GOP insiders starting to get upset with McCain's "aimless" campaign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:42:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  GOP insiders starting to get upset with McCain's "aimless" campaign (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP insiders starting to get upset with McCain's "aimless" campaign  (Read 2358 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« on: July 02, 2008, 10:14:07 PM »

That "sweetheart" deal: (from fivethirtyeight.com)

Obama's mortgage rate was 5.625 percent; the Washington Post cites databases stating that the average rate on comparable properties was 5.93 percent.

So Obama's rate was 30 basis points better than the average. However, the amount of the loan and the nature of the property are not the only factors that determine a mortgage rate. Another major consideration is the creditworthiness of the borrower. According to current rate quotes from myFICO.com, a borrower with very good credit can expect a mortgage rate about 30 basis points better than someone with pretty good credit, and a borrower with excellent credit can expect about a 50 basis point discount.

Obama had just gotten a $2.27 million book deal from Random House -- about $1 million more than the value of the mortgage.
* The Obamas each had exceptionally secure jobs that paid them a combined annual salary of about $500,000 per year.
* The Obamas had just sold their condo, on which they had realized a $137,500 profit.
* The Obamas were prominent public figures whose political futures depended in part on maintaining a reputation for responsibility and trustworthiness.
* The Obamas are known to be relatively thrifty and have no credit card debt but substantial savings.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 07:43:57 AM »

Fair enough Lunar. I got about the same rate buying a second home at about the same time, with a solid FICO score and financial statements. That leaves the rest of the story however, which I researched personally

As you can see from my political avatar, I'm not about to jump ahead of the pack and declare that politicians aren't corrupt.  I think Obama and McCain are both highly ambitious men who would gouge out my eyeballs in exchange for their goals if they think they could get away with it, haha.  Luckily my eye sockets are not related to the presidency except in metphor!

Err.. the point is that I'm sure Democrats  who believe the Obamarama can do no wrong will be more than happy to provide the partisan talking points/ramblings to specific criticisms you have of Barack, provided you start a new thread (which wouldn't be a bad idea for original research). I have no personal interest in declaring the guy's a saint.   I clearly just went after one keyword in your entire post, which has legitimacy more than the word "sweetheart."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies