GOP insiders starting to get upset with McCain's "aimless" campaign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:55:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  GOP insiders starting to get upset with McCain's "aimless" campaign (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP insiders starting to get upset with McCain's "aimless" campaign  (Read 2387 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: July 02, 2008, 04:37:27 PM »

Well, its about time someone said something.  McCain used to be one of the greatest campaigners in the US... what the Hell happened?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 06:34:08 PM »

Well, its about time someone said something.  McCain used to be one of the greatest campaigners in the US... what the Hell happened?

The straight talk express got replaced with the straight bullsh**t derailed, and he got 8 years older.

I have to admit... I didn't get the John McCain I paid for.  Still, he's better than Obama.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 06:37:55 PM »

But, the fact is that the talent drain in the GOP has been pretty sharp over the last few years.  We're kinda like one of those sports teams that had a great run for a while, but now we are stuck with low draft picks, aging players, injuries and rebuilding.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 06:47:19 PM »

But, the fact is that the talent drain in the GOP has been pretty sharp over the last few years.  We're kinda like one of those sports teams that had a great run for a while, but now we are stuck with low draft picks, aging players, injuries and rebuilding.

I dare say had McCain won the GOP primary in 2000 and went on to be elected to serve two terms as president, the GOP brand could well have been in better shape than it is today

Dave

Not necessarily.  Part of the reason the GOP is in such bad shape today is hubris.  Success tends to breed complacency.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies