Bizarre 2008 scenario
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:48:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Bizarre 2008 scenario
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bizarre 2008 scenario  (Read 4671 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 18, 2008, 05:11:14 PM »

I am going to present a bizarre scenario to the 2008 Presidential election campaign.

It is alleged on September 1, 2008, in a breaking story on CNBC, that John McCain is Barack Obama's biological father.

The allegation takes the nation and the world by storm, and throws the Presidential election campaign on it's ear.

As it turns out, in late 1960, while on flight training in Hawaii, McCain had a brief relationship with a black American woman who was a resident in Hawaii.  From this relationship, a baby boy was born on August 4, 1961.

The name of the birth mother was given on the birth certificate, but the name of the birth father was given as "unknown."  The birth mother did not want to damage McCain's promising military career in any way, and therefore gave the name of the father as "unknown." 

The birth mother gave up the baby for adoption the day he was born to American Ann Dunham, who is white, from Wichita, KS, and her husband Barack Obama, who is black, originally from Kenya, who were living in Hawaii at the time.  The young couple were overjoyed at adopting a strong, healthy baby boy, and named him Barack Obama, after his adoptive father, and giving him the middle name of Hussein.

The birth mother was pleased that since the baby was of mixed black and white parentage that he was adopted by a couple also of mixed black and white parentage.

Both McCain and Obama deny the allegations from CNBC, but CNBC stands behind it's story as factual, and wants both McCain and Obama to submit to a DNA test.  The tests take place, and prove that McCain is in fact Obama's biological father.

CNBC had been given the details of Obama's biological parentage by the daughter of Obama's birth mother.  The birth mother had gone to her grave in 2006, revealing to no one except for her daughter, who was born in 1965, that she was in fact the birth mother of rising poltiical star Barack Obama.

How does this dramatic development affect the 2008 race for President?

Please discuss.       
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 05:13:01 PM »

Something else has an even greater effect: a rip in the universe that destroys life itself.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 05:18:50 PM »

Put down the LSD please.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 05:27:20 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2008, 05:32:55 PM by Old Europe »

Obama landslides in November (he wins North Dakota, Nebraska, Indiana, and both Carolinas), since it turns out that the allegations from the 2000 campaign that McCain had fathered a black child were in fact true after all. Tongue

Other possibilities:

- McCain and Obama decide to run together under a joint Democratic-Republican/Unity '08 ticket (McCain as presidential candidate, Obama as his running mate) and they take all 50 states.

- Obama narrowly wins the election and appoints his father Secretary of State after the election.

P.S. What if Obama were in fact McCain's father? (have to bring a time travel element in here)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 06:23:23 PM »

Ron Paul wakes up; realizes he has to wash his sheets.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 06:38:09 PM »

You stole this idea from JSojourner:

What if Barack could prove he was John McCain's black love-child?  You know, the one the 2000 Bush campaign talked about in South Carolina....

This would only work as an interesting twist if McCain revealed it to Obama in a debate:

"Rev. Wright never told you the truth about your father......I AM YOUR FATHER."

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 06:39:09 PM »

Btw, here's my time travel scenario...

2008: Obama is elected President of the United States.

2011: Skynet starts WWIII and takes over the world.

2011/1936: Skynet figures out that John McCain was actually John Connor's (whose full name is John Sidney Connor) grandfather and sends a Terminator back through time. President Obama thinks that it is his duty to save his former opponent's life and travels back as well (living in a bunker covered by radioactive debris sucks anyway).

1936: The Terminator's outer appearance is modeled after former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (in 2011 one of the leaders of the newly fomed Human Resistance), so he almost succeeds in fooling Obama. At the last possible moment, Obama manages to locate John McCain's mother and saves her from the Governator. On the run from the ruthless machine, Obama and McCain's mom fall in love and spend a night together. In the end, the Terminator is successfully destroyed, but Obama also bites the dust in the final battle. As it turns out, Barack Obama happened to be John McCain's father as well as John Connor's great-grandfather (oh, the irony!).

1943: The successfully recovered CPU from the Terminator is used in building the ENIAC and therefore helps in ushering the modern computer age.

2008: Skynet sends a second Terminator (this time modeled after Hillary Clinton) through time in order to kill Obama shortly before to the West Virginia primary. The assassination is averted by John Connor and Obama wins West Virginia in a landslide. The real Hillary Clinton is cleared of any participation in the assassination attempt. However, opinion polls show that 44% of all blue-collar Democrats still believe that she's actually an evil killer cyborg from the future and therefore she drops out of the race. Obama and McCain promise eachother to veto the Skynet funding bill after one of them is elected president. On election day, most Americans doubt that Judgment Day was really averted and vote for John McCain since they believe that he's better equipped in building the Human Resistance.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 06:41:54 PM »

They have a big ole' family reunion, everybody is happy and it's all good.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 06:50:38 PM »

2008: Skynet sends a second Terminator (this time modeled after Hillary Clinton) through time in order to kill Obama shortly before to the West Virginia primary.

I would actually like to see Hillary traveling back in time to '36, and it turns out that she hooked up with time traveling Obama, and they are McCain's parents.  Then Obama is able to return to the future, while Clinton is trapped in the past, where she is left to raise McCain.  And she's still around today, as "Roberta McCain"....helplessly watching her younger self's campaign implode around her.  Of course, she can't do anything about it, or it would have grave consequences for the timeline.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 07:45:52 PM »

What if Barack could prove he was John McCain's black love-child?  You know, the one the 2000 Bush campaign talked about in South Carolina....

This would only work as an interesting twist if McCain revealed it to Obama in a debate:

I never stole this idea from anyone.  Thoughts on this theme have been floating around for some time now, in various venues.  It is nothing original, not for myself, and not for JSojourner.

My scenario is the first on this forum, that I am aware of, to actually plot out in detail a plausable, reasonable, and realistic explanation of how this event could have actually taken place.

I have expanded greatly on this matter, rather than just saying, "what if McCain was Obama's father."
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 07:53:21 PM »

I never stole this idea from anyone.  Thoughts on this theme have been floating around for some time now, in various venues.  It is nothing original, not for myself, and not for JSojourner.

My scenario is the first on this forum, that I am aware of, to actually plot out in detail a plausable, reasonable, and realistic explanation of how this event could have actually taken place.

I have expanded greatly on this matter, rather than just saying, "what if McCain was Obama's father."

You're right, you've been the most reasonable in extrapolating from this ridiculous scenario and deserve full credit.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 11:29:52 PM »

You're right, you didn't steal it.  My post accusing you of stealing it was tongue in cheek.  I should have included a Wink or something.  However.....

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ummm.....OK.
bergie72
Germany

Political Matrix
E: 4.77, S: -3.48

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 10:55:21 AM »

Btw, here's my time travel scenario...

2008: Obama is elected President of the United States.

2011: Skynet starts WWIII and takes over the world.

2011/1936: Skynet figures out that John McCain was actually John Connor's (whose full name is John Sidney Connor) grandfather and sends a Terminator back through time. President Obama thinks that it is his duty to save his former opponent's life and travels back as well (living in a bunker covered by radioactive debris sucks anyway).

1936: The Terminator's outer appearance is modeled after former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (in 2011 one of the leaders of the newly fomed Human Resistance), so he almost succeeds in fooling Obama. At the last possible moment, Obama manages to locate John McCain's mother and saves her from the Governator. On the run from the ruthless machine, Obama and McCain's mom fall in love and spend a night together. In the end, the Terminator is successfully destroyed, but Obama also bites the dust in the final battle. As it turns out, Barack Obama happened to be John McCain's father as well as John Connor's great-grandfather (oh, the irony!).

1943: The successfully recovered CPU from the Terminator is used in building the ENIAC and therefore helps in ushering the modern computer age.

2008: Skynet sends a second Terminator (this time modeled after Hillary Clinton) through time in order to kill Obama shortly before to the West Virginia primary. The assassination is averted by John Connor and Obama wins West Virginia in a landslide. The real Hillary Clinton is cleared of any participation in the assassination attempt. However, opinion polls show that 44% of all blue-collar Democrats still believe that she's actually an evil killer cyborg from the future and therefore she drops out of the race. Obama and McCain promise eachother to veto the Skynet funding bill after one of them is elected president. On election day, most Americans doubt that Judgment Day was really averted and vote for John McCain since they believe that he's better equipped in building the Human Resistance.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 11:53:14 AM »

Obama landslides in November (he wins North Dakota, Nebraska, Indiana, and both Carolinas), since it turns out that the allegations from the 2000 campaign that McCain had fathered a black child were in fact true after all. Tongue

probably.

For some reason i'm reminded of the scene in The Empire Strikes Back where Darth Vader says, "No, I am your father!"
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 12:23:49 PM »

probably.

For some reason i'm reminded of the scene in The Empire Strikes Back where Darth Vader says, "No, I am your father!"

Maybe you're thinking that because you read the rest of this thread.  Specifically, this part:

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 08:03:23 PM »

probably.

Maybe you're thinking that because you read the rest of this thread.  Specifically, this part:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! ITS NOT POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies