Jesse Helms Dead at 86 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:26:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Jesse Helms Dead at 86 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jesse Helms Dead at 86  (Read 21450 times)
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« on: July 04, 2008, 01:18:02 PM »

An evil man has died.  I hope that God has more mercy on him than he showed to his fellow man.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 03:35:35 PM »

An evil man has died.  I hope that God has more mercy on him than he showed to his fellow man.
notice how down is quiet when his fellow Republican blasts Helms.
Nah, I just didn't read the thread since then.  Its really dispicable, however, it still continues to prove my point.  All I did was acknowlege something Ted Kennedy did and everyone freaked out, but when people who did more than be born with a silver spoon in their mouth die they can bashed relentelessly to high heaven.  The forum has no class
Does anyone else find it hilarious that DWTL thinks he can lecture us about "class"?
I do, it is quite hilarious.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 03:37:33 PM »

OK.  I can't tell what is more tacky, people bashing Helms on his death day (only people who deserve that are murdering scum like Abu Musab al-Zarqawi) or DWTL turning this into another partisan bickering session.

Jesse Helms is dead.  My thoughts are with the Helms family.  Now is not the time to bicker over his legacy.
I agree with the sentiments in your post but I don't think Helms deserves any respect only his family does. I think most of the forum's LGBT group definatley has the right to show him no respect.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 04:03:33 PM »

whistling Dixie while on the Capitol elevator with Carol Moseley Braun.

lol, imagine if he had done that while in an elevator with Cynthia McKinney.
Oh boy lol that would have been bad
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 01:53:54 PM »

Jesse Helms was a piece of shit racist hatemonger who did nothing but damage this country and inflame decades old hatred for political gain. He was an awful human being and the world is better off with him burning in hell. No apologies.
Ted Kennedy did nothing except spew socalist ideals in hopes stealing from those who had earned it.  he was also a murderer, a coward, a spoiled blue-blood, and set out on a mission of destructive policies that would set America back decades.  He was an awful being and the world is better off with him burning in hell.  No apoligies
lol just like the rest of europe, and canda is being set back decades right now am i rite?

War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 02:00:56 PM »

Jesse Helms was a piece of shit racist hatemonger who did nothing but damage this country and inflame decades old hatred for political gain. He was an awful human being and the world is better off with him burning in hell. No apologies.
Oh and I fully agree with this. Fuck Jesse Helms, I hate sharing my name with such awful pieces of trash.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 02:21:29 PM »

Get away with murder? No.

If he were a spoiled blue-blood, he would have spent his life living off his family's money and partying (you have experience with this, I am told). Instead, he dedicated his life to public service, passing laws not to help his rich buddies but to help ordinary working people, minorities, the old and sick, women and immigrants.
Well I guess we'll have to disagree as to whether he used his name to get away with murder, but beyond that..Kennedy dedicated his life to public service and promoting goals which he thought would benefit people.  The fact is, Jesse Helms did exactly the same thing.  Which one had more noble goals is a matter of opinion, not fact
Nope. Jesse Helms wanted to restrict voting for blacks, not have MLK day as a holiday, supported fascist pieces of shit like Pinochet and opposed research to cure AIDS. Sounds like someone who did not have noble goals.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 02:26:08 PM »

Okay then, so, for me, noble means helping the poor and downtrodden and minorities and to you, noble means restricting the rights of those same people. Good to know!
Or that I value personal responsibities and you value gov't handouts.  Either one.
You also value voting rights being taken away and people who have aids to be quarantined.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 03:11:59 PM »

Jesse Helms wanted to ... not have MLK day as a holiday.

Neither do I, but that's because we have far too many federal holidays as it is, especially that time of year.  If MLK could only have been born sometime in late July or early August when we could use another holiday, it wouldn't be nearly as objectionable.
The difference is that you oppose it for fairly practical reasons. He opposed it because he was a rascist asshole and his actions support this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies