Fed's to withhold funds to schools if they don't play ball... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:36:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Fed's to withhold funds to schools if they don't play ball... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fed's to withhold funds to schools if they don't play ball...  (Read 2916 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 22, 2008, 01:10:49 PM »

Children need to learn responsibility. If it doesn't happen at home, then where does it happen?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 09:26:28 PM »

Children need to learn that they are always subservient to the state.  That doesn't happen in most homes in the US, so the state needs to force it on the schools (who will then force it on the kids, whether they want it or not) by threatening to withhold funds.  I'm not surprised Obama fans are trying to reason this away.  I have a feeling they'd have a different take if this was Bush's idea...or not.  Some people are just authoritarian by nature.

Oh God....a requirement to do work for your community...I can see the constitution roasting in the fireplace already.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 01:15:15 PM »

I'm not surprised Obama fans are trying to reason this away.  I have a feeling they'd have a different take if this was Bush's idea...or not.  Some people are just authoritarian by nature.

Does this include me? I thought my suggestion was reasonable.. I don't approve of Obama's idea being carried out in a threatening way, however, I don't disagree with the idea of requiring community service for graduation. I was required to myself.

That seems reasonable.

No, that wasn't aimed at you.  And I'm not as much against the idea as I am his methods.

That's a reasonable critique.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies