2004 VP candidates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:33:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 VP candidates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 VP candidates  (Read 30048 times)
jravnsbo

« on: November 30, 2003, 06:03:36 PM »

VP CAndidates- If Dean is the nominee, he needs a lot of help.  He does not play well in the South and will hurt the Congressionala nd Senate candidates.

Some picks not mentioned here are Gov Rendell of PA ( Dems must win PA to win); Sen Bayh (IND) to play int he midwest and he has political ambitions in 2008, unfortunately he is up for reelection in 2004 and unlikely to do it.  But yes those mentioned also ie Richardson, Clark and Edwards.  Edwards has said many times though he doesn't want to be VP.
jravnsbo

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2003, 10:53:44 PM »

Graham has a great resume.  Gov, Sen and popula rin FL until he attacked Bush so much.  

However, Graham was about as boring as a dead cat in his campaign.  I thought he could have been strong but he was FLAT!  I think IF a Dem wins Graham would be better serving in defense sec or homeland sec director with his intelligence background.
jravnsbo

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 12:48:54 AM »

HArkin, nope, no way unless you want no states in Dem column.  I couldn't even dream of a all liberal dem ticket.

Harkin some days is left of ole Ted Kennedy and Harkin is proud of it.  
jravnsbo

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 01:04:45 AM »

Was being a bit sarcastic, but I have 0% doubt they'd lose.
jravnsbo

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2003, 10:18:57 AM »

yes Dean will help the nominee in the genral , just like Grassley will help the President.

IA is sitting good politically for the Senate.  Even though not a Harkin fan AT ALL.  He is chairman of AG cmmte when Dems run the place and Grassy our name for him.  is head of Finace Cmmte and pushing Ethanol bill as Harkin pushed the farm nbill that Bush signed.  Grassy also brought Prescription drugs through.

jravnsbo

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2003, 02:36:41 PM »

2006 would be the Gov election in NY and Spitzer has his eyes set on Gov mansion.  Mark Shields today does have piece touting Spitzer for VP.

2006 will be in interesting in NY.  Sen Clinton adn Gov Pataki are both up.  Then you have Guliani and Spitzer as wild cards.  Also Pataki seems to want to be Prez or at least try and so may or may not run again for Gov ( a 4th term)

Bayh wants to be Prez and will stay a dem as like Miller he and his father ( family) always have been.  
Tough for him is that he is up for reelection in 2004.
jravnsbo

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2003, 08:29:30 PM »

Well I hope John Thune runs and beats Daschle and then Sen Biden could move on up.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies