Atlas Forum Libertarian Party HQ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:23:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlas Forum Libertarian Party HQ
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Atlas Forum Libertarian Party HQ  (Read 3417 times)
badnarikin04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 02, 2004, 06:23:08 PM »

Making a new thread with a more official title.

I ask that everyone please post their questions or suggestions towards the AFLP here instead of the "Opening a Libertarian Party" thread.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 06:28:22 PM »

Your party is really taking off.  You almost rival the AFIP in terms of membership now.

Suggestions: Get a website, similar to the other party websites.  Once you get your party's website listed in Forum Headquarters, that gives you a lot of credibility.  Work on a platform and get it up on your site.  You should make endorsements for every forum election.

Good luck!!!
Niles Caulder

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 06:43:31 PM »

I concur with Fritz...you're diligence and patience has produced results--and the future looks bright!  Well done.
badnarikin04

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 07:02:16 PM »

Your party is really taking off.  You almost rival the AFIP in terms of membership now.

Suggestions: Get a website, similar to the other party websites.  Once you get your party's website listed in Forum Headquarters, that gives you a lot of credibility.  Work on a platform and get it up on your site.  You should make endorsements for every forum election.

Good luck!!!

Thanks to both of you. As far as i know, we are yet to have a techie in our party. I'll take that into account when I recruit Libertarians on the forum who have not yet registered. But if that fails, I'm currently taking a Web Design course and hopefully that can be one of my projects.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 07:05:20 PM »

Good luck!!!

Thanks to both of you. As far as i know, we are yet to have a techie in our party. I'll take that into account when I recruit Libertarians on the forum who have not yet registered. But if that fails, I'm currently taking a Web Design course and hopefully that can be one of my projects.

It is actually not neccessary to design a website to the point where you need a techie in the party.  A forum is good enough.  Simply post your platform, and discuss your party's actions.
Get a message board free at http://www.ezboard.com/
badnarikin04

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 07:14:08 PM »

Good luck!!!

It is actually not neccessary to design a website to the point where you need a techie in the party.  A forum is good enough.  Simply post your platform, and discuss your party's actions.

Thank you for that link, Defarge. I'm building the board right now, but why is it asking me to pay at the bottom? There's only an option for a trial membership.
John

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2004, 07:19:29 PM »

Good Luck
no hard Feeings
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2004, 07:29:16 PM »

Good luck!!!

Thank you for that link, Defarge. I'm building the board right now, but why is it asking me to pay at the bottom? There's only an option for a trial membership.

They make you pay now?!  Greedy idiots.
Here's another one
http://www.voy.com/
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2004, 07:30:08 PM »

Good luck!!!

I think the trial is a free unlimited one...

This is good...
https://secure.boardnation.com/signup.php#now

Banner Ad is what you have to get...its free
badnarikin04

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2004, 07:37:29 PM »

THE AFLP FORUM IS NOW OPEN....

http://p206.ezboard.com/batlasforumlibertarianparty

I ask all registered Libertarians to register at this board.

It's very basic, but it's late, so I just posted a welcome announcement and a thread for the platform.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2004, 07:40:47 PM »

Wow, the AFLP is looking more and more like a major party every day.

I would also suggest that maybe you start running a candidate or two in the coming elections; there seems to be a sizeable Libertarian minority among Atlasia and if you can show voters how your party is a strong, viable alternative, who knows what could happen?

At any rate, good luck to you.
John

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2004, 07:42:02 PM »

I will get ever Gop Person to come up with a Plan to stop The Libertarian from make PB The Next President of The Atlas Forum
God Have Merce on you
& i don't have to pay for nothing
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2004, 07:44:58 PM »

I will get ever Gop Person to come up with a Plan to stop The Libertarian from make PB The Next President of The Atlas Forum
God Have Merce on you
& i don't have to pay for nothing

I rarely know what you're talking about.

If you want to bash the AFLP, why not do it in your own topic?  This topic is intended to be the AFLP HQ.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2004, 08:05:00 PM »

Libertarians: 6 members, no positions
AFIP: 9?  10? members, 3 positions

Smiley
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2004, 08:09:27 PM »

Libertarians: 6 members, no positions
AFIP: 9?  10? members, 3 positions

Smiley

AFIP: 7 members, 3 positions...
AFLP: 6 members, 0 positions...

LP is still in organization mode too...
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2004, 09:35:05 PM »

I'd like to learn more about the structure and districting here first before I'd run for an office.  Also, I'd I like to know what offices there typically are on here, for example are the Representatives or just Senators.  If somebody could point me to a FAQ, it would be greatly appreciated.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2004, 09:38:11 PM »

How many members do United Left and the Democrats have?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2004, 10:32:11 PM »

I'd like to learn more about the structure and districting here first before I'd run for an office.  Also, I'd I like to know what offices there typically are on here, for example are the Representatives or just Senators.  If somebody could point me to a FAQ, it would be greatly appreciated.

This should answer questions that you have.

We don't yet have enough members to be able to have a House of Representatives or regional Senates or things like that.  Currently the offices available are as follows:

Elected:

President
Vice President
Two Senators per District
One Governor per Region

Appointed:

Secretary of State
Secretary of Forum Affairs
Attorney General
Secretary of Defense
Secretary of the Treasury
Niles Caulder

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2004, 10:32:59 PM »

Everything you need to know about fantasy politics (more or less).
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2004, 11:37:54 PM »

Who's the senator for the Mid-west region, I think perhaps maybe this is where I should run eventually.  However, I need to know the issues that matter to the constituents and who I'll be up against.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2004, 11:40:56 PM »

Who's the senator for the Mid-west region, I think perhaps maybe this is where I should run eventually.  However, I need to know the issues that matter to the constituents and who I'll be up against.

well there are Districts...I think from where you are...you have Senator Hughento of Iowa and Senator(-Elect) Texasgurl of Wisconsin...Hughento is up for re-election in October, Texasgurl in December
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2004, 11:43:13 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2004, 11:43:43 PM by Gabu »

You're in District 3 with your residence in MN, so you'd be running against either Hughento in the October "A" seat elections or Texasgurl in the December "B" seat elections.  You can pick either (or both, as some may do).

A full list of Atlasia office holders can be found here.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2004, 11:53:39 PM »

Oh, from what I read in the Constitution - there were Senators for each district and Senators for each region...not an A and B for the district.

Perhaps an amendment I missed?
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2004, 11:55:27 PM »

Dabeav, go to the Atlas Forum Headquarters.  Its one of the stickied threads at the top of this forum.  Also Niles gave you a link to it two posts back.  All of the questions you are asking are answered there.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2004, 11:55:48 PM »

Oh, from what I read in the Constitution - there were Senators for each district and Senators for each region...not an A and B for the district.

Perhaps an amendment I missed?

From the Constitution thread:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies