Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 02:27:03 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2008 Elections
| | |-+  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
| | | |-+  Gallup Tracking Poll Thread [Obama vs McCain]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 Print
Author Topic: Gallup Tracking Poll Thread [Obama vs McCain]  (Read 182472 times)
Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1800 on: October 31, 2008, 12:05:57 pm »
Ignore

Oh my. That just made my day. Smiley

Thank you, Mr. President.
Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: October 31, 2008, 12:08:03 pm »
Ignore

There's a great thread called "The Coming McCain Victory" in the campaign subforum.

this is real
nick
nickshepDEM
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: October 31, 2008, 12:09:07 pm »
Ignore

Friday, October 31st, 2008

RV
Obama: 52% (+2)
McCain: 42% (-1)

LV (Expanded)
Obama: 52% (+1)
McCain: 43% (-1)

LV (Traditional)
Obama: 51% (+1)
McCain: 43% (-2)

Happy Halloween!

Obamamercial bounce, Obamamercial bounce! Tongue
Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: October 31, 2008, 12:09:24 pm »
Ignore

PRINCETON, NJ -- The political landscape could be improving for Barack Obama in the waning days of the campaign. Gallup Poll Daily tracking from Oct. 28-30 shows him with an eight percentage point lead over John McCain among traditional likely voters -- 51% to 43% -- his largest margin to date using this historical Gallup Poll voter model.

Since Tuesday, McCain's support among traditional likely voters has dropped by four points (from 47% to 43%), Obama's has risen by two points (from 49% to 51%), and the percentage of undecided voters has increased from 4% to 6%.

Thursday night's interviews are the first conducted entirely after Obama's widely viewed 30-minute prime-time campaign ad, which ran on several television networks Wednesday evening. Obama held a substantial lead over McCain in last night's polling, however no greater than what Gallup found on Wednesday.

Obama's lead among expanded likely voters is only slightly greater than that seen among traditional likely voters. He now leads McCain by nine-points, 52% to 43%, using this looser definition that does not factor in whether respondents have voted in past elections, but strictly relies on their reported level of interest and intention to vote in the 2008 election.

Obama's current 11-point lead over McCain among all registered voters -- 52% to 41% -- is up from an eight-point lead in yesterday's report, and ties his highest advantage on this basis, last recorded 10 days ago. (To view the complete trend since March 7, 2008, click here.)

Obama's favorable position among traditional likely voters in the latest polling is partially reflective of his strong position among all registered voters. However, at other times when Obama has led McCain by 11-points among registered voters, his likely voter advantage has been lower than it is now, in the five- to seven-point range. Thus, Obama's improved likely voter standing also reflects a higher turnout propensity for his supporters than what Gallup has seen at earlier times this month. This could stem from the superiority his well-funded campaign appears to have over the McCain campaign in contacting his supporters to get out and vote. -- Lydia Saad

This election is Safe Obama.

GMantis
Dessie Potter
YaBB God
Bulgaria

View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: October 31, 2008, 12:10:57 pm »
Ignore

The McCain comeback seems to be in trouble.

J. J.
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: October 31, 2008, 12:36:25 pm »
Ignore

The McCain comeback seems to be in trouble.

Very much so, if this is a good sample.  I suspect it is.

J. J.

"Actually, .. now that you mention it...." 
- Londo Molari

"Every government are parliaments of whores.
The trouble is, in a democracy the whores are us." - P. J. O'Rourke

"Wa sala, wa lala."

(Zulu for, "You snooze, you lose.")
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: October 31, 2008, 12:49:41 pm »
Ignore

This should be showing some of the impact of the infomercial. I wish Rasmussen was showing the same thing but whatever... this is awesome.

Reds4
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: October 31, 2008, 12:52:06 pm »
Ignore

Actually, I suspect last night's sample was pretty good for Obama in rasmussen's numbers, since the night that rolled off was very pro Obama.

This should be showing some of the impact of the infomercial. I wish Rasmussen was showing the same thing but whatever... this is awesome.
Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: October 31, 2008, 12:58:50 pm »
Ignore

Gallup sez Wednesday and Thursday night's interviews were pretty much the same, though both obviously very good for Obama.

Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: October 31, 2008, 01:10:41 pm »
Ignore

Thems some nice numbers Smiley

5 days to go
Ronnie
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: October 31, 2008, 05:37:53 pm »
Ignore

It's over.  I kind of regret voting for McCain now.

Born and raised in California
Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: October 31, 2008, 05:48:46 pm »
Ignore

Why? Just because your candidate might not win doesn't mean you should just go along with the crowd and vote for Obama. Sheesh! That's the most pathetic thing you've said in a long time, Ronnie.
Ronnie
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: October 31, 2008, 05:52:15 pm »
Ignore

Why? Just because your candidate might not win doesn't mean you should just go along with the crowd and vote for Obama. Sheesh! That's the most pathetic thing you've said in a long time, Ronnie.

Torie has convinced me just a teency bit that McCain wouldn't be too credible.  I don't like his campaign message currently, since it has moved fully to desperation, with the robocalls and all.

I despise Obama, but now I don't think I will be too upset when he is declared president-elect.

Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: October 31, 2008, 05:55:40 pm »
Ignore

Torie has convinced me just a teency bit that McCain wouldn't be too credible.  I don't like his campaign message currently, since it has moved fully to desperation, with the robocalls and all.

I despise Obama, but now I don't think I will be too upset when he is declared president-elect.

I have a lot of respect for Torie, but I disagree with him that Obama is less risky than McCain. Neither one really knows the economy, but Obama has the potential to really create a mess if he allows the Democrats to raise taxes. Hell, we don't know if it's going to be for those of us who make $250k, $200k, $150k, or $120k. Everyone keeps giving us different answers. The fact that he gets a free pass on this issue is really pissing me off.

Part of me will be happy when he gets elect so the Democrats will finally get blamed for the mess they helped create when the economy goes into the crapper in 2009, but another part of me sees what long term damage Obama might do to the country. Bernie Frank said it himself, "There are a lot of rich people that we can tax a lot."
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: October 31, 2008, 08:11:15 pm »
Ignore

Torie is a cool guy and a realist.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 10:18:05 pm by The Boogie Man »Logged

Ronnie
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: October 31, 2008, 08:32:19 pm »
Ignore

I have a lot of respect for Torie, but I disagree with him that Obama is less risky than McCain. Neither one really knows the economy, but Obama has the potential to really create a mess if he allows the Democrats to raise taxes. Hell, we don't know if it's going to be for those of us who make $250k, $200k, $150k, or $120k. Everyone keeps giving us different answers. The fact that he gets a free pass on this issue is really pissing me off.

Part of me will be happy when he gets elect so the Democrats will finally get blamed for the mess they helped create when the economy goes into the crapper in 2009, but another part of me sees what long term damage Obama might do to the country. Bernie Frank said it himself, "There are a lot of rich people that we can tax a lot."

Note: I still support McCain; my support is just a whole lot more mild than before.

I kind of have a dueling political ideology.  One part of me is a hard line capitalist, who favors very low income taxes across the board; and another part of me is a moderate populist, that favors increasing foreign aid to countries in poverty.  It is tough to enthusiastically support a candidate who pandered to the far right wing of the Republican party, instead of sticking with his "maverick" views of the past.

My instinct says that if Obama is elected, he won't side with the extremists of his party, i.e. raising taxes, if the economy is crap.  Remember that Obama would really want to be reelected, and he would do anything that he can to not send us in a depression.  He has economic advisers, and I doubt they would advise him to raise taxes on anyone if the GDP plummets 2% in a quarter (which is looking to be increasingly likely).  The pressure is on the Democratic congress -- if they can handle no taxes on the rich for a short while.

My fear is that if McCain will be elected, there will be very much gridlock.  The silver lining to this is that gridlock is a WHOLE lot better than any kind of agenda the Democrats will implement.  This is pretty much the sole reason I support McCain; I want to have divided government, and he is my last best hope (though, not for long, as it seems).  I would likely be strongly leaning toward Obama now if the GOP was in control.

Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: October 31, 2008, 10:16:23 pm »
Ignore

RV

LV (Expanded)

LV (Traditional)

Not very often I Smiley nowadays but this warrants one! Then Planet Zogby struck ...........

Moderate Liberal Populist Smiley [Personal 45%/Economic 42%] / Defense 'Hawk'

Registered in Georgia for Fantasy Politics
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: October 31, 2008, 10:19:31 pm »
Ignore

RV

LV (Expanded)

LV (Traditional)

Not very often I Smiley nowadays but this warrants one! Then Planet Zogby struck ...........

... and you take Zogby seriously?

Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: October 31, 2008, 10:34:16 pm »
Ignore

I may if the other pollsters point to Friday 31st showing a similar trend. That said The Drudge points out that the three-day average is holding steady

Nate's got it up now but points out that one day results can be highly volatile and the Zogster uses nonsensical party weighting

Dave

Moderate Liberal Populist Smiley [Personal 45%/Economic 42%] / Defense 'Hawk'

Registered in Georgia for Fantasy Politics
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: October 31, 2008, 11:09:12 pm »
Ignore

I may if the other pollsters point to Friday 31st showing a similar trend. That said The Drudge points out that the three-day average is holding steady

Nate's got it up now but points out that one day results can be highly volatile and the Zogster uses nonsensical party weighting

Dave

The man is a goddamned liar, dude.

MR maverick
MR politics
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: October 31, 2008, 11:33:02 pm »
Ignore

Seriously you guys take the tax issue way too far.

I don't think either on will really do anything with taxes atleast nothing extreme. McCain will look out for the rich like a good republican would, Obama less so.

Obama is not risky .. look at how he's ran the campaign compared to McCain being all over the road.

And ... PALIN = more risky then un protected sex with a hooker.

Mr.Jones
View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: November 01, 2008, 03:01:06 am »
Ignore

Looking at the fact that McCain can pass away any time because of his old age, seriously can we afford Sarah Palin as our President after 8 years of Bush presidency ?

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: November 01, 2008, 06:55:29 am »
Ignore

Looking at the fact that McCain can pass away any time because of his old age, seriously can we afford Sarah Palin as our President after 8 years of Bush presidency ?
Seeing as you survived Bush, if just barely, I suppose Palin can't be too bad either.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
J. J.
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: November 01, 2008, 10:29:30 am »
Ignore

That would be terrible.  We'd have someone with limited experience in national office, isular, with no executive experience ... oh, wait.

J. J.

"Actually, .. now that you mention it...." 
- Londo Molari

"Every government are parliaments of whores.
The trouble is, in a democracy the whores are us." - P. J. O'Rourke

"Wa sala, wa lala."

(Zulu for, "You snooze, you lose.")
afleitch
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -8.17

View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: November 01, 2008, 10:32:41 am »
Ignore

That would be terrible.  We'd have someone with limited experience in national office, isular, with no executive experience ... oh, wait.

It's who a President surrounds himself while in office with that makes him bad, good or great. While it is likely that both Obama and McCain would reach across the gap and appoint from the other party, I have yet to be given any assurrance that Palin would.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout