Gay Marraige will be legal in 50 years (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:22:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gay Marraige will be legal in 50 years (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gay Marraige will be legal in 50 years  (Read 21532 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« on: February 17, 2004, 06:57:43 PM »

100% Agree

The poll I saw done by Washington Post and ABC shows that 41% of people believe that gay marraige should be legal, and 55% feelt hat it should not be legal.  But there is an encouraging sign in this poll.

This poll shows that 18-29 year olds favor gay marraige legalization, and 42% oppose.  But for those 65 and older, only 21% favor gay marraige and 75% oppose.

What this all means: the next generation is a generation whose majority is not a bunch of family values idiots.  In 50 years, when the family values idiots die out, say hello to gay marraige.

What should happen is that the state should get out of deciding what is and what is not "holy" matrimony. I wouldn't trust people in DC or even the state legislature to decide even the most meaningless decision like which color M&M I should eat first, much less whether anything I do or engage in is holy. Civil Unions for all. People can go to the church to get married and go to city hall to be united.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 03:52:01 PM »

Brambilla, what gives you the right to declare what is "unnatural" and "immoral" for your fellow citizens?
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 04:28:35 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oh I totally agree... I just don't believe that either you or myself were crowned with the ability to judge others based on our own personal beliefs about what the universal morality are.

Uh.. you mean during puberty... kinda like heterosexuality?

Well yeah, since there isn't marriage, there is no way to solidify or encourage manogomy.  Were there no social constraints, heterosexuals would have just as many partners.

Because of people like you, yes.

Morality is universal, not relative as many people believe. There is only one moral truth, and many religions follow it- Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Sikhism, Ba'haism, and so on and so fourth.

But why is homosexuality specifically wrong? Because it is a mental disorder that happens during the childhood. If you'de like, I can provide my sources, such as the fact that 44% of homosexual men and 22% of homosexual women were molested as children*, in a study of 2600 homosexuals, 30% of them had 500-1000+ partners in a lifetime**, 75% of homosexuals look for treatment for depression***, Homosexuals are six times as likely to commit suicide than heterosexuals ****, and homosexuals live an average of 20 years younger than heterosexuals*****.

* Archives of Sexual Behavior
** Journal of Sex Research
*** Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology
**** Archives of General Psychiatry
***** International Journal of Epidemiology

Yes, homosexuality is unnatural and a disorder.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 05:44:22 PM »

I think it is quite clear that heterosexuals outside the usual social constraints have multiple partners and engage in just as many sexual liaisons as their homosexual counterparts.  Ever watched Girls gone wild?

And the religious right vote is around 14% of the population... so they are both very much in the minority of the country.  And again, if so much of the world was persecuting you, wouldn't you want to seek out whatever might help you to become more "normal"?  Many early Christians faltered and denied their belief because they were persecuted and did not want to be labeled abnormal.

Nobody's crowned to judge anyone, but the facts remain. Morality is defined by nature. Are there homosexuals in nature? Does it damage the evolutionary process? Is it helpful to evolution? Are there mental disorders that go with homosexuality? No, yes, no, and yes. Homosexuality is thus unnatural.

No, childhood. The third adolescence is simply when the sexuality comes out more. The childhood is where it happens. Notice that the overwealming majority of homosexuals are feminine. Ever wonder why?

Evidence?

Evidence?

Umm, the gay vote is like 3% of the population. Also, many homosexuals actually acknowledge that their homosexuality is wrong and seek help. Ever heard of Courage? David Morrison?

Most of these statistics were done by LIBERAL homosexual organizations/studies, with RANDOM homosexuals involved in the study.

So becuase the mainstream accepts it means it's correct? Wow... no wonder liberals never get anyewhere! I listed at the end of the post who conducted the studies.

I want to help homosexuals, my friend! Homosexuals are dying because of organizations such as the APA and people who encourage them like you. Encouraging homosexuals to have sex is like encouraging a child to play with knives or matches. Something will eventually go wrong.

Firstly, I'm not basing my arguments on religion AT ALL.

Secondly, though I do believe abortion is immoral and murder, I don't know where any of the other two and abortion come into this debate. Interracial marraige isn't disordered- it's completely normal. It's between a man and a woman. People have done this since the beginning of time and have NO MENTAL ILLNESSES. Homosexuality, however, was not common and is a comparatively recent disorder, and homosexuals have mental problems in their life, with 44% of men and 22% of women having been abused as children.

Historical trivialization; logical fallacy; silly.

Logical fallacy. I don't have any psychological credentials- I don't claim to have any. I have family members and good friends in Psychology. But that doesn't mean my argument is null and void. Do you have any psychological credentials to prove that homosexuality is not a disorder? I think not.

This is simply a load of personal attacks with no support. I'm here to have a real debate, not a bunch of insults.

Homosexuality is immoral because of nature. Morality is based on natural law- Does homosexuality help the evolutionary process? Is homosexuality found in other species? Are there mental disorders that come with homosexuality? The answers? No, No, and yes. Further, there is no evidence that homosexuality comes from birth. It was ONE study done by ONE person criticized by DOZENS of ACCREDITED organizations, and it was accepted as fact. It's not fact, it's far from it.

Why do you assume I'm an evangelical?
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 05:45:09 PM »

Actually Cheney is very supportive of his daughter and she is on the payroll of the Bush/Cheney '04 campaign Smiley

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies