Department of Forum Affairs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:11:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Forum Affairs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Department of Forum Affairs  (Read 71477 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: December 17, 2008, 01:00:44 AM »

Does it really matter?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 01:21:46 AM »

Can we expect an update soon so we have a better idea the numbers going into the elections?

yup

Earl, Marokai can move now. The first move is free.

What makes you say this...?

The laws say one can 'change' their residence once every sixty days. Since a registration isn't a 'change' the first move isn't restricted.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 01:33:58 AM »

That's an awfully loose interpretation. Do we have any precedent regarding this?

I don't see how 'loose' it is. The Constitution directly says "change state of registration once every two months." How is an initial registration a change of state registration?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 01:39:03 AM »

All I can say further is that I was assured by the Attorney General that such a change in registration was in fact legal.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 01:46:05 AM »

Much appreciated, Max.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 08:32:32 AM »

Due to lateness in certification, the special elections will be held next weekend.

In March, then?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 04:13:48 PM »

Would you please update the party list to show me as Chairman? It's been forever since the leadership election and both this and the Wiki incorrectly state GMantis still leads the SDP.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 11:06:56 PM »

Thanks, Smiley
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 09:37:22 AM »

I believe several of those votes are valid, isn't the law one week, not ten days?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 09:56:12 AM »

I believe several of those votes are valid, isn't the law one week, not ten days?

It is 10 days. Even says so on the ballot.

Yes, I know it said so in the voting booth, but PiT pointed out something earlier.

The result thus far is no surprise to me, although a few individuals were sort of disappointing.

It looks like one of your votes are invalid, as well. (Specifically: Mint's)
what is wrong with mint's?

Voting booth rules state to be an eligible voter you have to registered on or before the 26th. Mint registered on the 28th.

That's odd. Atlasian law states that you need only have registered at least a week before the scheduled opening of the voting booth. That would allow Mint to vote.

I was under the impression it was 10 days.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=81046.45

Nobody wiki'd this amendment, but I am certain it passed. I'm looking for the tracker thread to determine that for a fact.

EDIT: The tracker thread.

Is he wrong?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 02:16:36 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2009, 02:24:36 PM by Senator Marokai Blue »

Shouldn't I win then too because I had more first prefs that Fritz?

That's what I thought as well.

The only ballot I'm still upset about is Gustaf. 

I agree. If BK's vote counts...

But if you got rid of BK's vote, wouldn't you have to also get rid of Andy Jackson's vote, keeping the winner the same?

Marokai was also allowed to vote a second time by the SOFA.  That is three allowed votes, one disallowed, all with the same reasoning for a second vote.

There's a big difference, everyone's explained why.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 02:36:01 PM »

But if you got rid of BK's vote, wouldn't you have to also get rid of Andy Jackson's vote, keeping the winner the same?

Marokai was also allowed to vote a second time by the SOFA.  That is three allowed votes, one disallowed, all with the same reasoning for a second vote.

Not to my satisfaction.

Here's the simplified version Wink

Our votes had eye-witness accounts and mine and BK's in particular had documented evidence of technical failure.

Gustaf only had his word.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 02:43:16 PM »

Not to my satisfaction.

Our votes had eye-witness accounts and mine and BK's in particular had documented evidence of technical failure.

Gustaf however is well known and honest, not to mention the fact that he is a mod.  I don't see why he would lie about that.

That's not really a defense, though, he still broke the rules by doing that. Same thing with Ben when I prosecuted him as AG.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 06:13:10 PM »

Not to my satisfaction.

Gustaf however is well known and honest, not to mention the fact that he is a mod.  I don't see why he would lie about that.

That's not really a defense, though, he still broke the rules by doing that. Same thing with Ben when I prosecuted him as AG.

But on that basis there should be NO EXCEPTIONS at all.  That includes you, Gustaf, Andy, and Bacon King.

So their vote should be invalidated because they were unlucky than the Voting Booth deleted their vote?
Gustaf was unlucky too though, that his computer messed up.

Again, I highlight the obvious difference. We have proof for everyone else, we only have Gustaf's word. (Also, his votes were right after one another which should've been easy to figure out, and if I recall, different in terms of preferences.)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 06:20:10 PM »

Even if I were to accept your characterization (which I don't, necessarily) ignorance of the law or a "mistake" is not a defense, as my prosecution of Ben for his supposedly accidental violation of his voting ban proves. It doesn't count.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 06:25:10 PM »

Even if I were to accept your characterization (which I don't, necessarily) ignorance of the law or a "mistake" is not a defense, as my prosecution of Ben for his supposedly accidental violation of his voting ban proves. It doesn't count.
It was an accident. Gustaf has always been an honest, fair person. I believe what he said, because he has built up this reputation.
This is a fantasy, we must keep that in mind. People shouldn't be getting so serious of little mistakes.

It. Doesn't. Matter.

He voted twice, voting twice is against the law, case closed. I've prosecuted a case with a similar defense and the court didn't care. "Mistake" or no "mistake" the only proof we have is his word, and it doesn't matter either way. Drop it.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 05:15:50 AM »

It was an accident. Gustaf has always been an honest, fair person. I believe what he said, because he has built up this reputation.
This is a fantasy, we must keep that in mind. People shouldn't be getting so serious of little mistakes.

It. Doesn't. Matter.

He voted twice, voting twice is against the law, case closed. I've prosecuted a case with a similar defense and the court didn't care. "Mistake" or no "mistake" the only proof we have is his word, and it doesn't matter either way. Drop it.

That's the point. No exceptions. The law is the law. We have no provisions for the internet doing funky stuff. Unless the SoFA is given that sort of discretion (which I don't believe he is), whether you got screwed by the internet or not shouldn't matter at all. You broke the law, pure and simple, and so your vote should not be valid.

Our three cases were a matter of provable and witnessed voting disenfranchisement because of the voting booth. We have, again, no such proof of that at all with Gustaf, and ignorance of the law isn't a defense.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 02:06:04 AM »

Remove me from election's voters list! There is no vote of mine in the booth!

You're a joke if you expect that to fly.

Not only have you:

A. Not objected to your vote being counted in every single election tracker thread that listed individual voters.

B. Expressed support in the past for RowanBrandon in his office:

But C. Purple State copied your vote from the voter booth in a quote and discussed it with you, and you acknowledged the vote.

No one has told, nor will tell, me who to vote for.

vs.

1) RowanBrandon
2) SPC
3) Write in: AHDuke
4) Marokai Blue
5) afleitch
6) Franzl

Nothing wrong with it. I'm just sayin' it looks awfully close to the official RPP ballot that the other members seem to be copy/pasting from a PM.

Tbh I think people copied my ballot or something because I guarantee certain RPP members don't want Marokai back, if you know what I mean.

And don't bother trying to delete those posts and claim I'm making them up. Other members have quoted them and I'm screenshotting them as you're reading this.

Is this a bad joke or the RPP's "new way of business"?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 02:15:07 AM »

Just pretending your vote didn't happen, or acting as if it didn't happen, isn't how it works. You voted for him and you have to deal with it. You can't just go back and remove your vote as if it never existed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies