Huck Joins Fox News
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:50:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Huck Joins Fox News
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Huck Joins Fox News  (Read 637 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 13, 2008, 02:03:40 PM »
« edited: June 13, 2008, 02:05:58 PM by GM3 »

Huckabee joining Fox News as political commentator By ANDREW DeMILLO, Associated Press Writer
Fri Jun 13, 10:30 AM ET

Mike Huckabee, a former Republican presidential hopeful, has been hired by Fox News Channel as a political commentator.

"Gov. Huckabee's campaign experience and knowledge of politics makes him a great addition to our ongoing election coverage," Bill Shine, senior vice president of programming, said in a statement Thursday.

Huckabee, who served as governor of Arkansas for 10 1/2 years, dropped out of the race in March, after John McCain won enough delegates to clinch the Republican nomination. Despite a financially strapped campaign, Huckabee won the leadoff caucuses in Iowa and seven other states.

"I hope to bring the unique perspective from `inside the dragon's belly' as well as to try and speak for the millions of hardworking middle-class Americans who really do feel that their voices are not being heard," Huckabee said in a statement released by his daughter, Sarah. "I saw that on the campaign trail and continue to see as I speak to groups of all kinds around the country as well as campaign for other candidates."

Financial terms of the agreement weren't released.

Huckabee, an ordained Baptist preacher, has been mentioned as a potential running mate for McCain. Since leaving the race, Huckabee has formed a political action committee that he says will help raise money for McCain and other Republicans.

Does that mean he's out of the Veep Stakes (although I doubt he was high on the list)?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 02:07:16 PM »

Well, McCain/Huckabee wasn't exactly likely.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 02:27:40 PM »

He'll be a good commentator.  Fox News isn't the greatest cable news channel, but it can hold its own.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 03:08:03 PM »

I think once he made the comment about someone pointing a gun in Obama's direction and Obama ducked for cover pretty much knocked him out of contention.  He's done some guest work on both FOX and CNN since withdrawing from the race and did a pretty decent job. 
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 03:08:51 PM »

He did some work at MSNBC as well; I was hoping they'd get him.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 05:14:56 PM »

I think once he made the comment about someone pointing a gun in Obama's direction and Obama ducked for cover pretty much knocked him out of contention.  He's done some guest work on both FOX and CNN since withdrawing from the race and did a pretty decent job. 

Meantime, such a comment made him a perfect fit for Fox. 

I have to admit, though, I expected him to take the place of Falwell and D. James Kennedy on the TV preacher circuit...using that bully pulpit to advance his vision.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 10:30:47 PM »

Meantime, such a comment made him a perfect fit for Fox. 

I have to admit, though, I expected him to take the place of Falwell and D. James Kennedy on the TV preacher circuit...using that bully pulpit to advance his vision.

Nah, he's too genuine for that Wink
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 01:08:23 AM »

well any respect I may have had for Huckabee just went down the drain.  He seems like a pretty straight shooter but now that he's joined up with the phonies over at FOX that pretty much cancels out any good qualities he has.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies