GOP insiders starting to get upset with McCain's "aimless" campaign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:51:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  GOP insiders starting to get upset with McCain's "aimless" campaign (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP insiders starting to get upset with McCain's "aimless" campaign  (Read 2386 times)
Reluctant Republican

« on: July 02, 2008, 07:58:41 PM »

But, the fact is that the talent drain in the GOP has been pretty sharp over the last few years.  We're kinda like one of those sports teams that had a great run for a while, but now we are stuck with low draft picks, aging players, injuries and rebuilding.

I dare say had McCain won the GOP primary in 2000 and went on to be elected to serve two terms as president, the GOP brand could well have been in better shape than it is today

Dave

Not necessarily.  Part of the reason the GOP is in such bad shape today is hubris.  Success tends to breed complacency.

Perhaps what the GOP needs is to wander again in the wilderness for a few more years. That’s why I’m kind of hoping we suffer massive loses in the Senate and House, and am apathetic to the presidential race, despite my relative dislike for Obama. Grant the Democrats the opportunity to push their version of America forward for a few years, and hopefully the GOP will be able to develop a viable counter philosophy  that appeals to the masses. I do believe the GOP needs a good deal of reform if it wants to be politically viable in most parts of the country (At least in federal races) in 30 years, and the best way for that reform to occur is for it to be out of power for awhile.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies