Election Eve Speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:11:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Election Eve Speech
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Election Eve Speech  (Read 847 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 02, 2004, 03:37:35 AM »
« edited: September 02, 2004, 03:40:07 AM by Gabu »

San Jose, CA-

Folks, it's past midnight Wednesday already, which means that there's less than one day to go before the election begins.  It has been a quick election, to be sure, but it remains as important as any other.  It decides as much as any other.

I am as dedicated to Atlasia as anyone could be.  I talk to its citizens every day and invest hours at a time into it because I believe in it.  Through turbulant and calm times alike, we are a great nation; we have always been a great nation; and we will always be a great nation.  We are a nation undeterred by artificial boundaries.  We are a nation where people of all creeds can assemble peaceably and enjoy a lively debate.  We are a nation in which everyone can make a difference and participate equally, be they citizens of old or completely new arrivals, where all are judged solely by the quality of their character and thoughts.  We are a nation where people's qualities are appreciated, and differences, tolerated.  That is our nation; that will be our nation regardless of what any naysayers might tell you.

Tomorrow, citizens of District 5 will go to the polls, and to them I say, think of what we can do.  Think of what we need.  Think of what will make us the best we can be.

I believe that I am an honorable, honest, dedicated citizen.  I believe that I have the capacity to make the voices of District 5 heard in the way the citizens want them to be.  I have the capacity and the willingness to coordinate my efforts effectively with everyone involved and to make proposals and decisions that benefit as many people as possible, but be it also known that in doing so I promise that I will never, ever compromise the core human values of respect, dignity, and honesty.

I strongly, deeply believe in all of the fundamental freedoms assured to citizens and will strive to fight for them to the utmost of my ability.

I believe in a country that does all that it can to help its citizens, but one that does so within the confines of reasonability.  I believe in a country that only sees red - ink, that is - when it is an obvious necessity, a country in which a balanced budget is not regarded as an unnecessary peculiarity.

I believe in a strong, but respectful country, one that forms the necessary balance between force and diplomacy; between punishment and rehabilitation; between hard and soft.  Too much of one drives away those that are wanted; too much of the other keeps those who are not.  To ensure national stability, we need policy stability.  We must be strong, and yet also remember that we cannot win anyone's hearts or minds if we lose our own.

I believe in a country respectful of its parts, a country that will not force a region to do something a certain way if the way it does it does not affect any other region.  I believe in a country that is cohesive, but diverse: a country bound by common dreams and hopes, but unbound by needless restrictions and control.

Fellow citizens, in less than a day, the polls open; in less than a week, District 5 will have participated in the eternal march of democracy; and in less than a quarter of a year, District 5 could be enjoying the best representation in the Senate that its votes can create.

Think of what we can do.

Good night, and God bless you all.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 12:50:39 PM »

I urge the voters of District 5 to read this, as well as Gabu's previous campaign speeches...

Senate Seat 5A Election HQ

Then vote for the candidate with the dedication and the commitment to lead this forum forward!

VOTE FOR GABU!!!
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 03:30:46 PM »

Vote for Gabu!
Great speech!
P.S.- If you like San Jose so much, you can still change your vote for our convention.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 07:14:55 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2004, 07:16:46 PM by Gabu »

Thank you, both of you. Smiley

Akno: I favored San Jose as a place to give my final speech, but I must apologize, as I still favor Honolulu as the site for our convention.  If you want San Jose that much, Texasgurl and TomatoSoup (among maybe others) still have not voted; see if you can get them to vote.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 07:30:49 PM »

*Applause*

Good luck Gabu.  May your election restore the Democratic Party to its rightful place in Atlasia.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 08:01:39 PM »

May your election restore the Democratic Party to its rightful place in Atlasia.

If you Dems don't watch out, I'm going to go on an anti-Democratic rant Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies