Do you support trickle-down economic policies? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:41:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you support trickle-down economic policies? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you support trickle-down economic policies?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Do you support trickle-down economic policies?  (Read 2071 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: June 29, 2008, 02:33:52 PM »

No, I don't.  I believe in Keynesian policies which offered a longer term, better fix for this country after a much larger crisis that led to the trickle down economics of the 1980s.

Raise taxes for the rich and spend it on rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure.  That'll kickstart the economy really well.

But no, the right will think that tax cuts are better... and who cares, anyway?  We can eek out a couple more years on those corroded bridges anyway, right?  And when it falls into the river, it'll be the "libruls" that were too busy giving money to the lazy welfare queens, right?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 11:15:41 PM »

Loaded question, but more yes than no. In the end, wealth for the median  is a function of the size of the pie, and that requires rather vigorous supply side policies. The most critical of those is revamping our secondary school system from root to branch.

The whole point of supply side economics is to mask the fact that most peoples' slice of the pie is shrinking by increasing the size of the pie drastically...

And as far as revamping our secondary school system into a technical training period for specific jobs.. bad idea.  Teens need a basic education that focuses in core skills that can be used in almost all job situations.  College is what specialization is for.  Just ask the Germans what they think of their 3-tier system?  It's just working swimmingly, isn't it?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies