Hillary's blog vs. Obama's blog
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:27:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Hillary's blog vs. Obama's blog
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary's blog vs. Obama's blog  (Read 1747 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 08, 2008, 02:01:33 AM »

Here's a post on Hillary's blog praising Obama. Now read the comments: http://blog.hillaryclinton.com/blog/main/2008/06/07/162034

Conversely, let's look at what Obama's people are saying about Hillary:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/stateupdates/gG5VTS/commentary#comments
http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/HQblog/gG5BJB/commentary#comments
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 03:10:20 AM »

People who lose tend not to be magnanimous.  It's called human nature, and only his holiness Obama can transcend human nature.

Or maybe Obama's blog administrator is better at removing comments that don't fit their message for the day.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 03:53:11 AM »

Wow. I don't think I saw a single comment in any way supportive of Obama on Hillary's blog but there are plenty of pro-McCain comments! Maybe you were right about that whole "fake Democrat" thing, BRTD.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 03:54:58 AM »

People who lose tend not to be magnanimous.  It's called human nature, and only his holiness Obama can transcend human nature.

Or maybe Obama's blog administrator is better at removing comments that don't fit their message for the day.

^^^^^
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 03:57:43 AM »

If Hillary's blog admin was better at removing these type of comments, there'd barely be anything left. You can count the number of pro-Obama comments, even half-hearted ones there on one hand.

I don't recall this type of venom against Kerry from Dean, Edwards or Clark supporters.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 03:59:47 AM »

If Hillary's blog admin was better at removing these type of comments, there'd barely be anything left. You can count the number of pro-Obama comments, even half-hearted ones there on one hand.

I don't recall this type of venom against Kerry from Dean, Edwards or Clark supporters.

Obama supporters complaining about "venom" is cute. At least it's online- Hillary volunteers were heckled in many states by the followers of Mr. Hope.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 04:06:46 AM »

Uh, go read those posts again, the vast majority of them from Obama supporters toward Hillary are quite positive. The same is happening on DU to boot.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 04:15:39 AM »

I don't think you're really reading my last comment.

In any case, Obama supporters trying to praise Hillary now after months of venom only makes themselves look like disingenuous hypocrites. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it and it's better than the alternative. But really, I still don't see how anyone could care much about who wins the primary between these two, because they basically have the same politics, except one is slightly more experienced and the other is slightly more charismatic. And neither is really as liberal as the extended primary of appealing to intra-party constituencies has made them seem. But it is amusing to see how people's behavior differs so much once the stakes have changed. Personally, I can say that all of my comments were out of personal convictions and not out of desire to be a hack for 'my' candidate.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 04:19:53 AM »

Threads like these arent going to solve anything. Ive moved on BRTD...I think you can too.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 08:25:32 AM »

Our battle is with McCain now, not Hillary.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies