NJ: No more Corzine the reformer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:12:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ: No more Corzine the reformer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NJ: No more Corzine the reformer  (Read 4670 times)
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 11:56:58 PM »

The idea of lobbyists itself is corrupt. I'm not sure how it could be argued otherwise being that the idea of lobbying is influence a politician to support a certain agenda.

I'm not sure which is more humorous: that you interpreted my statement as advocating the arrest of Corzine or that you believe I am a solid McCain supporter.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 02:00:34 AM »

Frankly, that doesnt even matter. Are you actually suggesting that he needed the money?

I keep waiting for Conan to defend child molestation as consensual.
Conan
conan

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 06:07:24 PM »

The idea of lobbyists itself is corrupt. I'm not sure how it could be argued otherwise being that the idea of lobbying is influence a politician to support a certain agenda.

I'm not sure which is more humorous: that you interpreted my statement as advocating the arrest of Corzine or that you believe I am a solid McCain supporter.
You missed my point and that was a suggestion based on your thought. I could care less about if you're a solid/soft McCain supporter. You implied that because a politician takes money from lobbyists, then they are corrupt. This would imply that McCain is very corrupt and that you are even considering voting for a corrupt politician. It's probable that 95% plus of the US Congress takes money from lobbyists. I can see your point with oil companies lobbying/writing legislation, but to lobby on social issues, such as civil liberties, choice, the environment....I don't buy that all lobbyists are corrupting bad people.

Frankly, that doesnt even matter. Are you actually suggesting that he needed the money?

I keep waiting for Conan to defend child molestation as consensual.
That's just a really dumb and misinformed statement.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies