported by 76% of conservatives. While there are more conservatives than liberals in the nation today, Obama also enjoys a twenty-eight point advantage over McCain among moderates.

Favorability

Obama: 55% favorable; 42% unfavorable (-1, nc)
McCain: 52% favorable; 45% unfavorable (-2, +1)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2008, 10:19:37 AM »

Exactly. In Iran, the Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, has control over foreign policy, the armed forces, nuclear policy, and the main economic policies of the Iranian state; indeed, he has the final say on all matters of policy whether domestic or foreign

Dave
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2008, 03:14:06 AM »

Exactly. In Iran, the Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, has control over foreign policy, the armed forces, nuclear policy, and the main economic policies of the Iranian state; indeed, he has the final say on all matters of policy whether domestic or foreign

Dave

More or less true, but it would be more accurate to say that Khamenei is the face of a Conservative oligarchy mainly united by distrust of the conservative faction of former President Hashemi Rafsanjani - the reformists, contrary to western media reports, are quite irrelevant - a lack of military and economic power tends to do that. Khamenei is still the same opinion less cypher who was considered pro-American and Pro-Israel when he served as President in the 1980s. In fact, he was picked as Supreme leader in 1989 precisely because with Montzerai out of the running, he was least threatening figure available. An affable non-entity. Meeting with him would not be much more productive than meeting with Ahmadinejad  and a good deal less amusing.

Real change in Iran will only come when they sort out their internal problems, which will likely occur when the reformists and Rafsanjini realize they need each other in order to stop their enemies from gaining a monopoly on power.

Until that time, relations with the US, a nuclear program so haphazard that it is not even intended to produce a bomb, support for hezbollah, and the situation in Iraq, are all political footballs to be tossed around in factional squabbles. No one has the same position they had fifteen years ago on anything, and virtually every position is opportunistic. Quite frankly the US could work with anyone provided they were in a possession to actually make deals, but that won't happen till someone has consolidated enough that they can insure that the benefits of such an arrangement(primarily financial) will accrue to them, and that they won't be accused of selling out by their rivals because those rivals will be dead or irevelent. Until such a time, talking is meaningless, except as part of a diplomatic game.

{end of rant on Iran - please return to the regularly scheduled Rasmussen poll}
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies