Election Hangover and Nightmares
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:11:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Election Hangover and Nightmares
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: If your candidate loses- what kinds of nightmares will you have?
Seeing your hometown incinerated by a nuclear attack

Being hit on by a gay guy/ getting lynched

Riots/Too much Fun

Seeing your tax bill/ Seeing your insurance bill

Being naked in public

something else

I'm not a pussy!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Election Hangover and Nightmares  (Read 2903 times)
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2008, 02:03:13 PM »

I disagree, however, that it makes no difference, I'll be in my senior year of college once the presidency ends, and law school will just around the corner.  I need to make sure I have the money to pay for what I don't get in scholarships.  I don't want to have to take out expensive loans or my parents to have to shell out money they can't.  If things stay like they are now and my families taxes don't go up, I should easily be able to use old money and my parents to pay for college completely including law school.

Eh, I think you're overestimating how much of an effect the President has on your parents' financial status and their ability to pay for expensive schooling. The New Jersey state government probably has a greater role (depending upon where you live, your property taxes might continue to increase). I suppose energy prices could be a factor if you pay for your own gas, but the President really does not really have any direct control over that either.

The worst you'll probably have to deal with is the gloating from the opposition. But I'm sure you've dealt with that before (2000 World Series, whenever the Mets lose to the Yankees in interleague play).

Seriously, no one here should be all that upset over who wins unless you're someone who stands to directly gain/lose something from an Obama or McCain Presidency (i.e. if you're a soldier in Iraq that doesn't really want to be there or if you make over $250,000 a year [or whatever the cutoff is] and don't want to take the tax increase).

I know it's off-topic but when the Sox lost in '03 because of Aaron Fuc-ing Boone, I think I was in a rut for a week which wasn't good becasue I was in Iraq at the time.

Well, I was pretty pissed the night of game 6, but just more or less exasperated after the end of game 7. I think I might have actually cried in the shower that night, but the next day, I was like "whatever."

Out of curiosity, did you watch Aaron Boone's homer live in Iraq or just hear about it later?
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2008, 02:42:54 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2008, 02:44:58 PM by CPT MikeyMike »

I know it's off-topic but when the Sox lost in '03 because of Aaron Fuc-ing Boone, I think I was in a rut for a week which wasn't good becasue I was in Iraq at the time.

Well, I was pretty pissed the night of game 6, but just more or less exasperated after the end of game 7. I think I might have actually cried in the shower that night, but the next day, I was like "whatever."

Out of curiosity, did you watch Aaron Boone's homer live in Iraq or just hear about it later?

Heard about it later - I knew it was going to happen though. I was able to watch the game and went into the chow hall to watch it as the Yankees were batting in the 7th. I saw the 8th inning where the Red Sox blew the 5-2 lead. Once the tying run scored, I left because I knew what was going to happen next. I still hold bitter thoughts about that even though we all know what graced us in the playoff the next year!
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2008, 02:44:38 PM »

Last option.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2008, 02:47:06 PM »

Heard about it later - I knew it was going to happen though. I was able to watch the game and went into the chow hall to watch it as the Yankees were batting in the 7th. I saw the 8th inning where the Red Sox blew the 5-2 lead. Once the tying run scored, I left because I knew what was going to happen next. I still hold bitter thoughts about that even though we all know what graced us in the playoff the next year!

Speaking of painful baseball memories, I didn't even bother to watch Game 7 in 2002. I knew what was going to happen.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2008, 03:07:44 PM »

You didn't have any Yankees fans under you command, did you? Tongue
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2008, 03:26:59 PM »

I will probably be pretty pissed but I will deal with it becuase of Democratic gains and the possibility of an actually good nominee next time around. The other problem is my friends will uber-gloat because I said there was an almost 90% chance Obama will be president.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2008, 06:28:40 PM »

I will probably be pretty pissed but I will deal with it becuase of Democratic gains and the possibility of an actually good nominee next time around. The other problem is my friends will uber-gloat because I said there was an almost 90% chance Obama will be president.

Ehhh....just be really humble in the morning after. Just tell your friends, aquantinces and family that did "win" congulations about the election, tell them about the possibility that they may have "won for good" and hope that their candidate provides for their needs and if "you" win, just be say that you can't believe that "you" actually won and tell them that you will pray for your man not to be too harsh to them. 

I wonder who said that they would have nightmares about riots, fun and nudity.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2008, 07:25:08 PM »

Gee, SP/OP has been fearing and fretting about Obama all day. What do you think his nightmare will be?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies