Department of Forum Affairs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:56:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Forum Affairs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18
Author Topic: Department of Forum Affairs  (Read 71386 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: April 21, 2009, 11:56:18 PM »

ELECTION RESULTS

TOTAL VOTES:    70
QUOTA:      12

ROUND ONE
Bacon King   14   ELECTED
Afleitch   11
Franzl      11
Purple State   9
Lief      9
SPC      8
DWTL      7
Keystone Phil   1

ROUND TWO
Afleitch   11.428
Franzl      11.214
Lief      10.143
Purple State   9.000
SPC      8.000
DWTL      7.143
Keystone Phil   1.000   ELIMINATED

ROUND THREE
Afleitch   11.428
Franzl      11.214
Lief      10.143
Purple State   9.000
DWTL      8.143
SPC      8.000    ELIMINATED

ROUND FOUR
DWTL      15.143   ELECTED
Franzl      12.214   ELECTED
Afleitch   11.214
Lief      10.143
Purple State   9.000

Afleitch   12.360   ELECTED
Purple State   11.158   ELECTED
Lief      10.163   ELIMINATED
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #226 on: April 22, 2009, 01:31:07 AM »

I'm pretty sure Boris changed to JCP a while ago.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2009, 09:14:57 AM »

Can you find the link?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #228 on: April 22, 2009, 09:20:02 AM »

Can you find the link?

Never mind, I found it. For the record, it was before my time- back in 2008.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #229 on: June 08, 2009, 09:31:17 AM »

Election result certification:

First Round
MAROKAI BLUE   28
AHDUKE      16
GUSTAF      10
KEYSTONE PHIL   6
GPORTER      1

Second round
MAROKAI BLUE   28
AHDUKE      16
GUSTAF      10
KEYSTONE PHIL   6
Exhausted   1

Third round
MAROKAI BLUE   31 --> ELECTED
AHDUKE      16
GUSTAF      12
Exhausted   2

DISCARDED BALLOTS
Mint (new)
hcallega (new)
catmusic (new)
badger (new)
mrk (new)
KyleGordon2016 (new)
intermoderate (new)
umemprof (new)
Holmes (new)
Flyers2004 (not on voters list)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #230 on: June 08, 2009, 09:37:22 AM »

I believe several of those votes are valid, isn't the law one week, not ten days?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #231 on: June 08, 2009, 09:51:35 AM »

I believe several of those votes are valid, isn't the law one week, not ten days?

It is 10 days. Even says so on the ballot.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #232 on: June 08, 2009, 09:56:12 AM »

Yes, I know it said so in the voting booth, but PiT pointed out something earlier.

The result thus far is no surprise to me, although a few individuals were sort of disappointing.

It looks like one of your votes are invalid, as well. (Specifically: Mint's)
what is wrong with mint's?

Voting booth rules state to be an eligible voter you have to registered on or before the 26th. Mint registered on the 28th.

That's odd. Atlasian law states that you need only have registered at least a week before the scheduled opening of the voting booth. That would allow Mint to vote.

I was under the impression it was 10 days.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=81046.45

Nobody wiki'd this amendment, but I am certain it passed. I'm looking for the tracker thread to determine that for a fact.

EDIT: The tracker thread.

Is he wrong?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #233 on: June 08, 2009, 09:59:36 AM »

Yes, I know it said so in the voting booth, but PiT pointed out something earlier.

The result thus far is no surprise to me, although a few individuals were sort of disappointing.

Voting booth rules state to be an eligible voter you have to registered on or before the 26th. Mint registered on the 28th.

That's odd. Atlasian law states that you need only have registered at least a week before the scheduled opening of the voting booth. That would allow Mint to vote.

Nobody wiki'd this amendment, but I am certain it passed. I'm looking for the tracker thread to determine that for a fact.

Is he wrong?

It's possible. I usually go by what the Wiki says.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #234 on: June 08, 2009, 02:17:10 PM »

Flyers did register recently, but he's probably too new to count. Nevertheless he'll be valid for the Presidential election, I believe.

And yeah, it looks like it is seven days.

This stuff is confusing... Undecided
the artist formerly known as catmusic
catmusic
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.16, S: -7.91

P
« Reply #235 on: June 08, 2009, 02:28:12 PM »

Flyers did register recently, but he's probably too new to count. Nevertheless he'll be valid for the Presidential election, I believe.

And yeah, it looks like it is seven days.

This stuff is confusing... Undecided

It is a bit confusing. 7 days for this, 25 posts for that, 50 posts for whatever, 100, 250 posts, 10 days for this and that is 300 posts, blah, blah, blah!

And if it looks like seven days, it is seven days and my vote is valid.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #236 on: June 08, 2009, 02:29:23 PM »

Is he wrong?

Newer amendments have not been wiki'd. Go on there & tell me if you can find the amendment to eliminate the budget (hint: you can't).
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #237 on: June 08, 2009, 02:33:01 PM »

Is he wrong?

Newer amendments have not been wiki'd. Go on there & tell me if you can find the amendment to eliminate the budget (hint: you can't).

I just love it when things are properly organised and in full working order. Grin
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #238 on: June 08, 2009, 04:08:05 PM »

Alrighty, I will have the official official numbers later tonight.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #239 on: June 08, 2009, 04:10:20 PM »

I added the Fairness to the Voter Amendment II to the Constitution as the 24th Amendment. If there are any others that need to be added, please tell me. I may have to bump the Fairness Amendment to 25 or 26, etc if there are others missing before it... Tongue
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #240 on: June 10, 2009, 09:25:11 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2009, 09:38:05 PM by cinyc »

So what's the number of days registered requirement for voting on constitutional amendments (and why hasn't the Northeast opened a voting booth for the death penalty amendment)?  If someone votes early to make sure their vote gets in (but would be eligible at the end of the voting period), is it still counted?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #241 on: June 10, 2009, 09:31:43 PM »

So what's the number of days registered requirement for voting on constitutional amendments (and why hasn't a Northeast opened a voting booth for the death penalty amendment)?  If someone votes early to make sure their vote gets in (but would be eligible at the end of the voting period), is it still counted?

I like how people voted for Andrew over me because I wasn't "active" enough. lolz
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #242 on: June 10, 2009, 09:33:39 PM »

So what's the number of days registered requirement for voting on constitutional amendments (and why hasn't a Northeast opened a voting booth for the death penalty amendment)?  If someone votes early to make sure their vote gets in (but would be eligible at the end of the voting period), is it still counted?

I like how people voted for Andrew over me because I wasn't "active" enough. lolz

You really don't get to make those jokes while you refuse to appoint a nominee to the vacant GM position.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #243 on: June 10, 2009, 09:42:02 PM »

You really don't get to make those jokes while you refuse to appoint a nominee to the vacant GM position.

Uh oh, looks like I struck a nerve!

So far I've only found one qualified person for the position, but he wasn't interested! Sad
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #244 on: June 10, 2009, 09:44:17 PM »

So far I've only found one qualified person for the position, but he wasn't interested! Sad

Tends to happen when people refuse to do their jobs and then harp on others for the same infraction.

And I have no PMs in my box from you. I would be happy to make a recommendation for the position, given that you respect me some much.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #245 on: June 10, 2009, 10:04:08 PM »

Tends to happen when people refuse to do their jobs and then harp on others for the same infraction.

I'm not required to appoint a GM, newb. The seven Presidents immediately preceding me did not appoint any.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #246 on: June 10, 2009, 10:12:04 PM »

I'm not required to appoint a GM, newb. The seven Presidents immediately preceding me did not appoint any.

I didn't say it was required, nor was I justifying the actions of your predecessors. I said it was your job, unless you plan on introducing legislation to repeal the GM Act. Of course, that would require you take some sort of initiative with the Senate and *gasp* interact with us!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #247 on: June 10, 2009, 10:29:17 PM »

I didn't say it was required, nor was I justifying the actions of your predecessors. I said it was your job, unless you plan on introducing legislation to repeal the GM Act. Of course, that would require you take some sort of initiative with the Senate and *gasp* interact with us!

You don't know how grateful I am are to the both of you for having this debate at this particular time. thanks to you both Grin
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #248 on: June 10, 2009, 10:34:22 PM »

You don't know how grateful I am are to the both of you for having this debate at this particular time. thanks to you both Grin

Ditto Cheesy
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #249 on: June 10, 2009, 10:39:39 PM »

I'll have this debate for as long as it takes, through lawsuits and dialogue. I support both of your candidacies and greatly appreciate your views on GM reform. I am looking forward to passing legislation in the next Senate to fully form and establish the position.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies