Aizen's unbiased analysis of Mitt Romney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:28:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Aizen's unbiased analysis of Mitt Romney
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Aizen's unbiased analysis of Mitt Romney  (Read 11534 times)
Know Your Rights!
ABAsite
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 08:29:02 PM »

I appreciate intellectual jabs at Governor Romney, but I am more bemused than amused by this trite attempt at humor by Aizen.

Any truly unbiased analysis of Mitt Romney would include his decisive leadership, his bold policy proposals, and his pristine moral character. Anything less is Democratic hackery.

All of you who find this amusing should be ashamed.

You must certainly love fiction. You seem to have a enormous knack for it. Tongue

Yes, I am mocking your liberal use of the italicized button.

Which was being used to mock one of us two Mitt Romney supporters.  And it isn't me.

I couldn't help myself. Cheesy

Are you still planning on writing Romney in? What will you do if the ticket is McCain/Romney?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2008, 08:40:14 PM »

The childish Romney bashing on this forum is really engaged in by only the most uninformed and closed minded of those who post on this forum.  All Romney bashers on this forum fit into one or more of the following categories:

Closet homosexuals frustrated by their insecurity over their sexuality and who are attempting to sound macho by lashing out at Romney.

Politically uneducated posters who have nothing meaningful to contribute to a discussion and therefore resort to parroting others in seeing who can say the loudest duh, I hate Romney the most.

Posters who have no life and who spend considerable waking hours coming up with untruths and drivel to post about Romney.

Insecure individuals who have the misguided notion than in order to impress others they have to attack a high profile public personality like Romney.

Mean spirited individuals who get their thrills by mean mouthing others, in this case by mean mouthing Romney.

Those who secretly admire Romney for his considerable accomplishments but do not have the courage to admit it, and who are frustrated because they know they will never in their lifetime achieve a fraction of what he has achieved, therefore they are attempting to cover up their admiration of Romney by indiscriminately lashing out at him.

Those who do not have a spine, who do not have a mind of their own, who are easily influenced, who mindlessly go along with the unenlightened crowd, repeating the vitriolic excesses that others say about Romney.

Those who have unresolved issues in their lives that they have not adequately dealt with and would rather take out their frustrations on Romney rather than dealing with their own problems.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2008, 08:46:21 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2008, 08:48:37 PM by Alcon »

About 40% of psychological disorders apparently trace their roots to Mitt Romney-related causes.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2008, 08:46:52 PM »

The childish Romney bashing on this forum is really engaged in by only the most uninformed and closed minded of those who post on this forum.  All Romney bashers on this forum fit into one or more of the following categories:

Closet homosexuals frustrated by their insecurity over their sexuality and who are attempting to sound macho by lashing out at Romney.

Politically uneducated posters who have nothing meaningful to contribute to a discussion and therefore resort to parroting others in seeing who can say the loudest duh, I hate Romney the most.

Posters who have no life and who spend considerable waking hours coming up with untruths and drivel to post about Romney.

Insecure individuals who have the misguided notion than in order to impress others they have to attack a high profile public personality like Romney.

Mean spirited individuals who get their thrills by mean mouthing others, in this case by mean mouthing Romney.

Those who secretly admire Romney for his considerable accomplishments but do not have the courage to admit it, and who are frustrated because they know they will never in their lifetime achieve a fraction of what he has achieved, therefore they are attempting to cover up their admiration of Romney by indiscriminately lashing out at him.

Those who do not have a spine, who do not have a mind of their own, who are easily influenced, who mindlessly go along with the unenlightened crowd, repeating the vitriolic excesses that others say about Romney.

Those who have unresolved issues in their lives that they have not adequately dealt with and would rather take out their frustrations on Romney rather than dealing with their own problems.

I had no idea Romney was such a stress-ball for so many people!
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2008, 08:48:01 PM »

All of those I know that have any kind of problems take it out on Romney!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2008, 08:52:08 PM »

Ooh, sorry.  You missed that trend by about 5 months.  Unfounded hatred for Mitt Romney is out now.  Sad, I know.  It was so much fun making up lies about him and using him as a scapegoat for for the insecurities we all had in our candidates.  You're going to have to find another outlet for your hate-filled lifestyles and empty vitriol.  It all turns out for the better anyway, this nonsensical bashing of Romney has long since discredited even the most experienced of posters to the point of ridicule.  It just reflects so poorly on the culprits it's almost pitiful.  Poor misguided political amateurs...
Basically, you better love Mitt Romney or fail at life, Mr. Aizen.

More like...
The group think inspired hatred towards [Mitt Romney] is pretty pathetic.

That sounds about right!  How very wise of you.  Too bad those feelings only occur in relation to Democrats.  Now...what's that word I'm thinking of?  Oh, darn.  It starts with an 'h'.  Hick?  No.  Hmm...Huck?  Oh, it's on the tip of my tongue!

I think there are more profound reasons to disapprove of Fmr Gov. Romney than there are to hate some powerless kid from Minnesota that posts here. If that makes me a hack in your mind, that's fine with me. To say I could care less would be an understatement.

By the way, this thread was obviously done as something of a joke ( as was my orginal response post). People like Aizen and I like to have fun on here sometimes. Maybe you should stop taking everything so seriously and try it some time.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2008, 08:53:05 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The same could be said about people who hate Bush. Hating the man has become very popular among people, even before he was reelected. The same can be said about any politician.

I don't hate Romney, I just have people I like better. The fact that he was such a panderer during the primaries ticked me off, because I liked the Mitt Romney that was the governor of Massachusetts. During the primaries, he tried to cozy up to the conservative wing of the party and gained a reputation of being politically expedient and a flip flopper. Yes, he looks the most presidential of them all, but I could argue that Kerry looked more presidential and Bush a lot of times. That doesn't mean I would vote for Kerry based on that.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2008, 10:58:33 PM »

The childish Romney bashing on this forum is really engaged in by only the most uninformed and closed minded of those who post on this forum.  All Romney bashers on this forum fit into one or more of the following categories:

Does Mitt make you ingest after? Or is he so kind and generous to allow you to spit?
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2008, 11:02:32 PM »

Romney really grew on me during this campaign, at least.  I’ve a feeling  we’ve not seen the last of him. I'd love for McCain to pick him, though I suspect many Democrats would as well.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2008, 08:49:24 AM »

I agree with Nelson that y'all are way too hard on Mitt.  He's just more obviously slick than a lot of politicians some of y'all admire, like Clinton, and wears said slickness on his sleeve to amateur political observers like us.
Even more obviously slick than Clinton?

That'd be pretty hard to do, wouldn't it?

No, Romney is trying to be slick and (for most of us) failing.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2008, 02:19:50 PM »

You forgot one. Those who do not spend their entire lives wanking it at the mere mention of Mitt Romney's name.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2008, 09:27:39 PM »

You obviously fall into the closet homosexual category and I definitely detect a touch of insecurity there.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2008, 09:29:40 PM »

I like this thread, as well as not like Romney. Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2008, 11:47:21 PM »

Winfield, I can't stand Mitt Romney. I really, really, really can't stand him. You see, unlike Mitt Romney, I actually am what I say I am. After all these years roaming the planet, it's shocking that Mitt hasn't grown a backbone. Now go ahead and call him, of all people, a RINO or gay or some other assinine comment simply because I don't like your guy.

I know it's tough defending someone who is constantly beat up (here and elsewhere) but your criticism of the Romney haters has gotten really weird.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2008, 12:23:19 AM »

You obviously fall into the not so closet homosexual category, while I fall into the insecure homosexual one. I think I just need a man to help me blossom into my own. Perhaps that man could be Mitt Romney.

Mitt Romney doesn't want want your affections BECAUSE HE HAS ANN.

Also, Mitt Romney buys AMERICAN STUFF. He owns a FORD, a BASEBALL TEAM, and a COMPUTER HE BUILT HIMSELF FROM AMERICAN PARTS. He travels mostly by FORKLIFT.

Mitt Romney says that Americans cling to GUNS and RELIGION because they are AWESOME.

As you can see, I'm not taking this thread VERY SERIOUSLY.  But it is a fun place TO GOAD WINFIELD.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2008, 08:05:00 PM »

Clearly, I have been making use of hyperbole to some extent in this thread.

GM3PRP, my apologies for referring to you as a closet homosexual.

To anyone who has made use of the term hate or hatred of Mitt Romney, however, I must point out that hate and hatred are very ugly words.

Hatred led the Nazis to massacre 6,000,000 Jews in Europe during World War II.

Hatred led white supremacists in the United States to murder, rape, and lynch innocent black people.

Hatred and intolerance led to two world wars, resulting in the deaths of tens of millions.

Ths list goes on and on.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2008, 08:12:06 PM »

Winfield, I can't stand Mitt Romney. I really, really, really can't stand him. You see, unlike Mitt Romney, I actually am what I say I am. After all these years roaming the planet, it's shocking that Mitt hasn't grown a backbone. Now go ahead and call him, of all people, a RINO or gay or some other assinine comment simply because I don't like your guy.

I know it's tough defending someone who is constantly beat up (here and elsewhere) but your criticism of the Romney haters has gotten really weird.

Phil, I do not consider you to be any of those things to which you refer.

In many ways, you have my respect.

You have every right to dislike someone if you so choose.  

At least you do not make use of the very ugly word hate.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2008, 08:14:37 PM »

To anyone who has made use of the term hate or hatred of Mitt Romney, however, I must point out that hate and hatred are very ugly words.

Piss off

Man are you a loser.

Well, look what we have here, a holocaust denier.

LMAO

No, I'm simply a sane who realizes that comparing criticism of Mitt Romney on a political forum to the Holocaust is evil.

Now, I'm off to enjoy another cup of coffee.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2008, 08:27:23 PM »

Piss off

Man are you a loser.

LMAO

No, I'm simply a sane who realizes that comparing criticism of Mitt Romney on a political forum to the Holocaust is evil.

Now, I'm off to enjoy another cup of coffee.

You must have major problems with undestanding the english language.

What I was doing, obviously, was explaining hatred, so that anyone, including you, could see the effects of it.  My explanation was not meant to draw any comparisons between criticism, as you put it, of Romney, and any other event.

You are really stretching your imagination if you think otherwise.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2008, 03:22:39 AM »

Piss off

Man are you a loser.

When they came for the dog on Mitt Romney's car,
I remained silent;
I was not the dog on Mitt Romney's car.

When they came for the illegal immigrants working on Mitt Romney's lawn,
I remained silent;
I was not an illegal immigrant working on Mitt Romney's lawn.

When they came for Mitt Romney,
there was no one left to call them closet homosexuals.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2008, 07:14:40 AM »

Clearly, I have been making use of hyperbole to some extent in this thread.

GM3PRP, my apologies for referring to you as a closet homosexual.

No sweat, I hardly ever take offense to anything........I've made enough fun of your postings believe me.  But man some of them are just so over the top it's unreal.

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2008, 07:53:31 AM »

This thread is wonderful. Clearly we have a cultist here.

Actually... no one really gives a shit about Willard. Not really. Or at least no more than they do about other random Morons on telly.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2008, 10:55:52 AM »

No.

What I was doing, obviously, was explaining hatred, so that anyone, including you, could see the effects of it.

No, what you were doing is comparing 'hatred' of a politician - which is quite common among the politically aware or impassioned, among both liberals and conservatives - to the Holocaust, world war, and lynching.  I do not believe there is any evidence to suggest that someone who accuses Mitt Romney of flip-flopping is also advocating sending him to a death camp.  So your argument (a violation of Godwin's law, by the way) is quite overblown and offensive.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2008, 11:34:55 AM »

No.

What I was doing, obviously, was explaining hatred, so that anyone, including you, could see the effects of it.

No, what you were doing is comparing 'hatred' of a politician - which is quite common among the politically aware or impassioned, among both liberals and conservatives - to the Holocaust, world war, and lynching.  I do not believe there is any evidence to suggest that someone who accuses Mitt Romney of flip-flopping is also advocating sending him to a death camp.  So your argument (a violation of Godwin's law, by the way) is quite overblown and offensive.

Well then, clearly, you fail to understand what I was saying, or at the very least refuse to accept the real meaning of what I was saying as I have explained it.

At no time did I ever say that hatred of Romney was like the holocaust or like racial crimes.

I was simply describing in graphic terms what hatred can result in and stating that hate and hatred are ugly words.

But hey, if you choose to disregard my explanation of what my actual and true meaning was, as I have explained it, that's up to you.  You can accept it or ignore it.  It's a free country. 
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2008, 01:46:44 PM »

Piss off

Man are you a loser.

When they came for the dog on Mitt Romney's car,
I remained silent;
I was not the dog on Mitt Romney's car.

When they came for the illegal immigrants working on Mitt Romney's lawn,
I remained silent;
I was not an illegal immigrant working on Mitt Romney's lawn.

When they came for Mitt Romney,
there was no one left to call them closet homosexuals.

Flawless Victory.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies