Department of Forum Affairs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:22:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Forum Affairs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Department of Forum Affairs  (Read 71485 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: June 23, 2009, 01:56:03 PM »

Are we going to go back to prior years to see who else's vote is supposedly ineligible because they registered before attaining 25 posts?
You make a good point. There could have been several voters who registered before 25 posts, enough to sway the election. An investigation should be conducted on it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 06:10:18 PM »

Shouldn't I win then too because I had more first prefs that Fritz?

That's what I thought as well.

The only ballot I'm still upset about is Gustaf. 

I agree. If BK's vote counts...

But if you got rid of BK's vote, wouldn't you have to also get rid of Andy Jackson's vote, keeping the winner the same?

Marokai was also allowed to vote a second time by the SOFA.  That is three allowed votes, one disallowed, all with the same reasoning for a second vote.

There's a big difference, everyone's explained why.

Not to my satisfaction.

Here's the simplified version Wink

Our votes had eye-witness accounts and mine and BK's in particular had documented evidence of technical failure.

Gustaf only had his word.

Gustaf however is well known and honest, not to mention the fact that he is a mod.  I don't see why he would lie about that.

That's not really a defense, though, he still broke the rules by doing that. Same thing with Ben when I prosecuted him as AG.

But on that basis there should be NO EXCEPTIONS at all.  That includes you, Gustaf, Andy, and Bacon King.

So their vote should be invalidated because they were unlucky than the Voting Booth deleted their vote?
Gustaf was unlucky too though, that his computer messed up.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 06:15:18 PM »

Shouldn't I win then too because I had more first prefs that Fritz?

That's what I thought as well.

The only ballot I'm still upset about is Gustaf. 

I agree. If BK's vote counts...

But if you got rid of BK's vote, wouldn't you have to also get rid of Andy Jackson's vote, keeping the winner the same?

Marokai was also allowed to vote a second time by the SOFA.  That is three allowed votes, one disallowed, all with the same reasoning for a second vote.

There's a big difference, everyone's explained why.

Not to my satisfaction.

Here's the simplified version Wink

Our votes had eye-witness accounts and mine and BK's in particular had documented evidence of technical failure.

Gustaf only had his word.

Gustaf however is well known and honest, not to mention the fact that he is a mod.  I don't see why he would lie about that.

That's not really a defense, though, he still broke the rules by doing that. Same thing with Ben when I prosecuted him as AG.

But on that basis there should be NO EXCEPTIONS at all.  That includes you, Gustaf, Andy, and Bacon King.

So their vote should be invalidated because they were unlucky than the Voting Booth deleted their vote?
Gustaf was unlucky too though, that his computer messed up.

Again, I highlight the obvious difference. We have proof for everyone else, we only have Gustaf's word. (Also, his votes were right after one another which should've been easy to figure out, and if I recall, different in terms of preferences.)
Gustaf has always been an honest and fair person. He is trusted by many, and is even a moderator. He wouldn't lie. He knows how the voting works, and when he voted twice, he had no clue he did it, or he would have deleted it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 06:22:42 PM »

Even if I were to accept your characterization (which I don't, necessarily) ignorance of the law or a "mistake" is not a defense, as my prosecution of Ben for his supposedly accidental violation of his voting ban proves. It doesn't count.
It was an accident. Gustaf has always been an honest, fair person. I believe what he said, because he has built up this reputation.
This is a fantasy, we must keep that in mind. People shouldn't be getting so serious of little mistakes.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 06:27:18 PM »

Gustaf is sort of like a police officer on Atlas. When a police officer says something, you assume they are telling the truth. A judge would value a police officers opinion, because the judge knows the police officer will tell the honest truth. Gustaf knows what Gustaf did.
We'll just have to see what happens...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies