"Mormons are not Christians" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:36:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  "Mormons are not Christians" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is this statement bigoted?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: "Mormons are not Christians"  (Read 10060 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 26, 2008, 12:13:53 PM »

Who gets to decide who's Christian or not?  I figured I'd leave that up to God.  Only an asshole would tell somebody else what religion they aren't in.

True, though since God doesn't come down weekly to tell us, people feel the need to tell us. To answer the topic's question though, I don't see anything bigoted about that. Then again, I'm not Christian, so I don't really care who's Christian & who's not.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 07:27:44 PM »

Correct Ms Alberta. The reason they are not Christians is because of their belief in "spirit children" and "Xenu". Plus they believe a whole bunch of other space based Godly stuff that sounds like it came right off the Sci-Fi channel.

And welcome to the forum! Glad to see another conservative around here and especially one from outside the US! Smiley

Thanks for the kind welcome.... I am so glad that I am not the only one that holds these thoughts.  I grew up in Calgary and there are so many Mormons there, it drove me insane having to listen to so-called Christians discuss Jesus being brothers with Satan and their holy underwear!

and yes, there is a girl on this forum now...who would have thought?Huh
But surely I can't be the only one?

You're not the only one. My ex-girlfriend is here too. She spends most of her time on the Off-Topic Board though.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 09:41:23 PM »

PiT - I was glad to see she stuck around after everyone had a go at her the other day.

It's alright. As I said, she's a very kind person who just gets angry a little easily. She didn't mean to offend anyone by calling them nerds.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 10:20:01 AM »

PiT - I was glad to see she stuck around after everyone had a go at her the other day.

It's alright. As I said, she's a very kind person who just gets angry a little easily. She didn't mean to offend anyone by calling them nerds.

I take offense at that being considered offensive. Angry

Me too. Angry Considering the stir that it caused though, I don't think a lot of people here liked to be called nerds.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies