Have you ever flew First Class or Business Class on a commercial jet before?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:37:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you ever flew First Class or Business Class on a commercial jet before?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Have you?
International First Class

Business Class (the Middle Class on a 3-class plane)

Nope

I never can afford/never been to even get on the plane!

Commercial Flight?  that. I am a wealthy aristrocrat(businessman, senior professional,entertainer,politician) and can fly alone. I also can afford to eat 30 meals, but keep my girlish figure through the vomitorium.

Domestic First Class

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Have you ever flew First Class or Business Class on a commercial jet before?  (Read 7776 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2008, 02:59:16 PM »

By the way, for those of you who have only flow on domestic (american) airlines, I'd like to inform you that flying is enormously better outside the US.  Nearly all non-US airlines have much better service and friendlier staff than any american airline, and most importantly foreign airports have much more efficient and less intrusive security forces.

Not Heathrow. Heathrow is hell in every way.

Like Paris.
Conan
conan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2008, 03:06:18 PM »

No, actually I drove through Newark two days ago
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH this comment explains a lot about you. NAIVE
And the last time you went to Newark?  It is about as impoverished as a place in America that you will find.  It hails in comparison even to Passaic and Paterson which are pretty horrendous.  I've also been to Harlem and other slums

Go to Detroit. That's about as bad as it gets.
I can't say I've been there, but I can imagine.  Newark is a slum though
I don't know what these people are talking about but they've obviously have never been to certain parts of Newark.

Which people?
Whoever believes Newark doesnt have poverty.

It doesn't. You don't know what poverty is.
Yea....you try going into Newark and say they have it good. Both the conditions that you must be thinking of and that I am thinking of are both unexcusable Don't give me this "you don't know real poverty" BS. 
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2008, 03:14:46 PM »

opebo is referring to Asian airports, which so terribly destroy American airports it's not even funny.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2008, 03:15:43 PM »

Why the hell do any of us have to explain ourselves to a 13 year old like Xahar? Go back to the kiddy table and eat your chicken fingers, the grown-ups are trying to have a conversation.

oh snap.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2008, 03:27:32 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2008, 03:39:12 PM by ޒަހަރު) زَهَـرْ) »

Why the hell do any of us have to explain ourselves to a 13 year old like Xahar? Go back to the kiddy table and eat your chicken fingers, the grown-ups are trying to have a conversation.

That's too bad for the grown-ups, isn't it?

And how old are you? I'm glad you're getting a chance to get over your inferiority complex by calling yourself a "grown-up". I'm as capable of intelligent thought as you. You know you've won when you get attacked personally.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2008, 03:33:44 PM »

And the last time you went to Newark?  It is about as impoverished as a place in America that you will find.  It hails in comparison even to Passaic and Paterson which are pretty horrendous.  I've also been to Harlem and other slums

I can't say I've been there, but I can imagine.  Newark is a slum though
I don't know what these people are talking about but they've obviously have never been to certain parts of Newark.

Which people?

Yea....you try going into Newark and say they have it good. Both the conditions that you must be thinking of and that I am thinking of are both unexcusable Don't give me this "you don't know real poverty" BS. 

Dude things that are taken for granted in Newark are not available in slums all over the world. At least 95% of the people in Newark have running water and access to a bathroom right? Yeah that is a luxury in slums all over the world. Again like I said Newark is a dangerous place but it is nowhere close to being the most impoverished place on earth.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2008, 03:35:55 PM »

Wow nice reasoning. Very logical.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2008, 03:44:26 PM »

You obviously don't. Visit an actual slum, one where the buildings are made of cardboard and sheet metal, not just run down and neglected; one where there is no clean water; one where disease runs rampant; one where they can't count on drugs to at least bring some money into the slum. If Newark is anything like the bad parts of Baltimore, Philadelphia, or D.C., I can't imagine it being anywhere as hopeless as Bangkok or just about any major city in South Asia or Africa.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2008, 04:10:27 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2008, 04:13:27 PM by Senator Colin Wixted »

That's too bad for the grown-ups, isn't it?

And how old are you? I'm glad you're getting a chance to get over your inferiority complex by calling yourself a "grown-up". I'm as capable of intelligent thought as you. You know you've won when you get attacked personally.

You know Xahar, you're last thing is absolutely false. When I attack someone its because I'm lazy and want to be an asshole more than anything else. Only idiots attack when they cannot argue and I don't think that I would call anyone, except Josh and GPorter idiots on this forum. Plus you're such an excellent punching bag that I couldn't resist, and for that I am sorry. There are plenty of know it alls on this forum Xahar it's just that most people, at least the older ones, come to realize over time that constantly telling people that makes them want to do nothing more than kick you in the balls repeatedly for being an annoying prick. I have no inferiority complexes, except when it comes to women.

Also, what is the point of aging if I can't pull the "I'm older and wiser than you, f**ktard" card on those younger than me. Don't take the morally superior tone with me Xahar, you'll do the exact same thing. You already pull the "I'm smarter than all you f**ktards" card with people twice your age now so what makes you think you're somehow above what I did?
Conan
conan

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2008, 04:32:48 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2008, 04:34:58 PM by Conan »

You obviously don't. Visit an actual slum, one where the buildings are made of cardboard and sheet metal, not just run down and neglected; one where there is no clean water; one where disease runs rampant; one where they can't count on drugs to at least bring some money into the slum. If Newark is anything like the bad parts of Baltimore, Philadelphia, or D.C., I can't imagine it being anywhere as hopeless as Bangkok or just about any major city in South Asia or Africa.
Poverty is poverty. Some live in extreme poverty, others do not. There really isn't an argument to this. There are plenty of places in America and other developed nations which contain poverty. I could give a sh**t about Bangkok.  It's degree of poverty doesnt take away others'.

Which people?

Dude things that are taken for granted in Newark are not available in slums all over the world. At least 95% of the people in Newark have running water and access to a bathroom right? Yeah that is a luxury in slums all over the world. Again like I said Newark is a dangerous place but it is nowhere close to being the most impoverished place on earth.
I'm not making a case that it is one of the most impoverished places on earth. It has poverty. It meets its definition and any normal person would agree.

It's time we end all this, this is America, no one is poor or neglected bull. This is reality...granted it's not like those found in Africa or elsewhere, but it's still poverty.
opebo is referring to Asian airports, which so terribly destroy American airports it's not even funny.
That's mostly because we have older infrastructure because we developed faster. Unfortunately for our airports, we can't afford closing JFK so we can build high tech.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2008, 05:01:14 PM »

I don't want to read 3 pages of stuff. What are we talking about now?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2008, 05:18:41 PM »

Which people?

I'm not making a case that it is one of the most impoverished places on earth. It has poverty. It meets its definition and any normal person would agree.

It's time we end all this, this is America, no one is poor or neglected bull. This is reality...granted it's not like those found in Africa or elsewhere, but it's still poverty.
[/quote]

DWTL was trying to say that he had seen all the poverty he needed to see by driving through Newark and that is just naive and I pointed that out. I am not saying that the people in Newark are not impoverished and that they are not hurting. Their problems are different from those in slums in Asia and Africa. They need better schools and less drugs. In the third world the slums would be happy with just some water and food. I am not trying to make moral equivalancies or any s**t like that since people in all slums are hurting. I was just pointing out the differences.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2008, 05:21:42 PM »

How Newark, New Jersey isn't actually poor.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2008, 05:28:07 PM »

Nope. My family rarely travels anyway, but the left over money is used for hotels, dinners and what-not.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2008, 06:03:05 PM »

How Newark, New Jersey isn't actually poor.

Go to Batha'a, that's poverty. Real poverty.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2008, 06:08:15 PM »

13 year old Xahar trying to give life lessons
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2008, 06:25:21 PM »

I dont know how old you are buddy but Xahar is a lot less naive than you are.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2008, 06:50:54 PM »

One question. Who the f@#k cares?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2008, 06:53:57 PM »

mmhmmmm... and what are you?  A midget among dwarves?
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2008, 07:15:34 PM »

Xahar is rich and has never been outside of his parent's gated community or overseas resorts in dubai. He has less knowledge of the facts on the ground than even the most disconnected middle class suburbanite.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2008, 07:17:53 PM »

Xahar is rich and has never been outside of his parent's gated community or overseas resorts in dubai. He has less knowledge of the facts on the ground than even the most disconnected middle class suburbanite.

Really?

I've played on railroad tracks in Dhaka.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2008, 07:18:38 PM »

The resort there has railroad tracks?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2008, 07:25:50 PM »

The resort there has railroad tracks?

There are no resorts in Dhaka. It's not a place where tourists go.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2008, 07:30:29 PM »

You're mistaking Dubai for Dhaka.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2008, 07:32:02 PM »

Obviously he was talking about Dhaka this whole thread so wtf is your point?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies