what if there was no pearl harbour (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:42:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  what if there was no pearl harbour (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: what if there was no pearl harbour  (Read 22121 times)
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« on: February 18, 2004, 12:09:27 PM »

FDR was getting us into war come hell or highwater.

He ordered U.S. warships to conduct missions against German U-boats.

We fired first when the U.S. destroyers Greer and Kearney were attacked.

He used made-up British intelligence about Hitler's plans, which didn't exist, for the conquest of South America and the Nazification of Christianity.

He sent picket ships out into the path of the Japanese fleet in the hope they would be sunk.

He gave Lord Halifax secret, but unconstitutional, assurances America would defend His Majesty's colonies in the Pacific.

He spurned a secret peace offer from Japan's Prince Konoye and issued a secret ultimatum to Tojo's regime on Nov. 26, 1941.

As Secretary of War Henry Stimson wrote in his diary two weeks before Pearl Harbor, "We should maneuver them into ... firing the first shot."
It sounds that you think that America's participation in WWII was somehow wrong. Or did I misunderstand?

And it's sure that Christianity was under nazi menace during Third Reich. Nazism is (like communism) deeply anti-christian ideology.
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 02:09:56 AM »

FDR was getting us into war come hell or highwater.

He ordered U.S. warships to conduct missions against German U-boats.

We fired first when the U.S. destroyers Greer and Kearney were attacked.

He used made-up British intelligence about Hitler's plans, which didn't exist, for the conquest of South America and the Nazification of Christianity.

He sent picket ships out into the path of the Japanese fleet in the hope they would be sunk.

He gave Lord Halifax secret, but unconstitutional, assurances America would defend His Majesty's colonies in the Pacific.

He spurned a secret peace offer from Japan's Prince Konoye and issued a secret ultimatum to Tojo's regime on Nov. 26, 1941.

As Secretary of War Henry Stimson wrote in his diary two weeks before Pearl Harbor, "We should maneuver them into ... firing the first shot."
It sounds that you think that America's participation in WWII was somehow wrong. Or did I misunderstand?

And it's sure that Christianity was under nazi menace during Third Reich. Nazism is (like communism) deeply anti-christian ideology.

No, just that FDR would have gotten us into WW2 regardless of what happened in Hawaii.

I said that FDR and British intelligence said that Hitler sought to infiltrate and absorb Christianity with Nazism, which is sort of the opposite of what you thought I said.
Sorry. My misunderstanding.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies