Fed's to withhold funds to schools if they don't play ball... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:24:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Fed's to withhold funds to schools if they don't play ball... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fed's to withhold funds to schools if they don't play ball...  (Read 2911 times)
CultureKing
United States

« on: July 25, 2008, 06:16:11 PM »

I had to volunteer 24 hours freshman and sophomore years and 75 hours junior and senior years (though the 75 was for IB, not the school which wanted 24 hours). The way I see it community service is part of your education, we need to make sure that our students are able to reach out to new ideas and connect with the community. Having students go out in the world and get involved is something that we should encourage, it is learning about the world around them and the problems that we face in our respective communities.

That being said I am ambivilant about whether it should be a requirement or whether school districts should instead be rewarded for such programs. Either way a school is loosing or gaining money so I don't see a big difference. Also realize that this isn't a huge commitment we are talking about - 1 hour a week for high school and 2 hours a week for college.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies