Most liberal Southern CD? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:42:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Most liberal Southern CD? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most liberal Southern CD?  (Read 3881 times)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 13, 2008, 05:30:40 PM »
« edited: July 13, 2008, 05:33:15 PM by nclib »

That or the south Florida ones (FL-19, FL-20).

As far as districts surrounded by other Southern districts, mine (NC-4) would be in the running.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 05:39:44 PM »

The most Democratic is FL-17, at D+35, FL-19 is D+21, and FL-20 is D+18.

I know FL-17 is a majority-minority district, but I don't know whether the blacks (or whites) in that district are socially liberal.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 07:45:29 PM »

Isn't most of the black population in Kansas City and St. Louis? Even if the bottom half of Mo. is culturally southern, the KC and StL areas are not.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 06:32:53 PM »

The red states are truly Southern states.  The blue states are somewhat Southern states, but have aspects that make them not so.  The gray states are absolutely not Southern.

I agree with you on the ones marked red, but I would've also marked NC and TN red as well.  I can see TX, FL, and VA having aspects that lessen the "old south" influences, but why TN and NC?

In N.C., the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area (and to a lesser degree) Greensboro and Charlotte have some non-Southern aspects to them.

The least "Old South" part of Tennessee is Nashville, which even then has less of a non-Southern influence than parts of NC and VA.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies