Santorum vs Hoeffel in 2004
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:00:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Santorum vs Hoeffel in 2004
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who would win?
Santorum

Hoeffel

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Santorum vs Hoeffel in 2004  (Read 3195 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2008, 10:46:03 AM »

Do you honestly believe that he wouldn't have had much more coverage if he was running for re-election??

Where did I say that, Smash? I'm saying he already had quite a bit of coverage after his statements and guess what? He was still popular. I know it's so hard to admit but it was true.

Yes and I'm saying it would have gotten more coverage if he was running for re-election and he would have been less popular.  SEPA would have been a disaster area for him.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2008, 01:58:07 PM »

Do you honestly believe that he wouldn't have had much more coverage if he was running for re-election??

Where did I say that, Smash? I'm saying he already had quite a bit of coverage after his statements and guess what? He was still popular. I know it's so hard to admit but it was true.

Yes and I'm saying it would have gotten more coverage if he was running for re-election and he would have been less popular.  SEPA would have been a disaster area for him.

And he would have won big out west.

Get over it, Smash. The other Santorum haters admitted that he'd win.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2008, 02:00:41 PM »

It simply boggles my mind how anyone could vote for both Santorum and Kerry. I honestly can not comprehend in any way how anyone could like them both, it is beyond bizarre.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2008, 02:40:09 PM »

As a PA resident and political activist who watched the 2004 political season come and go here, let me throw in my two cents quick: No way in Hell does Hoeffel even make this a real close race. Not at all because he was a bad candidate, but because he just didn't hold the name recognition or the machine to knock off an incumbent which blue-collar Pennsylvanians (in 2004) connected with. I know of many conservative Bush Haters that would have gladly pulled the switch for Kerry--Santorum, and I actually wonder if Santorum running in 04 wouldve had a negative effect on Kerry's numbers........

I'll go with what Speedy says.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies