Most liberal Southern CD? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:26:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Most liberal Southern CD? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most liberal Southern CD?  (Read 3844 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« on: July 13, 2008, 07:26:13 PM »

Perhaps I should rephrase that question. Why?

It was nominally a part of the confederacy, like Kentucky and presumably like West Virginia. It doesn't really matter, though, because no one's going to nominate any Missouri district... 
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 11:14:07 AM »
« Edited: July 15, 2008, 11:17:06 AM by brittain33 »

Although Massachusetts is odd. I probably should have double-checked that one. Too lazy now. Tab's already closed.

It makes sense to me. Universities, liberal politics, tech and medical jobs have lured a lot of southerners here. I don't know how much of this is the circles I'm in vs. the city as a whole, but there seem to be a lot of southern gays, graduate students, scientists, doctors, academics, and just plain liberals in the area. I think this city has not been as comfortable a place for African-Americans to settle after school as it is for many white people, for a variety of reasons.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 04:16:44 PM »

Although Massachusetts is odd. I probably should have double-checked that one. Too lazy now. Tab's already closed.

It makes sense to me. Universities, liberal politics, tech and medical jobs have lured a lot of southerners here. I don't know how much of this is the circles I'm in vs. the city as a whole, but there seem to be a lot of southern gays, graduate students, scientists, doctors, academics, and just plain liberals in the area. I think this city has not been as comfortable a place for African-Americans to settle after school as it is for many white people, for a variety of reasons.

Except that the total southerner population is given as pretty low.
No, I wager I made a mistake in calculating.

Yes, I think I made the wrong response above. I can believe there actually aren't that many southerners here, and that this number reflects the fact it's an undesirable city for one group and very desirable for another.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies