should carlhayden conduct a *study* of alcon?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:59:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  should carlhayden conduct a *study* of alcon?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 7

Author Topic: should carlhayden conduct a *study* of alcon?  (Read 773 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 20, 2008, 09:42:34 PM »

yes.  it is way overdue, in my opinion.

i just hope the study goes in to greater detail than his study on modu.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 09:45:14 PM »

Could you favor me with some background on this. By the way, if anyone does a "study" on me, I might sue. Tongue
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 09:46:09 PM »

I want the link to his study of modu again please.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 09:46:57 PM »

Could you favor me with some background on this. By the way, if anyone does a "study" on me, I might sue. Tongue

i think the thread has been deleted.  but carl conducted a very in depth study of modu's postings.  it must have taken him quite a bit of time.

it was both hilarious and creepy at the same time.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 12:56:41 AM »

I want one of me!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 03:29:04 AM »

He already does.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 03:31:08 AM »
« Edited: June 21, 2008, 04:11:53 AM by Alcon »

I'm so going to lock my door from now on, and not because my neighbor is named Velasquez.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 09:04:50 AM »

It's too funny not to post...

General Politics => U.S. General Discussion => Topic started by: CARLHAYDEN on May 20, 2007, 12:52:07 am

Title: Modu
Post by: CARLHAYDEN on May 20, 2007, 12:52:07 am
Over the past couple of years I have found Modu to be one of the most obnoxious posters on this forum, but could not put my finger on exactly why I found him so irritating.  Well, I did a little investigating and, here is a small part of the results:

1. On February 26, 2007, in response to States Rights post on the thread “Illegal Alien tries to Kidnap Manatee County child,” rather than expressing relief that the child had escaped his kidnapper without serious physical harm (a normal response) Modu quibbled about whether the alien who kidnaped him was “illegal.”

Well, contrary to Modu’s quibbling, he was an illegal alien, one Vincente Ignacio Beltran-Moreno,

Also, am I the only one to note the haha so prominent in Modu’s postings?  Do you think he was the basis for the character Nelson on the Simpsons?

2. On August 21, 2006 Modu gave further evidence of his compassion.  In the “Pray aloud gets man jailed” thread, Modu declared (based on nothing) that “he needed to have a permit”...and ”he did break the law.”  When subsequently called on that false statement, he sort of backed off on it.  Of course, no sympathy expressed by Modu for the victims of police abuse.

3. On November 2, 2005 Modu further expressed his opposition to freedom of speech in the “A vote for Free Speech thread.”  He believes that speech must be regulated.  He was supported by Opebo and opposed (quite eloquently) by Emsworth and several others.  Yes, as long as the “right” people are silenced, Modu is all for it, having no sympathy with others.

4. Now, I don’t want to paint Modu as some kind of curmudgeon who dislikes everyone.  The truth is that he not only has an incredible liking for George W. Bush, but he was one of the few on this forum to approve of Harriet Miers for the Associate Justice nomination (see, Do you support Bush’s AJ pick?”} Of course, neither Bush nor Miers are the hoi polloi like the Manatee County child or the man arrested for praying aloud, so Modu sympathizes with them.

5. In the thread “The immigration debate is over,” modu not only continued his defense of George W. Bush (one of the consistencies in his posts), but tried his version of the side step by attempting to change the subject.  Jfern, John Ford and TexasGurl took him to task for his evasiveness. Interesting pattern, John Dibble defending Modu.  Hmm.

Aside.  Even more posts where Dibble expresses his liking for Modu. “Five posterz...”.  Hmmmm.

6. In the “They want to fence us in,” thread Modu continued his opposition to border security.  He sounded like George W. Bush in his opposition to implementing the law passed on this matter.  Oh, and yes, now that you mention it, Bush and Nelson share a lot of similarities.  They’re both ignorant, prone to the use of violence, and enjoy the suffering of others (particularly if they get to inflict the suffering).

7. Now, to give the devil (and Modu specifically) his due, Modu did correctly note in the “illegal immigration fix” thread on May 6, 2006, that “that crappy Senate bill wanted to reward illegals with permanent residence or citizen ship within 4 years if they could verify their limited number of years or working in the country.  Sheesh...never pays to follow the rules in this county anymore.”  This may explain his support for this year’s amnesty bill which rewards illegals with permanent residence.  I guess he no longer believes in following the rules.

8.  For those interested in the epitome of Modu, I recommend you read the “Re: More facts on illegal aliens “ thread.  Now, on that thread  I noted that Modu had previously (on another thread) “A snapshot of illegal aliens” in Reply # 5 on May 26, 2006 at 10:33:29 pm, Modu stated “oh will you shut up...”  Now, on June 6, 2006 at 12:40:20 pm, in Reply #51 on the “Re:” thread, Modu alleged I said it!  Eventually, on Reply #55 Modu (to his credit) admitted to his error, after I refused to be intimidated by false claims.

9.When Jfern (to his credit) pointed out in the thread that “Bush denies anti-terror funding to NYC” that the budget cut would endanger New York City, Modu’s reply was a facetious “Oh no....it’s the end of the world!  Funding was cut back...how will the cities ever cope without Federal handouts?!??!”  I always thought that national defense was primarily a legitimate function of the federal (national) government, and that defending our people was a good idea, but Modu REALLY supports Bush.

More to come...
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 10:32:02 AM »

There were two or three other posts if I remember correctly.  I still get a laugh out of it.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 11:18:54 AM »

I've done a study.

It is clear waltermitty is Alcon. After all, waltermitty uses only lowercase. Most of the characters Alcon uses are lowercase. Therefore they are one and the same! Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies