Gallup Tracking Poll Thread [Obama vs McCain]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:04:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Gallup Tracking Poll Thread [Obama vs McCain]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78
Author Topic: Gallup Tracking Poll Thread [Obama vs McCain]  (Read 297019 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1800 on: October 31, 2008, 12:08:03 PM »

There's a great thread called "The Coming McCain Victory" in the campaign subforum.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #1801 on: October 31, 2008, 12:09:07 PM »

Friday, October 31st, 2008

RV
Obama: 52% (+2)
McCain: 42% (-1)

LV (Expanded)
Obama: 52% (+1)
McCain: 43% (-1)

LV (Traditional)
Obama: 51% (+1)
McCain: 43% (-2)

Happy Halloween!

Obamamercial bounce, Obamamercial bounce! Tongue
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1802 on: October 31, 2008, 12:09:24 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This election is Safe Obama.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #1803 on: October 31, 2008, 12:10:57 PM »

The McCain comeback seems to be in trouble.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1804 on: October 31, 2008, 12:36:25 PM »

The McCain comeback seems to be in trouble.

Very much so, if this is a good sample.  I suspect it is.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1805 on: October 31, 2008, 12:49:41 PM »

This should be showing some of the impact of the infomercial. I wish Rasmussen was showing the same thing but whatever... this is awesome.
Reds4

« Reply #1806 on: October 31, 2008, 12:52:06 PM »

Actually, I suspect last night's sample was pretty good for Obama in rasmussen's numbers, since the night that rolled off was very pro Obama.

This should be showing some of the impact of the infomercial. I wish Rasmussen was showing the same thing but whatever... this is awesome.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1807 on: October 31, 2008, 12:58:50 PM »

Gallup sez Wednesday and Thursday night's interviews were pretty much the same, though both obviously very good for Obama.
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

« Reply #1808 on: October 31, 2008, 01:10:41 PM »

Thems some nice numbers Smiley

5 days to go
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1809 on: October 31, 2008, 05:37:53 PM »

It's over.  I kind of regret voting for McCain now.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1810 on: October 31, 2008, 05:48:46 PM »

Why? Just because your candidate might not win doesn't mean you should just go along with the crowd and vote for Obama. Sheesh! That's the most pathetic thing you've said in a long time, Ronnie.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1811 on: October 31, 2008, 05:52:15 PM »

Why? Just because your candidate might not win doesn't mean you should just go along with the crowd and vote for Obama. Sheesh! That's the most pathetic thing you've said in a long time, Ronnie.

Torie has convinced me just a teency bit that McCain wouldn't be too credible.  I don't like his campaign message currently, since it has moved fully to desperation, with the robocalls and all.

I despise Obama, but now I don't think I will be too upset when he is declared president-elect.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1812 on: October 31, 2008, 05:55:40 PM »

Torie has convinced me just a teency bit that McCain wouldn't be too credible.  I don't like his campaign message currently, since it has moved fully to desperation, with the robocalls and all.

I despise Obama, but now I don't think I will be too upset when he is declared president-elect.

I have a lot of respect for Torie, but I disagree with him that Obama is less risky than McCain. Neither one really knows the economy, but Obama has the potential to really create a mess if he allows the Democrats to raise taxes. Hell, we don't know if it's going to be for those of us who make $250k, $200k, $150k, or $120k. Everyone keeps giving us different answers. The fact that he gets a free pass on this issue is really pissing me off.

Part of me will be happy when he gets elect so the Democrats will finally get blamed for the mess they helped create when the economy goes into the crapper in 2009, but another part of me sees what long term damage Obama might do to the country. Bernie Frank said it himself, "There are a lot of rich people that we can tax a lot."
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1813 on: October 31, 2008, 08:11:15 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2008, 10:18:05 PM by The Boogie Man »

Torie is a cool guy and a realist.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1814 on: October 31, 2008, 08:32:19 PM »

I have a lot of respect for Torie, but I disagree with him that Obama is less risky than McCain. Neither one really knows the economy, but Obama has the potential to really create a mess if he allows the Democrats to raise taxes. Hell, we don't know if it's going to be for those of us who make $250k, $200k, $150k, or $120k. Everyone keeps giving us different answers. The fact that he gets a free pass on this issue is really pissing me off.

Part of me will be happy when he gets elect so the Democrats will finally get blamed for the mess they helped create when the economy goes into the crapper in 2009, but another part of me sees what long term damage Obama might do to the country. Bernie Frank said it himself, "There are a lot of rich people that we can tax a lot."

Note: I still support McCain; my support is just a whole lot more mild than before.

I kind of have a dueling political ideology.  One part of me is a hard line capitalist, who favors very low income taxes across the board; and another part of me is a moderate populist, that favors increasing foreign aid to countries in poverty.  It is tough to enthusiastically support a candidate who pandered to the far right wing of the Republican party, instead of sticking with his "maverick" views of the past.

My instinct says that if Obama is elected, he won't side with the extremists of his party, i.e. raising taxes, if the economy is crap.  Remember that Obama would really want to be reelected, and he would do anything that he can to not send us in a depression.  He has economic advisers, and I doubt they would advise him to raise taxes on anyone if the GDP plummets 2% in a quarter (which is looking to be increasingly likely).  The pressure is on the Democratic congress -- if they can handle no taxes on the rich for a short while.

My fear is that if McCain will be elected, there will be very much gridlock.  The silver lining to this is that gridlock is a WHOLE lot better than any kind of agenda the Democrats will implement.  This is pretty much the sole reason I support McCain; I want to have divided government, and he is my last best hope (though, not for long, as it seems).  I would likely be strongly leaning toward Obama now if the GOP was in control.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #1815 on: October 31, 2008, 10:16:23 PM »

RV

LV (Expanded)

LV (Traditional)

Not very often I Smiley nowadays but this warrants one! Then Planet Zogby struck ...........
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1816 on: October 31, 2008, 10:19:31 PM »

RV

LV (Expanded)

LV (Traditional)

Not very often I Smiley nowadays but this warrants one! Then Planet Zogby struck ...........

... and you take Zogby seriously?
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #1817 on: October 31, 2008, 10:34:16 PM »

I may if the other pollsters point to Friday 31st showing a similar trend. That said The Drudge points out that the three-day average is holding steady

Nate's got it up now but points out that one day results can be highly volatile and the Zogster uses nonsensical party weighting

Dave
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1818 on: October 31, 2008, 11:09:12 PM »

I may if the other pollsters point to Friday 31st showing a similar trend. That said The Drudge points out that the three-day average is holding steady

Nate's got it up now but points out that one day results can be highly volatile and the Zogster uses nonsensical party weighting

Dave

The man is a goddamned liar, dude.
MR maverick
MR politics
United States

« Reply #1819 on: October 31, 2008, 11:33:02 PM »

Seriously you guys take the tax issue way too far.

I don't think either on will really do anything with taxes atleast nothing extreme. McCain will look out for the rich like a good republican would, Obama less so.

Obama is not risky .. look at how he's ran the campaign compared to McCain being all over the road.

And ... PALIN = more risky then un protected sex with a hooker.
Mr.Jones
« Reply #1820 on: November 01, 2008, 03:01:06 AM »

Looking at the fact that McCain can pass away any time because of his old age, seriously can we afford Sarah Palin as our President after 8 years of Bush presidency ?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1821 on: November 01, 2008, 06:55:29 AM »

Looking at the fact that McCain can pass away any time because of his old age, seriously can we afford Sarah Palin as our President after 8 years of Bush presidency ?
Seeing as you survived Bush, if just barely, I suppose Palin can't be too bad either.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1822 on: November 01, 2008, 10:29:30 AM »

That would be terrible.  We'd have someone with limited experience in national office, isular, with no executive experience ... oh, wait.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1823 on: November 01, 2008, 10:32:41 AM »

That would be terrible.  We'd have someone with limited experience in national office, isular, with no executive experience ... oh, wait.

It's who a President surrounds himself while in office with that makes him bad, good or great. While it is likely that both Obama and McCain would reach across the gap and appoint from the other party, I have yet to be given any assurrance that Palin would.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #1824 on: November 01, 2008, 10:56:08 AM »

It's who a President surrounds himself while in office with that makes him bad, good or great. While it is likely that both Obama and McCain would reach across the gap and appoint from the other party, I have yet to be given any assurrance that Palin would.

Why? She has worked with Dems before. She alligns herself with Repubs and Dems who are willing to put corrupt politicans in jail.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies