ND: Rasmussen: McCain leads North Dakota by 1%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:16:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  ND: Rasmussen: McCain leads North Dakota by 1%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: ND: Rasmussen: McCain leads North Dakota by 1%  (Read 8397 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2008, 06:21:17 PM »

1. obama is from hawai'i...raised in indonesia (as he mentioned many times when he attempted to explain his foreign policy credentials).  he decided to locate to chicago, the second city, after law school to become a poverty pimp (pc translation: community organizer).  how does this fit in with nd?

Obama lives in Chicago and has served in state government and as a U.S. Senator from the state of Illinois.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2008, 06:23:36 PM »

Oh North Dakota you slaaaaay me.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2008, 06:30:38 PM »

Whilst I thought that Barack Obama's support in North Dakota was quite high during the 2008 Democratic Primaries, I never expected Barack Obama to narrow the gap between himself and John McCain in North Dakota to just 1% in the General Election polling. Although I am pleased with Obama's result here in North Dakota, we'll have to see what Obama's polling is like here in September/October to see if he is the real McCoy.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2008, 11:08:21 PM »

There just don't appear to be any factors--at all--which would suggest North Dakota as more favorable to Obama than South Dakota in terms of demographics or voting patterns unless a Canadian infiltration of North Dakota is the prelude to invasion.

That's not true. SD has the rapidly growing Sioux Falls area, that while more liberal than most of the state and ND, also has far more partisan Republicans who'll never change their vote. And it also has Rapid City, which is even moreso partisan. ND doesn't have any equivalent the size of Rapid City, nor does it have anywhere comparable to suburban Sioux Falls (suburban Fargo isn't as big.)

I also strongly dispute that SD is slightly more favorable for that reason. All the 2004 results show is that the floor for the Democrats in SD is higher than it is in ND. And even then Kerry no doubt over-performed due to SD's anti-incumbent streak. Probably not much of a difference (compare Bush's numbers in both state in 2000.)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2008, 11:52:14 PM »

Isn't North Dakota the only state in the union without voter registration?

Maybe North Dakota lacks some of the extreme style of partisan style of is so characteristic of most of the rest of the country.... not sure that this explains the purported dichotomy between ND and SD however.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2008, 12:05:43 AM »

Isn't North Dakota the only state in the union without voter registration?

Quite right, unless something has changed.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2008, 12:07:15 AM »

Currently I could vote in any ND elections. I probably won't be able to in November since I will have gotten my driver's license changed over by then.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2008, 06:14:59 AM »

There just don't appear to be any factors--at all--which would suggest North Dakota as more favorable to Obama than South Dakota in terms of demographics or voting patterns unless a Canadian infiltration of North Dakota is the prelude to invasion.

That's not true. SD has the rapidly growing Sioux Falls area, that while more liberal than most of the state and ND, also has far more partisan Republicans who'll never change their vote. And it also has Rapid City, which is even moreso partisan. ND doesn't have any equivalent the size of Rapid City, nor does it have anywhere comparable to suburban Sioux Falls (suburban Fargo isn't as big.)

I also strongly dispute that SD is slightly more favorable for that reason. All the 2004 results show is that the floor for the Democrats in SD is higher than it is in ND. And even then Kerry no doubt over-performed due to SD's anti-incumbent streak. Probably not much of a difference (compare Bush's numbers in both state in 2000.)
Yeah, that was approximately what I wanted to add to what Alcon said.
Glad I read the whole thread first.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2008, 06:35:27 AM »

1. obama is from hawai'i...raised in indonesia (as he mentioned many times when he attempted to explain his foreign policy credentials).  he decided to locate to chicago, the second city, after law school to become a poverty pimp (pc translation: community organizer).  how does this fit in with nd?

Obama lives in Chicago and has served in state government and as a U.S. Senator from the state of Illinois.

Just in the interests of balance, could be a good idea to mention to Mitty Hillary's long standing links with NY before being elected to the Senate Wink
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2008, 06:41:02 AM »

Just in the interests of balance, could be a good idea to mention to Mitty Hillary's long standing links with NY before being elected to the Senate Wink
Not to mention McCain's long standing links with AZ before being elected to the Senate.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies