Why has the political class demonized the working class? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:11:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Why has the political class demonized the working class? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why has the political class demonized the working class?  (Read 9657 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: June 07, 2008, 05:17:46 PM »

lol@some of the responses to this thread. Tragically I don't have much in the way of internets access at the moment so will have yell at thee all later!

The answer to the question is pretty much self-evident, btw. But more on that that later also, anyways.

2) I'm sick of hearing that upper-income, affluent Americans should inherently bear some sort of guilt.  A lot of people in the upper-class have the interests of the lower to middle class in mind.  Most "elitism" is simply an excuse for jealousy when a fully capable working class person throws that potential away and winds up doing a blue-collar job that they hate, so they direct that hate at people who did use their potential to get higher income jobs.  (I am NOT saying this is the norm, but I believe this type of person is prevalent enough to somewhat define what "elite" has come to mean)

Puffed up idiot. Go back to the 19th century.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 09:04:57 AM »

Little rich boy has a lot to learn!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies