Kucinich is moving a Bush impeachment right now on the house floor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:22:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kucinich is moving a Bush impeachment right now on the house floor
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Kucinich is moving a Bush impeachment right now on the house floor  (Read 3205 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 01:18:12 AM »

It's amusing to me that the only time most Republicans stop pointing at the former president Clinton and screaming 'womanizer' is when discussing the rationality of his impeachment.

He did lie under oath. Shame on him. But it was still about a stupid blowjob, and -that- is what made impeachment lose its proverbial oomph.

As for Kucinich, he is an attention whore. Nevertheless, good on him.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 01:32:58 AM »

He did lie under oath. Shame on him. But it was still about a stupid blowjob, and -that- is what made impeachment lose its proverbial oomph.

Picking and choosing when we can lie under oath as President? Nice standard.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2008, 01:57:52 AM »

Did you even read what I wrote? I made no apologies for his perjury, I was saying the reason he was under investigation was BS to begin with.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2008, 01:59:26 AM »

Did you even read what I wrote? I made no apologies for his perjury, I was saying the reason he was under investigation was BS to begin with.

He was under investigation in a sexual harrassment case, my friend.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2008, 10:54:37 AM »

The Scooter Libby affair was worse than Clinton lying (or trying to get off on a technicality) about a blowjob.  Anyone who can't see that is an extreme partisan.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2008, 06:05:29 PM »

The Scooter Libby affair was worse than Clinton lying (or trying to get off on a technicality) about a blowjob.  Anyone who can't see that is an extreme partisan.

no it wasnt worse.

scooter libby was indicted because the prosecutor wasnt able to charge anyone with the 'crime' he was investigating.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2008, 08:04:39 PM »

no it wasnt worse.

scooter libby was indicted because the prosecutor wasnt able to charge anyone with the 'crime' he was investigating.

OK maybe Bush should not be impeached by constitutional standards but republicans sure cheapened the process in 1998 didnt they? Clinton lied about getting his dick sucked while Bush distorted pre-war intelligence. I am not sure if that is a crime but it sure does put him up there as worst president ever.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2008, 08:24:05 AM »

I don't know if there is PROOF of anything impeachable with The Decider.  But if there could be unfettered, exhaustive investigations -- I suspect he could probably be convicted of all kinds of crimes.  Possibly treason, if betraying your country in service to your own and your Vice-President's personal financial interests could be considered treason. 

Sorry.  But he's scum.  It's all I can do not to hate the man and just confine my hate and rage to his behavior and policies. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2008, 08:44:21 AM »

I don't know if there is PROOF of anything impeachable with The Decider.  But if there could be unfettered, exhaustive investigations -- I suspect he could probably be convicted of all kinds of crimes.  Possibly treason, if betraying your country in service to your own and your Vice-President's personal financial interests could be considered treason. 

Sorry.  But he's scum.  It's all I can do not to hate the man and just confine my hate and rage to his behavior and policies. 

If he's convicted and tossed out.....do you want Richard B. Cheney, President of the United States?  Didn't think so?  Wink
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2008, 11:00:30 AM »

If he's convicted and tossed out.....do you want Richard B. Cheney, President of the United States?  Didn't think so?  Wink
I would rather have Cheney in charge than Bush.  At least Cheney comes across as intelligent.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2008, 12:32:30 PM »

You know, I love asking people that but I would have never wanted Gore as President but I can't base my judgement for impeachment on that.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2008, 01:54:23 PM »

There are some pretty perfervid and hyperbolic comments being made about Bush on this thread. I don't approve of the man either, but well, whatever. By the way, I don't think there is any evidence that Bush with mens rea distorted pre-war intelligence as a predicate to war. Indeed, even the French thought Saddam had WMD's. I never thought that WMD's was a sufficient reason to invade myself, because there was no evidence of a clear and immediate threat, requiring immediate action, and Bush never claimed that there was. I favored invading on moral grounds because well, I was not sufficiently informed about Iraq, what kind of place it was, and the intensity of the Shia Sunni internecine hatreds and tensions.

The failure of Bush to be more informed however, is a black mark on his record, and inexcusable. One needs a Swiss watch legal mind to systematically ask the right questions, and a lot of questions, and recognize when the answers are superficial, and demand more. Bush does not have that kind of mind. Who knew? 
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2008, 02:14:04 PM »

Bush is an imbecile.  Those who voted for him in 2000 I give a pass to because everyone makes mistakes.  Those who voted for him in 2004 should be ashamed of themselves and, honestly, should pay double taxes.  :-)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2008, 02:22:34 PM »

You know, I love asking people that but I would have never wanted Gore as President but I can't base my judgement for impeachment on that.

Well,  Gore was a goober, Phil, but Cheney is Satan....there is a difference.  Wink
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2008, 11:13:44 PM »

Both Clinton and Bush deserved to be kicked out, but Clinton wasn't and Bush won't be.  It's annoying, but just the way things are.  Both broke countless laws, neither has supplied us with enough hard evidence to impeach.  Oh well.  Impeachment is overrated anyway.

Wow, that's pretty much how I feel too. Clinton and Bush have to be the two most dishonest Presidents we've ever had. After all the crap they've done, they deserve to be shown the door.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2008, 11:45:56 PM »

Both Clinton and Bush deserved to be kicked out, but Clinton wasn't and Bush won't be.  It's annoying, but just the way things are.  Both broke countless laws, neither has supplied us with enough hard evidence to impeach.  Oh well.  Impeachment is overrated anyway.

Wow, that's pretty much how I feel too. Clinton and Bush have to be the two most dishonest Presidents we've ever had. After all the crap they've done, they deserve to be shown the door.

"Whoever is afraid to dirty his hands should not get involved in politics." - Nikolai Chernyshevsky

True now more than ever.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2008, 12:16:37 PM »

Six of one, half dozen of the other.  I would want them both impeached.

Then again -- I am not sure President Stevens or President Pelosi works for me, either.

Good point, GM.  :-)
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2008, 12:35:56 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2008, 12:42:53 PM by Blue Dog »

Not really. Clinton is pretty average as far as Presidents go even if he colluded a lot with big business. Harding, Johnson, Nixon, Reagan (unless he really was that clueless), etc. all had much worse corruption and/or bigger lies during their Presidencies. And that's just the 20th century.

Oh and in case you think I'm just saying that to be partisan, Bush isn't the 'worst ever' President either.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies