Post A Picture of Yourself Thread VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:58:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Post A Picture of Yourself Thread VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 30
Author Topic: Post A Picture of Yourself Thread VIII  (Read 94312 times)
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: October 09, 2008, 12:51:05 AM »

Have you ever made a post without "lol" in it?

I have often asked that question myself. And I know numerous others on the forum have as well.
There are two on the previous page, lol.

How stupid was I Lewis, lol. Though I'm sure you'd actually agree with that statement on occasions. Hehe.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #401 on: October 12, 2008, 02:17:59 AM »

Yo, libs.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #402 on: October 12, 2008, 02:51:24 AM »

lol, nice hat.

is that in your truck?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #403 on: October 12, 2008, 02:55:51 AM »

Yep.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #404 on: October 12, 2008, 10:08:11 AM »

Nice pen.
Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: 5.57

« Reply #405 on: October 17, 2008, 11:59:35 AM »

My mom just sent me Halloween candy!! Including, wax lips!!

They taste horrible, though. XP

Rin-chan
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #406 on: October 17, 2008, 09:23:33 PM »

I love wax lips and all that 50s-style candy.

I was a sucker (no pun intended) for candy cigarettes when I was a kid. (Now they call them "candy sticks" for some dumb reason)
Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix

« Reply #407 on: October 17, 2008, 10:06:56 PM »

I love wax lips and all that 50s-style candy.

I was a sucker (no pun intended) for candy cigarettes when I was a kid. (Now they call them "candy sticks" for some dumb reason)

I love candy cigarettes!!!! Smiley

Rin-chan
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #408 on: October 20, 2008, 10:03:31 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2008, 11:20:00 PM by Torie »

Grandson and grandpa. Grandpa died shortly after this photo was taken sometime in the spring or summer of 1955, on Christmas Day 1955. I think  my visage reveals my character quite well - cautious, skeptical, inquisitive, and a bit melancholy and pessimistic. What do you think?  I was shipped off to Iowa to live with my grandparents for a few months, because my mother was having "problems." Gramps took me everywhere, to his medical office, to lectures, to the Outing Club. I was quite well behaved, but then would depose Gramps after about the meaning of it all. His wife was worried that he was spoiling me rotten, and she was right, and well also wrong.

Grandpa hoped I would be a football player like he had been (he paid his way as a football coach as coincidence would have it, at my subsequent alma mater, under Alonzo (?) Stagg, to pay his way through medical school), but alas that was not in the cards. I suspect his thinness here, was a portent of his final exit.

Speaking of Grandma, during that stay, one morning I told her that going to nursery school was discommoding me, and I preferred to spend my valuable time in other pursuits. She said, well Grandpa has his job healing the sick, and I have my job running this household and feeding the men in the house, ie Grandpa and yourself, and your job is to go to nursery school! It was like a light bulb went on, and I picked up my things, and decamped to the other venue without a further word. Grandma loved to tell me that tale years afterword, but she need not have. I remember it like it was yesterday. Our brains work in mysterious ways, but at age 4, thanks to her, I learned a  valuable lesson. We each have our jobs, and our job, is job one.

Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix

« Reply #409 on: October 20, 2008, 10:16:33 PM »

^^^^^  Aww.... You were a cute little boy!! Smiley  You actually look a little like my little brother did at that age Smiley

Rin-chan
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #410 on: October 20, 2008, 10:20:59 PM »

Grandson and grandpa. Grandpa died shortly after this photo was taken sometime in the spring or summer of 1955, on Christmas Day 1955. I think  my visage reveals my character quite well - cautious, skeptical, inquisitive, and a bit melancholy and pessimistic. What do you think?  I was shipped off to Iowa to live with my grandparents for a few months, because my mother was having "problems." Gramps took me everywhere, to his medical office, to lectures, to the Outing Club. I was quite well behaved, but then would depose Gramps after about the meaning of it all. His wife was worried that he was spoiling me rotten, and she was right, and well also wrong.

Grandpa hoped I would be a football player like he had been (he paid his way as a football coach under coincidence would have it, my subsequent alma mater, under Alonzo (?) Stagg, to pay his way through medical school), but alas that was not in the cards. I suspect his thinness here, was a portent of his final exit.

Speaking of Grandma, during that stay, one morning I told her that going to nursery school was discommoding me, and I preferred to spend my valuable time in other pursuits. She said, well Grandpa has his job healing the sick, and I have my job running this household and feeding the men in the house, ie Grandpa and yourself, and your job is to go to nursery school! It was like a light bulb went on, and I picked up my things, and decamped to the other venue without a further word. Grandma love to tell me that tale years afterword, but she need not have. I remember it like it was yesterday. Our brains work in mysterious ways, but at age 4, thanks to her, I learned a  valuable lesson. We each have our jobs, and our job, is job one.

That is truly a beautiful picture.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #411 on: October 21, 2008, 12:31:08 AM »

Grandpa hoped I would be a football player like he had been (he paid his way as a football coach under coincidence would have it, my subsequent alma mater, under Alonzo (?) Stagg, to pay his way through medical school), but alas that was not in the cards. I suspect his thinness here, was a portent of his final exit.

Speaking of Grandma, during that stay, one morning I told her that going to nursery school was discommoding me, and I preferred to spend my valuable time in other pursuits. She said, well Grandpa has his job healing the sick, and I have my job running this household and feeding the men in the house, ie Grandpa and yourself, and your job is to go to nursery school! It was like a light bulb went on, and I picked up my things, and decamped to the other venue without a further word. Grandma love to tell me that tale years afterword, but she need not have. I remember it like it was yesterday. Our brains work in mysterious ways, but at age 4, thanks to her, I learned a  valuable lesson. We each have our jobs, and our job, is job one.

That Photo is iconic!
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #412 on: October 21, 2008, 01:33:32 AM »

That Photo is iconic!

Seriously... if this photo is legitimate I regret to inform you your family has missed out on being part of Americana and pop culture since it was taken.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #413 on: October 21, 2008, 02:05:38 AM »

yeah, to think the greatest picture we had on here before was "Naso with Dog III"
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #414 on: October 21, 2008, 10:44:28 AM »

yeah, to think the greatest picture we had on here before was "Naso with Dog III"

Not "Shirtless Bisexual Teenager IV"?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #415 on: October 22, 2008, 03:02:41 AM »

What an amazing photo Torie. Thanks for sharing.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #416 on: October 23, 2008, 03:02:24 PM »

I'm the guy in the middle.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #417 on: October 24, 2008, 08:58:04 AM »

When you get drunk, do you start reciting National Review columns verbatim?
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #418 on: October 24, 2008, 11:48:25 AM »

Not "Shirtless Bisexual Teenager IV"?
if you're putting that in the running, then one would have to note "States with McCain cap"
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #419 on: October 24, 2008, 11:57:15 AM »

When you get drunk, do you start reciting National Review columns verbatim?

Haw haw. I probably deserved that. I don't drink though. Tongue

Even if I did, Lew Rockwell's stuff would be much better suited for drunken ramblings. Cheesy
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #420 on: October 24, 2008, 12:34:26 PM »

You look exactly like my philosophy professor, Bono.
crazy jimmie
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #421 on: October 24, 2008, 01:00:19 PM »

yo.. Msufan... post a new nice pic of yourself.. plz...

thanks
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #422 on: October 24, 2008, 01:55:40 PM »

yo.. Msufan... post a new nice pic of yourself.. plz...

thanks

No...lets not.

but seriously...he hasn't been around in forever. What happened?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #423 on: October 24, 2008, 02:38:35 PM »

Very nice picture, Torie. Thanks for posting!
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #424 on: October 25, 2008, 06:16:44 AM »

A few oldies here...

Christmas Day! December 25, 1991

My Easter Eggs, April 17, 1992

Easter Egg Hunt at Grandmas (Why am I wearing a necklace?) - April 19, 1992

Watching "MASH" and opening gifts - Christmas Eve 1992

My sister and I - New Years Day 1993

Who remembers "Creepy Crawlers"? October 1994

How about "Dr. Dreadful"? Christmas Day, December 25, 1996

Christmas Eve 1997

Singing "We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel with pals infront of class, June 6, 2001
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies