DCCC expands ad buy to +50 (!) districts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:15:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  DCCC expands ad buy to +50 (!) districts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DCCC expands ad buy to +50 (!) districts  (Read 2528 times)
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« on: July 22, 2008, 09:18:37 PM »

Rothenberg thinks Wulsin is unimpressive and muddled in her views. Perhaps the DCCC agrees, or simply doesn't want to invest in a one-term wonder.
While I haven't met Wulsin, based on what I've gleaned from her website, I'd agree with Rothenberg's view.  I still don't understand why Wulsin, a likely "one-term wonder," is less worthy than Walt Minnick (ID-01), another likely one-term wonder.

I guess we'll have to wait till 2012 for redistricting to end Schmidt's career.

I think Minnick would have a much better shot holding on than Wulsin. Wulsin's success is mostly attributable to Schmidt's generous suggestion that the feds store nuclear waste in her district among other things. Most people who voted for Wulsin probably have no idea who she is, and she dosen't have the profile that would let her surrive in the district.

Minnick on the other hand is a substantial figure in Idaho(or as substantial as any Democrat is). He was close to the Clintons, and was a strong recruit against Craig in 1996. While he will have a hard race, Minnick seems to have a better shot at being the next Chet Edwards than Wulsin does.

This however doesn't explain why in the post-millionaire's amendment world the DCCC is spending money on the self-funding Minnick who spent 2 million of his own money running for Senate in 1996.

A better question is what would have happened if Hackett had run in 2006 and won. I think he might actually have had a shot at ingratiating himself enough in that district to hold on. He had an interesting biography and the right issue profile to do so.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies