Election Hangover and Nightmares
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:40:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Election Hangover and Nightmares
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: If your candidate loses- what kinds of nightmares will you have?
Seeing your hometown incinerated by a nuclear attack

Being hit on by a gay guy/ getting lynched

Riots/Too much Fun

Seeing your tax bill/ Seeing your insurance bill

Being naked in public

something else

I'm not a pussy!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Election Hangover and Nightmares  (Read 2907 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 07, 2008, 09:01:22 PM »

Well? People talk how scared they will be if Obama or McCain wins. I can only imagine that will manifest itself in bad ass nightmares.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 09:03:13 PM »

I plan on drinking heavily that night and will not know who wins until the day after.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 09:04:48 PM »

I plan on drinking heavily that night and will not know who wins until the day after.
Sweet.... That sounds like a great idea! Hopefully, I can find some pot, too. I got really ed up on the 4th. My brother really knows how to help me through these hard times.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 09:05:40 PM »

Nightmares? None. But very unhappy and will lose all interest and faith in America.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 09:06:48 PM »

I would definetly not go to school the next day, part being tired from watching the results into late in the night and part not wanting to hear kids gloat about how great Obama is (the reason for that being b/c 99% of high school Obama supporters have no idea what he stands for).  I would probably drink heavily and possibly pop a few painkillers I have stashed up from an injury for hard times.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 09:08:29 PM »

I would definetly not go to school the next day, part being tired from watching the results into late in the night and part not wanting to hear kids gloat about how great Obama is (the reason for that being b/c 99% of high school Obama supporters have no idea what he stands for).  I would probably drink heavily and possibly pop a few painkillers I have stashed up from an injury for hard times.

Booze and painkillers...lovely combination Tongue
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 09:11:53 PM »

Considering the distress I'd be under dreading the next four years, I'd probably result to this.  This is the reason I did not want Obama nominated the most, I could have lived with a President Biden, Richardson, Clinton, or Edwards, but President Obama is scary sh**t.  The man has no boundaries, he think he's superman and he thinks the American taxpayer is his bitch.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 09:13:58 PM »

So he's basically just like any republican candidate then? I don't see your problem with him then.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 09:15:27 PM »

So he's basically just like any republican candidate then? I don't see your problem with him then.
Not really.  But that enlies the problem that too many Republicans are getting like that (not McCain IMHO), I would like to see them get crushed and rebuild.  But I don't want this disaster to ever see the White House
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 09:16:10 PM »

Considering the distress I'd be under dreading the next four years, I'd probably result to this.  This is the reason I did not want Obama nominated the most, I could have lived with a President Biden, Richardson, Clinton, or Edwards, but President Obama is scary sh**t.  The man has no boundaries, he think he's superman and he thinks the American taxpayer is his bitch.

Dramaa queeen Tongue
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 09:17:12 PM »

BTW, I voted seeing tax bill
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 09:17:24 PM »

Undecided

Weird.

If Obama wins, nobody at the school (including the teachers) will do any teaching/learning the next day. I'll be excited to go to school. If McCain wins, everyone will be dejected except me. I'll be overjoyed at the size of the Democratic majority in Congress, and the forthcoming broadcasts of President's Questions on C-SPAN.

BTW, DWDL, you'll have to stay up until about 2 or 3, won't you? It's great being 3 hours behind.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 09:20:59 PM »

Well, Xahar, the biggest problem for me as that I am the "school political person" as somebody once called me Smiley

If Obama wins, I guarantee I will hear it non-stop.  And yea, last election I was up well past 2 and didn't want to go to school.  Funny story actually, my TV went on with the timer in the morning and they were reporting Tom Daschle had lost which made me so happy I got up and went Smiley, perhaps the funniest part was that my vice-principal was openly gloating how happy he was Bush won when I had him pegged as mega liberal
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 09:27:51 PM »

2004 was...tough, but I got through it.  And the second Bush term showed the rest of the world how right I (and the rest of the Democratic Party) were in the election.  There was the nuclear option, the Social Security mess, Terry Schiavo, Hurricane Katrina...wow, 2005 was a crazy news year.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 09:38:42 PM »

Well, Xahar, the biggest problem for me as that I am the "school political person" as somebody once called me Smiley

I'm just a nerd in general. I'm not outspoken about political issues (even though people assume I know a lot). I am of course left-of-center, just like everyone else, but I doubt anyone at school knows just how left-wing I am, not because I'm hiding it, but because I've found no reason to tell them.

If Obama wins, I guarantee I will hear it non-stop.  And yea, last election I was up well past 2 and didn't want to go to school.  Funny story actually, my TV went on with the timer in the morning and they were reporting Tom Daschle had lost which made me so happy I got up and went Smiley, perhaps the funniest part was that my vice-principal was openly gloating how happy he was Bush won when I had him pegged as mega liberal

Was he fired by the union? Wink
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 09:40:12 PM »

None. Although, I would be very upset if Chris loses. Other than that, I'm at the point where I'd be okay with Obama as President (depending on his VP pick)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 10:02:10 PM »

...and what was that "something else"? ...and are you sure DWTL won't confuse his tax bill with his phone number? Tongue I also thought he would choose "Being hit on by a man". Tongue
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 10:49:50 PM »

If Obama wins, I'll drink heavily and celebrate with other people. If McCain wins, I don't know what I'll do. I'm against drinking if you're depressed
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2008, 01:03:55 AM »

Last Option (Normal). If Obama wins I'm not going to be excited. I'm skeptical about his ability to deliver much because of his thin resume and spineless, fake 'bipartisanship' lately. If McCain wins I won't be surprised, just worried because of his foreign policy and general ignorance. To be honest I'm tempted to do a write-in this year. Why is it our candidates get weaker every election?
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2008, 01:06:01 AM »

I would definetly not go to school the next day, part being tired from watching the results into late in the night and part not wanting to hear kids gloat about how great Obama is (the reason for that being b/c 99% of high school Obama supporters have no idea what he stands for).  I would probably drink heavily and possibly pop a few painkillers I have stashed up from an injury for hard times.

you're probably being facetious, but, dude, you're a rich teenager just like me. Why the hell do you care so much? You're basically isolated from just about everything that would happen under an Obama Presidency. I mean, to us, it's nothing more than a sporting match. I was extremely disappointed after the Cubs lost the 2003 NLCS but, after a day or so, life went on.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2008, 06:22:46 AM »

Was he fired by the union? Wink

My Grade 8 history teacher said that he doubted that any Bush family member was literate and said that he would be physically sick in presence of any Bush family member (that included a random Bush family member who visited Riyadh and forced to stay in the sole Texan teacher's room. Apparently that guy was some literacy expert, so that sparked the discussion in history about the reading abilities of the Bush family).
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008, 08:57:19 AM »

He was the Vice Principal, he wasn't part of the union
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2008, 09:00:30 AM »

I would definetly not go to school the next day, part being tired from watching the results into late in the night and part not wanting to hear kids gloat about how great Obama is (the reason for that being b/c 99% of high school Obama supporters have no idea what he stands for).  I would probably drink heavily and possibly pop a few painkillers I have stashed up from an injury for hard times.

you're probably being facetious, but, dude, you're a rich teenager just like me. Why the hell do you care so much? You're basically isolated from just about everything that would happen under an Obama Presidency. I mean, to us, it's nothing more than a sporting match. I was extremely disappointed after the Cubs lost the 2003 NLCS but, after a day or so, life went on.
Well I certainly am not being facetious about not wanting to go to school the next day.  The thing that probably makes me the most mad about Obama is his teenage supporters (not yourself) who know nothing about him but think its cool.  I disagree, however, that it makes no difference, I'll be in my senior year of college once the presidency ends, and law school will just around the corner.  I need to make sure I have the money to pay for what I don't get in scholarships.  I don't want to have to take out expensive loans or my parents to have to shell out money they can't.  If things stay like they are now and my families taxes don't go up, I should easily be able to use old money and my parents to pay for college completely including law school.
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2008, 09:49:57 AM »

Wow...it took you ONLY A DAY?!?

I know it's off-topic but when the Sox lost in '03 because of Aaron Fuc-ing Boone, I think I was in a rut for a week which wasn't good becasue I was in Iraq at the time.

Anyhow - back to the topic. I'll just deal with it. People vote, people make decisions.  All I'll say is that whoever wins, those voters have to realize that they made their bed and now they have to lie in it.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2008, 12:18:02 PM »

I don't have political dreams.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies