f****ts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:33:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  f****ts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of faggots
Disgusting

Repulsive

An Aquired Taste

Should Be Banned

Should Be Burned

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: f****ts  (Read 5231 times)
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2008, 05:21:51 PM »

He doesn't post 80 times in every thread like Stark and he mostly sticks to a few topics so it's not that serious.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 05:30:31 PM »

He doesn't post 80 times in every thread like Stark and he mostly sticks to a few topics so it's not that serious.
Perhaps a mini-Stark. And it could get worse.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2008, 05:32:30 PM »

We shall see.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2008, 05:45:29 PM »

If I was President I would deport all of them to Canada! lol

After all, Canada is the only country in the world that accepts Gay marriage. Why live in America, when you'll be accepted by society in Canada?

I was unaware Spain, Belgium, the Netherlands, Norway and South Africa, as well as Aruba, Israel and the Netherlands Antilles, were in Canada, let alone Massachusetts and California. Thank you for enlightening me.

Silly Verily! Of course they are!

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 05:54:12 PM »

I love organ meats.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 06:04:49 PM »

In all seriousness they do look pretty tasty.
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 06:10:46 PM »

They are indeed tasty, Rockey Mountain Oysters are pretty good too, however organ meats tend to be high in cholesterol and can cause gout in people who overindulge in them.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2008, 06:40:05 PM »

We don't have any fun terminology or plays on words here... we just call them meatballs.

And meatballs are very tasty, especially with a nice piece of bread or lefse to sop up the gravy.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2008, 10:38:38 AM »

After all, Canada is the only country in the world that accepts Gay marriage. Why live in America, when you'll be accepted by society in Canada?

Lol. You don't know very much about the world or anything, don't you.

I'm also sure Stephen Harper and Stockwell Day would love to see all gays coming to Canada. The latter would probably commit suicide.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2008, 03:22:59 AM »

Honestly, i'm not into pork much. Porking is something for the Brits, I think.

I'll stick with my chick breast.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2008, 10:40:20 AM »

They are indeed tasty, Rockey Mountain Oysters are pretty good too, however organ meats tend to be high in cholesterol and can cause gout in people who overindulge in them.

We bought some big buffalo testicles one day at Stah Mahket when I was living in Porter Square and brought them back to my apartment and beat the hell out of them with a hammer, then soaked them in marsala wine and egg yolk and coated them with a mixture cayenne pepper, flour, and cornmeal, and sautéed them in canola oil with garlic and green onion.  They were still tough and long on the chew.  Rubbery.  They did have a nice flavor though.  That was long before my son was born.  I think if you grind them up, along with some rice gluten and tripe and habanero or pequin chiles, then you'd get a nice consistency, like that of meatballs.  You could re-shape them like testicles, and dribble some blood gravy over them and serve them with sauteed onions and mushroom.  I have heard that calf testicles are much more tender than an adult bull's, and only about as big as a walnut.  Maybe we get some of those one day.  I want to wait till the boy's a bit older, though. 
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2008, 10:46:52 AM »

beat the hell out of them with a hammer, then soaked them in marsala wine and egg yolk and coated them with a mixture cayenne pepper, flour, and cornmeal, and sautéed them in canola oil with garlic and green onion.  They were still tough and long on the chew.  Rubbery.  They did have a nice flavor though. 
Wouldn't a ball of cotten have a nice flavor if you did all that to it?  Or a chunk of drywall?
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2008, 03:50:05 PM »

We bought some big buffalo testicles one day at Stah Mahket when I was living in Porter Square and brought them back to my apartment and beat the hell out of them with a hammer, then soaked them in marsala wine and egg yolk and coated them with a mixture cayenne pepper, flour, and cornmeal, and sautéed them in canola oil with garlic and green onion.  They were still tough and long on the chew.  Rubbery.  They did have a nice flavor though.  That was long before my son was born.  I think if you grind them up, along with some rice gluten and tripe and habanero or pequin chiles, then you'd get a nice consistency, like that of meatballs.  You could re-shape them like testicles, and dribble some blood gravy over them and serve them with sauteed onions and mushroom.  I have heard that calf testicles are much more tender than an adult bull's, and only about as big as a walnut.  Maybe we get some of those one day.  I want to wait till the boy's a bit older, though. 

I take it you were from Cambridge then?

I use to serve that store when I was a vender in college.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2008, 08:29:17 AM »

I was unaware Spain, Belgium, the Netherlands, Norway and South Africa, as well as Aruba, Israel and the Netherlands Antilles, were in Canada, let alone Massachusetts and California. Thank you for enlightening me.

Wait, so you mean I live in Canada? In that case, where's my universal health care? Canada sure has some explaining to do. Angry
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2008, 11:06:24 AM »

I take it you were from Cambridge then?

I use to serve that store when I was a vender in college.

Somerville, actually.  About nine blocks northeast of the Porter Square station.  Lived at 168 Lowell Street on the third floor for five years.  Actually, I lived in that apartment longer than I lived anywhere else in my life, before or since, although we just bought a house here in Cedar Falls, Iowa.  Closed the deal a week ago today.  Hired a U-Haul on Sunday and two of my undergraduate summer research students for the day, and moved our stuff in.  I'm 41 and this is the first house I've ever bought.  I don't think I've ever mowed a lawn.  I know I've never owned a lawn mower.  Never had a "refuse pickup day" either.  That's going to be a weird concept.  Putting the trash in a big receptacle in the garage and keeping up with the day of the week so I can be sure to haul it out to the sidewalk on the appropriate day.  Garage, for that matter, is a new thing.  Mine has three slots and a button you push to make the door open.  It'll be nice not having to spend twenty minutes to sweep snow off the car before I can drive it.  Then again, I suppose I'll spend that time shoveling a driveway and our piece of the sidewalk.  Anyway, I'm hoping to be here longer than five years.  Not that I didn't enjoy seeing the world, but I want my son to have a "Home town" and all that as he grows up, and not move so much the way we did.  So Cedar Falls is becoming my new Home Town, but so far I'm more familiar with the Porter/Davis square area than anywhere else in the world, having lived there longer than I lived anywhere else.  There was another Star Market about half a mile south of me.  That one was also on the Cambridge/Somerville line.  Beacon Street I think.  I used to think Star Market was only in New England, but about four years ago we found one in Maui, near Kihei Kai Nani, when we were vacationing in Hawaii. 

Don't remember anything ever being sold under the name f****ts, though.  But based on Al's description, I've eaten them.  I like most meats, actually.  Had cow, pig, goat, chicken, shark, rodent, snake, alpaca, llama, antelope, lots of fishes (piranha, dorado, whitefish, perch, trout, etc.)  The only animal I've tasted so far that I don't like is Turkey.  Turkey's nasty.  Can't see why so many people eat it.  Apparently the US is the number two per-capita consumer of turkey, behind Israel.  Which is kinda weird because they're indigenous to North America but not to the levant coast of Asia.  Maybe ham is a little hard to come by there, so you learn to like Turkey.  Once in a while, when I'm at someone's house for Thanksgiving I'll choke a piece down, so I won't appear rude, but that's about the only time.  I remember when I was about nine years old, I talked my mom in to letting us make lasagna for thanksgiving.  She said, "You don't want turkey?  We usually make turkey for Thanksgiving."  And I said, "Honestly, mama, it's a very dry bird.  Chicken I like, and pheasant and quail.  Even Duck.  I've had some duck I like as well.  But I really don't care much for turkey."  And to my surprise and delight she said that she didn't care much for it either.  Thought it was without much taste.  We could do lasagna if we want.  So, from then on, we always had a tradition of doing lasagna for Thanksgiving. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2008, 11:17:59 AM »

Wow, three car garage is living pretty high on the hog in Cedar Falls Iowa.

I had Tom Sap - a savory, spicy soup with pork innards - for lunch today, but it wasn't quite as good as usual.   There were more of the tough mysterious bits and less of the soft and fatty mysterious bits than previous times I've ordered it.

Anyway good luck with the home-ownership.  Waddja pay?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2008, 11:33:10 AM »

Wait, so you mean I live in Canada? In that case, where's my universal health care? Canada sure has some explaining to do. Angry

We just joined Canada a few weeks ago, so they're still working on getting the system running.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2008, 12:14:51 PM »

Wow, three car garage is living pretty high on the hog in Cedar Falls Iowa.

I had Tom Sap - a savory, spicy soup with pork innards - for lunch today, but it wasn't quite as good as usual.   There were more of the tough mysterious bits and less of the soft and fatty mysterious bits than previous times I've ordered it.

Anyway good luck with the home-ownership.  Waddja pay?

I always find that the mystery meat soups are pretty tasty if you put enough condiments on them.  Menudo is a big hit in much of Mexico.  It usually comes spicy but they give you a tray usually with fresh cilantro, fresh diced onion, and lemons.  My wife and I used to make mystery meat soup at her apartment about once a week, back during our courting days in the late 90s.  She bought porkballs and tripe and various types of fungi and vegetables at the big asian market on Commonwealth Avenue, and we'd go to her little ghetto apartment in Brighton and dump them all in a big crock pot and make what gringos call "Pu Pu Hot Pot," although I think the term Pu Pu is actually Hawaiian and refers to a fish and fruit dish served in the pacific islands.

We don't have three cars, just the garage space for three.  I put my Mercedes in the slot farthest away and haven't moved it since.  I leave my wife the other two slots.  So far she manages to get her car in and out of that space without taking out any sheetrock.  I'm still cycling everywhere.  The apartment was only a mile from my office, and our new house is only eight blocks from there, so it's a nice ten-minute ride I'd estimate.  We actually paid what the folks were asking.  276 thousand.  Houses are pretty cheap here.  This one is nine years old, huge, lots of electrical gadgets.  Two floors above ground well done, with a full but unfinished basement with several full egress windows.  We'll have to get the basement done before winter I imagine.  We had the radon level tested and it was about 6.8 picoCuries per liter, so we asked for them to install a radon mitigation system.  They just gave us a check for fifteen hundred on the closing date instead, then we hired a guy to do it for eleven hundred.  I'm supposed to check it this week to see that it's under 4, and if it isn't he'll redo it or something. 

We have been looking at houses for about four months.  I've probably been to fifty of them.  My wife and I both have found stable tenure-track faculty appointments here, at different universities (which is nice) and the schools are good, and the crime rate is low, and the public parks and sidewalks and streets are nice, and the shopping mall is only eight blocks away, and there's a supermarket in walking distance.  And a city bus stop not too far away.  There are seven elementary schools in Cedar Falls, and we wanted to get in the one with the highest composite reading and math scores--not that I'm a fan of NCLB, but you have at least some metric--and our new house is only three blocks from that one.  Southdale Elementary.  And there's a huge park nearby.  I've learned so much about houses in the past few months.  I now know what a soffit is, and a fascia.  And the difference between a "ranch style" house and a "rambler."  I learned that if I could pay down at least 20% of the value of the house, then I could avoid having Mortgage Insurance, whatever that is.  Pretty much wiped out my life savings to do that, but I figured it was for the best.  So we financed the remaining 221 thousand, or something like that.  Basically, it's 2236 dollars a month for the next fifteen years.  Or till I die.  Whichever comes first.  There's a mandatory insurance policy, and the obligatory taxes (an "escrow" account, it's called), and some other stuff included in that monthly payment.  Apparently the interest rates this summer are very low.  I have been bitching about the interest rates for about a year, since our CDs kept getting lower and lower rates every time we renewed, but in this case I'm actually glad that the rates were so low. 

Big fat mortgage commitment and a committed suburban lifestyle.  What a nightmare, eh?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2008, 06:53:59 PM »

Damit... I thought we made it explicit that there will be no f****try on this forum.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2008, 04:13:34 AM »

Sounds nice, angus.  Though I must say $2,200 a month sounds such a lot of money to me.  Still, your choice of locality sounds top notch for child-rearing.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2008, 08:33:38 AM »

apparently im only 1.68 miles away from lowell street.

and i can tell you angus, this is a horrible place to attempt to raise a child.  be glad you left.  im not sure my son knows what grass or a polite person looks like.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies