Thank you
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:15:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Thank you
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 1053 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 15, 2008, 08:41:43 AM »

It's wonderful that this site is free of the weekend poll "debunking" that you find everywhere else. You know, this poll doesn't count because my party's voters are all at their second homes/in church/building homes with Habitat for Humanity while your party's voters are camped out on the couch eating Cheesecake Factory leftovers and watching Seventh Heaven reruns or Cinemax.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 09:36:49 AM »

There is some merit to the theory, as the Vorlon would tell you, but it's not enough to make me just randomly throw out polls.  The "summer polling" theory is more pervasive and more problematic.

Just remember, with any of these theories, that they're more likely to affect the crappy polling companies (you know, the unis) and not affect the Mason-Dixons or (less so) the Research 2000s of this world.

Anyway, I really don't see why this post is in this section, so I'm moving it outside.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 03:18:02 PM »

seventh heaven is an awful show.

my friend's wife used to watch it.  seriously.  i mean we had to be quiet while she was watching it.  disturbing...on so many levels.  a grown woman watching that horrible piece of crap.

by the end of the show i was usually to drunk to care if ruthie apologized to her classmate for some wrong.....
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 01:42:03 AM »

my friend's wife used to watch it.  seriously.  i mean we had to be quiet while she was watching it.  disturbing...on so many levels.  a grown woman watching that horrible piece of crap.

by the end of the show i was usually to drunk to care if ruthie apologized to her classmate for some wrong.....

So very on topic.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 11:24:58 AM »

So very on topic.

we can discuss which polling firm is better...arg or rasmussen.  we discuss friday polling versus tuesday polling.

or we can discuss why i find it disturbing that any adult would watch seventh heaven.

i know which discussion would be more interesting.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies