Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:54:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]  (Read 500552 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 04, 2008, 07:56:02 PM »

An african american vs. hispanic riff has been long-founded, just as you see the racism riff in areas of Alabama, Kentucky, ect. Obama is not as good a candidate for Hispanics as McCain is.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 03:54:57 AM »

An african american vs. hispanic riff has been long-founded, just as you see the racism riff in areas of Alabama, Kentucky, ect. Obama is not as good a candidate for Hispanics as McCain is.

Are you saying you think McCain will win the Hispanic vote?

Unsure. I think he'll do well better than Bush. After all, "McCain is for amnesty", right?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 12:56:52 PM »

LOL

Here were are at a time when people are talking about an incredibly weak GOP and an almost unstoppable Obama and your candidate is only up two points. Which one is pathetic again?
Probably the one who struggles to raise $15 million a month fully 3 months after he won the nomination? Or the one who can barely manage a lead when his opponent's party is divided by a long and bitter primary? The one whose recent speech was completely out-done by the loser of the Democratic primaries, not to even mention the winner? Yeah.

Thanks for avoiding his point.

We're not going to win this election...Bush's approval is down to 25%....we are being outraised...and yet the race is tied?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 06:25:31 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2008, 06:27:11 PM by Mike for McCain »

So what´s bad about it ? Do you expect Obama to be ahead by 10-20% right now ?

About ten, yes.

Phil, you cannot be encouraged by that.  The issues do not bode well for the GOP this time around.  You should expect that McCain would be ahead right now considering the amount of dirt dug up about people surrounding Obama and his gaffes during the primaries.  The GE is going to be very issue-oriented and I don't think McCain can GAIN in the polls from that.  I'd like the hear your perspective on how with so many issues going against him McCain is going to be able to pick up support.

I shouldn't be encouraged by what? McCain being down two instead of the expected ten points?

With all due respect, you're a little too confident and naive to say something like "this is going to be very issue oriented." Sure, it will mainly be about the "real" issues as it should be. However, some of this "non important" issues still have a huge impact.

The issues may favor your side for now but who is to say that that will last? Will Obama's economic policies be wildly popular? Not necessarily. What's he going to propose when it comes to tax policy? Will people see McCain as more of the proven reformer compared to Obama? Possibly. Is the war, as unpopular as it may be, as bad as it once was? Will people be as supportive of a quick withdrawal with fewer troops dying? Who knows. We have to wait and see.

I like the position McCain is in right now. Also, remember that we need to look beyond the simple "Who is leading in popular vote?" polls.

AMEN!

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/06/26/cnn.poll/index.html

June 26, 2000

Now    June 6-7

Bush    52%   48%
Gore    39%   44%

Obama should be up on McCain by even more than Bush was up on Gore.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 06:00:00 PM »

Wednesday June 11, 2008

General: Head-to-Head

Obama: 46% / 49%, including leaners (-2, -1)
McCain: 41% / 44%, including leaners (+1, +1)

Favorability

Obama: 56% favorable; 42% unfavorable (-3, +2)
McCain: 55% favorable; 42% unfavorable (+1, -1)

Issues

45% (+1) trust McCain most when it comes to economic issues and managing the economy while 42% (+2) prefer Obama.

On national security issues such as the War in Iraq and the War on Terrorism, 49% (-2) have more trust in McCain while 41% (+4) prefer Obama.

A former Clinton advisor put it this way:

"You can a candidate who can't win (Obama), nominated by a party (Democratic) that can't lose. At the same time you have a candidate who is going to win (McCain), nominated by a party (Republican) destined to lose."
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 07:51:33 AM »

Talking to our enemies... that seems like a good idea... maybe the bravest are the ones who step back to think before retaliating.

There is a difference between the type of enemy the liberals want to talk to, though.

A soviet leader could be spoken to.
A terrorist who will blow himself up to kill you, can not.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 08:04:02 AM »

They prefered doing drugs, taking up liberal causes, and trying to talk to our enemies.

You really help our cause, Mike.

I'm not gonna stand back and play the whole "let's be pc" game. I am allowed to speak my mind freely on the issues, and after his snide remark...I had to say something.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 08:23:36 AM »

Talking to our enemies... that seems like a good idea... maybe the bravest are the ones who step back to think before retaliating.

There is a difference between the type of enemy the liberals want to talk to, though.

A soviet leader could be spoken to.
A terrorist who will blow himself up to kill you, can not.

Osama Bin Laden= Terrorist... Ayotollah Khomeni or Ahmadawhatever- religious zealots but politicians in the end. We can talk to these religious zealots but I agree that negotiating with someone like Osama is not  helpful at all.

Agree.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 08:57:22 AM »

If you agree, then what are you complaining about?

No-one's advocating meeting Bin Laden, the argument is over to meet with people like Adjeminihad etc.

See, but I put Adjeminihad in the same category as Osama.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 12:22:21 PM »

They prefered doing drugs, taking up liberal causes, and trying to talk to our enemies.

You really help our cause, Mike.

I'm not gonna stand back and play the whole "let's be pc" game. I am allowed to speak my mind freely on the issues, and after his snide remark...I had to say something.

"Prefered doing drugs," Mike? Come on.

Of course anger may have intruded the keyboard, as well.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 10:55:10 AM »

We will have to see if McCain can increase his numbers this week. Lets hope Gustav doesn't take the RNC's spot light away.

It should be in and weakening by Tuesday.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 11:27:37 AM »

We will have to see if McCain can increase his numbers this week. Lets hope Gustav doesn't take the RNC's spot light away.

It should be in and weakening by Tuesday.

I just don't want the DNC and Democrats to say, "Republican don't care about America, they wouldn't even move the RNC back."

Who cares if they do? The Democrats are the most pessimistic party in American Politics. I tried listening to some of the DNC speeches...but they would get too depressing. (I'm being serious)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 10:31:39 AM »

Some big poll numbers will be released tonight from Rasmussen:

At 6:00 p.m. Eastern, new state polling will be released for Colorado, Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.

Well, he's going realease polls from these states every Monday now I think. I expect pretty much all of them to move slightly more toward McCain as compared to where they were last week.

Dear god, Phil is going to get annoying if we get a PA poll where they are tied or something.

Phil is very adamant in the case of PA falling to McCain this time, but I still think he underestimates the stubborness of the depressing steel working towns that, along with the inner cities, help tilt PA to the dems.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 11:51:33 AM »

I want to see what's going on in Wisconsin (if anything).

I'm gonna guess Obama +3
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 11:54:28 AM »

Wednesday - September 17, 2008:

McCain: 48% (nc)
Obama: 47% (nc)

Investor confidence has stabilized—at least for the moment--after falling sharply for several days. The economic confidence of those who do not invest was not shaken by the Wall Street events of recent days. As for the political implications, polling conducted last night shows that 49% 47% Wink trust McCain more than Obama on economic issues while 45% trust Obama.

At 3:00 p.m. Eastern, data will be released for the Oregon Senate race and at 5:00 p.m. Eastern, new results will be posted for the Presidential race in Wisconsin and Oregon.

McCain leads 58% to 38% among those who regularly shop at Wal-Mart while Obama leads 61% to 36% among those who don’t frequent the retail giant. Overall, Obama leads among those who earn less than $40,000 a year while McCain leads among those with higher earnings. Among white voters, Obama has the edge only among those who earn less than $20,000 a year and his advantage among those lower income white voters is just four percentage points

I love Wal-Mart...we have a super Wal-Mart down the road...so we can get food there, too.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 06:35:35 PM »

Wednesday - September 17, 2008:

McCain: 48% (nc)
Obama: 47% (nc)

Investor confidence has stabilized—at least for the moment--after falling sharply for several days. The economic confidence of those who do not invest was not shaken by the Wall Street events of recent days. As for the political implications, polling conducted last night shows that 49% 47% Wink trust McCain more than Obama on economic issues while 45% trust Obama.

At 3:00 p.m. Eastern, data will be released for the Oregon Senate race and at 5:00 p.m. Eastern, new results will be posted for the Presidential race in Wisconsin and Oregon.

McCain leads 58% to 38% among those who regularly shop at Wal-Mart while Obama leads 61% to 36% among those who don’t frequent the retail giant. Overall, Obama leads among those who earn less than $40,000 a year while McCain leads among those with higher earnings. Among white voters, Obama has the edge only among those who earn less than $20,000 a year and his advantage among those lower income white voters is just four percentage points

I love Wal-Mart...we have a super Wal-Mart down the road...so we can get food there, too.

How can someone love Wal-Mart?  Seriously. 

Because in one trip, we can get our glasses fixed, buy dog food, buy bread, frozen food, and lunchmeat...then walk over and buy new clothes, and a big screen TV. Oh yeah...and grab Subway™ on the way out. Add to all this that prices are noticeably lower than any other main store...it's great.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 06:45:46 PM »

Damn why you guys hatin' on walmart. When I need cheap sh**t that's exactly where I go. Or target...same sh**t.

The funniest thing just happened. My father began his sentence "Let me tell you...that f***ing Wal-Mart is amazing"...and went on to say that "I bought you a candy bar and picked up Hot Dogs and buns...the hot dogs and buns cost less than the candy bar."

$0.57 cents for a pack of eight hot dogs...that costs less than a milk chocolate Hershey bar.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 08:20:15 PM »

Damn why you guys hatin' on walmart. When I need cheap sh**t that's exactly where I go. Or target...same sh**t.

The funniest thing just happened. My father began his sentence "Let me tell you...that f***ing Wal-Mart is amazing"...and went on to say that "I bought you a candy bar and picked up Hot Dogs and buns...the hot dogs and buns cost less than the candy bar."

$0.57 cents for a pack of eight hot dogs...that costs less than a milk chocolate Hershey bar.

Damn stuff must be cheap out in Ohio. I don't know what you guys complain about so much.

I sometimes think the pessimistic economy in Ohio is somewhat overstated, especially when complared to states like Michigan.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 08:46:57 AM »

I truly think America is conflicted.

They want Obama...but they want McCain too.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2008, 01:34:09 PM »

I think the American people are frustrated because neither Obama or McCain seem to have a grasp on what Americans care about most...the economy. Obama came into this election as "no more George Bush...no more Iraq War" and suddenly realizes people don't see either man as George Bush and the Iraq War has been won. McCain came into this race as "experience and country first...and strong on foreign policy."

Bottom line...if the stock market stablizes...I think both men hope that they can move back into normal campaign mode. If Bin Laden releases a tape...Obama will campaign saying "Bush didn't find Bin Laden" like John Kerry did....McCain will campaign on "We must confront this evil."

Maybe it is because I moved...but the campaign become surreal around two weeks ago...when McCain overtook Obama big time...the the economy went south and Obama tied...then this past week (I had no internet or cable) when I had to read newspapers and listen to talk radio to hear about polls, bailouts, presidential emergency addresses and debate plans.

Let's hope this week normals out.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2008, 04:55:21 PM »

I think the American people are frustrated because neither Obama or McCain seem to have a grasp on what Americans care about most...the economy.

Oh, wait a minute!  Wasn't there someone who had more successful executive experience than any other candidates in the primaries?  He turned countless companies from money pits to profit machines, he turned the Olympics from a disaster to a huge success, he also balanced and streamlined a horrible state budget...  Ugh, it's on the tip of my tongue... What was that guy's name?!

Well...it's not Mitt Romney...so...Mike Rounds maybe?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2008, 11:00:02 AM »

J.J. JSojourner, and Opebo will be going nuts.

I can see it now Sad. Four more years of the relentless attack on middle class living standards, the erosion of the quality of life for millions, the outsourcing of American livelihoods ...

MORE OF THE SAME 2008!!
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2008, 07:23:47 AM »

I think there is a lag...we saw it back when Obama's lead collapsed nationally but he was still leading in state polls. By the time McCain's national numbers began to fall around Sept. 11th or so...McCain's state numbers peaked at their highest.

This race has been tightening, and the state polls should respond by Monday/Tuesday.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2008, 05:49:05 PM »

That's in line with the rest of the polls.

I can very easily believe that PA is trending more Republican in this election.

If PA goes for Obama by a greater percentage than the national PV, will you still be singing the same tune??? I can't remember the last time that happened.

The last time that Pennsylvania was more Republican than the nation as a whole was 1948 (going on the basis of margin of victory in PA vs. margin of victory nationally).

Which is actually the longest streak of any state in the nation, believe it or not.

I would love to re-live a 1948. I would have been wild about Harry.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies