Zell Miller is on the stage... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:01:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Zell Miller is on the stage... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Zell Miller is on the stage...  (Read 43472 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: September 01, 2004, 10:46:39 PM »

I don't care whether he's changed or not.  Did Kerry or did Kerry not vote against all those weapons systems?  Did he or did he not vote against using force to kick Saddam out of Kuwait?  I've seen enough.

You mean the very same wweapon systems Dick Cheney opposed while Sec of Defense under George H W Bush???
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 10:53:22 PM »

Of course they do. Any US military operations in our own self interest and not sanctioned by the UN is evil.

Then why did Kerry vote for the 2002 war resolution?

Why does he vote two ways on everything? So he can try and please everybody. He voted for the war in 2002 so it couldn't be thrown back in his face, obviously, but it didn't matter if he had because it just ended up another inconsistency.

How do you know his motives?  Were you there?

My opinion?  He voted for the war because it felt it was the right thing to do.

That's fine if that's your opinion, but I disagree. He votes against the Gulf War, smears our vets, the AZ Democrat just 10 years ago says he's proposing cuts far deeper than anyone else, he was against standing up to the Soviet Union, he was for a nuclear freeze, and then he turns around in 2002 with a Presidential run coming up and votes for authorization to use force. Well that goes against everything he had said and done 30 years before it, so it's obvious to me he didn't want it thrown back in his face. But it hurt him a bit anyway, because it showed up as just him trying to cover all the bases.
\

As far as the Intel Cuts goes, yeah the cuts Republicans also passed/
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 11:01:01 PM »

Of course they do. Any US military operations in our own self interest and not sanctioned by the UN is evil.

Why does he vote two ways on everything? So he can try and please everybody. He voted for the war in 2002 so it couldn't be thrown back in his face, obviously, but it didn't matter if he had because it just ended up another inconsistency.

That's fine if that's your opinion, but I disagree. He votes against the Gulf War, smears our vets, the AZ Democrat just 10 years ago says he's proposing cuts far deeper than anyone else, he was against standing up to the Soviet Union, he was for a nuclear freeze, and then he turns around in 2002 with a Presidential run coming up and votes for authorization to use force. Well that goes against everything he had said and done 30 years before it, so it's obvious to me he didn't want it thrown back in his face. But it hurt him a bit anyway, because it showed up as just him trying to cover all the bases.
\

Once again:

If I have to choose between cuts and cuts that will completely gut the Intel community, I guess I'll have to just go with cuts.

They were a bad idea, but read what Kerry wanted to do! If he could have, he'd have smashed our Intel community to virtual nothingness.

Completley gut the Intelligence Community??  Based on what.  Their was very little difference in the total cuts
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 11:34:41 PM »

\

Once again:

If I have to choose between cuts and cuts that will completely gut the Intel community, I guess I'll have to just go with cuts.

They were a bad idea, but read what Kerry wanted to do! If he could have, he'd have smashed our Intel community to virtual nothingness.

Completley gut the Intelligence Community??  Based on what.  Their was very little difference in the total cuts

Based on his votes from the 1980s to the present. In the late '80s and early '90s it was decided upon by pretty much everyone, including the military, that some cuts could now be made. No more Soviet Union. So everyone was for the cuts at that time, the only question was how much. Now in retrospect, yes, we see that they weren't a good idea mainly because in the current context of terrorism UBL had a desire to hold together al-Qaeda, founded in '88, and it was decided upon that the best way to do that was to keep the conflict going, identify another enemy since they had been so successful in fighting the Commies. He didn't want what he had to dissolve, it was too effective to let fall apart. The USA was the next target, and much of it was just that: he wanted a new target so he could keep his movement going and hold it together, because nothing binds like a common enemy. We underestimated him.

That said, Kerry has supported severely cutting the military and intel all along, from the 1980s up till now when he suddenly changes directions and now he says he's for a bigger military and so on and so forth. Well he never has been before and his votes don't match what he says! Again, yes, cuts were backed by the GOP, but they were backed by everyone at that time.

Well guys, I'm getting a bit tired. No, I don't think John Kerry HATES (such a strong word) America, but gosh, I think his judgment is sure screwy. I prefer to keep taking the fight to the terrorists than stop and let the UN lead. But wait, Kerry even voted against war when it was sanctioned by them... actually, I think he's just weak, guys, and I do think he sees us as aggressors. Not what he need now. No. Huh-uh, not for me.

HATES America? No.

Well, good evening or g'night, all, depending upon where you are!  Smiley

The so called cuts that Kerry favored was barley more than anyone else agreed on.  The whole "gut" issue is INSANE
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies