What courses are you taking this semster?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:45:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What courses are you taking this semster?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What courses are you taking this semster?  (Read 2990 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 22, 2008, 03:11:41 AM »

For all our students Smiley

I'm taking SPAN2002:Continuing Spanish II; HIST1206:Three American Revolutions; POLS1003:Ideas in Politics and either SPAN2004:Issues and Events or POLS2101: Refugee Politics. The last one depends on a couple of things, mainly whether I can get in to SPAN2004 with a (high) credit from last semester. Basically, people with HD's and D's get in, and if there are leftover spots then some C's'll qualify.

As for essays, for POLS1003 the choices are many and varied, but i'll choose either:

"What are the moral limits of the law? Should the law be used to (a) protect us from ourselves and/or (b) regulate morality?"

or

"What, if anything, is wrong with capitalist liberal democracy? Discuss in relation to one ideological or theoretical alternative to liberal democracy."

for POLS2101 I've determined it will be one of these three:

"Who or what is a refugee? Why is it a fundamentally political question?"

"If Europe desperately needs more people, why are Europeans turning away asylum seekers?"

or

"Critically examine these two comments on irregular immigration to the U.S.: 'For our future, we will all return to an imperfect, insensitive, but honest assimilationist past...[con't]" Victor Davis Hanson; "Having weathered cycles of pro- and anti-immigration sentiments and policies, the United States remains indebted to the contributions of the millions of immigrants who have settled this country. So, too, will it weather this latest assault on its best traditions." Susan Martin.

And finally, for HIST1206:

"The American colonists declared independence from Engalnd to preserve the society they already had, not to build a new one. Yet the Revolution set in train forces which would profoundly transform their society. Evaluate."

or

"Any other topic, as long as you get [the lecturer's] approval before you begin research on it" Wink
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 06:15:33 AM »

Next year I got AP Bio, AP English, Honors Calc, PE, some music history class, a public speaking class, and some other crap I'm not remembering
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 07:00:58 AM »

IB SL Bio, IB SL English, IB SL Maths, IB HL American History, ITGS, and other stuff I forgot.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 07:57:11 AM »

I really need to go back to school.  My GI Bill goes away Nov of '09 if I don't start using it by then.  Somebody come kick my ass.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 08:06:03 AM »

But I'm so lazy!
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 08:10:52 AM »
« Edited: July 22, 2008, 08:12:58 AM by CPT MikeyMike »

I really need to go back to school.  My GI Bill goes away Nov of '09 if I don't start using it by then.  Somebody come kick my ass.

DO IT

As for myself, I'm currently taking a class on Global Energy Interdependence. This fall I'm taking International Relations Theory, Methods, and International Relations of the Middle East. The first two I'm taking this fall are mandatory for my master's degree.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 08:58:15 AM »

When I go this fall I'll be taking (and all are required except the last one Tongue):

Business and Commercial Law
Business Finance
Business Communication
Career Information
Organizational Behavior
Operations Management
Beginning Badminton
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 09:03:02 AM »

You're like me.

Should I work on my web site?  Should I clean this messy house?  Should I cut the grass?

Nah.  I need a few more BF 2 points.  What's really important in life?     ::: runs :::
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 09:09:08 AM »

just two.

how to get as drunk as possible on a limited budget

the art of pissing off obama worshipers.

im expecting high marks in both classes.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 09:54:54 AM »

This summer I am taking Canadian Provincial Politics (my favourite course ever!) and in the fall I will finish my degree with a class in North American Politics.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 10:01:34 AM »

For the year:

AP English Literature
AP Calculus
World Civilization

...And the rest are filler classes.  A rather easy schedule, but I'll be doing plenty of reading and also perhaps some independent AP study.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 10:14:20 AM »

When I go this fall I'll be taking (and all are required except the last one Tongue):

Business Finance
Business Communication
Career Information
Organizational Behavior
Operations Management
Beginning Badminton
I suck at badminton. I'm pretty good at all other racquet sports, but not badminton, good luck with that.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 10:18:59 AM »

Well, I graduated in May, so no more undergraduate slave labour for me. Being done early feels good. Now I simply have to figure out which graduate courses to take this fall. Tongue
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 10:25:52 AM »

Well, I graduated in May, so no more undergraduate slave labour for me. Being done early feels good. Now I simply have to figure out which graduate courses to take this fall. Tongue

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaath
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 10:46:32 AM »

For all our students Smiley

I'm taking SPAN2002:Continuing Spanish II; HIST1206:Three American Revolutions; POLS1003:Ideas in Politics and either SPAN2004:Issues and Events or POLS2101: Refugee Politics. The last one depends on a couple of things, mainly whether I can get in to SPAN2004 with a (high) credit from last semester. Basically, people with HD's and D's get in, and if there are leftover spots then some C's'll qualify.

As for essays, for POLS1003 the choices are many and varied, but i'll choose either:

"What are the moral limits of the law? Should the law be used to (a) protect us from ourselves and/or (b) regulate morality?"

or

"What, if anything, is wrong with capitalist liberal democracy? Discuss in relation to one ideological or theoretical alternative to liberal democracy."

for POLS2101 I've determined it will be one of these three:

"Who or what is a refugee? Why is it a fundamentally political question?"

"If Europe desperately needs more people, why are Europeans turning away asylum seekers?"

or

"Critically examine these two comments on irregular immigration to the U.S.: 'For our future, we will all return to an imperfect, insensitive, but honest assimilationist past...[con't]" Victor Davis Hanson; "Having weathered cycles of pro- and anti-immigration sentiments and policies, the United States remains indebted to the contributions of the millions of immigrants who have settled this country. So, too, will it weather this latest assault on its best traditions." Susan Martin.

And finally, for HIST1206:

"The American colonists declared independence from Engalnd to preserve the society they already had, not to build a new one. Yet the Revolution set in train forces which would profoundly transform their society. Evaluate."

or

"Any other topic, as long as you get [the lecturer's] approval before you begin research on it" Wink

The first two questions are extremely demanding ones to handle with skill and insight. The one on the American revolution is a fascinating one, that has been the subject of much ideological contretemps over the decades that I have been hanging around. The Left in the 70's viewed the American revolution as the reaction of the ruling class to staunch local and dangerous redistributionist forces. But like so much out there, looking at a matter through a unipolar lens is typically a mistake. So many motives, so many accidents, so little time.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 01:39:15 PM »

Intro to Poli Sci
Macroeconomics I
Orgins of the West
Freshman Seminar
Statistics

Trying to switch out the first for Spanish.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 01:40:38 PM »

Business Finance
Business Communication
Career Information
Organizational Behavior
Operations Management
Beginning Badminton
I suck at badminton. I'm pretty good at all other racquet sports, but not badminton, good luck with that.

My school has one of the best badminton teams in the state.

Biology
Spanish 2
PE
Principles of Business
Geometry
Literature

Since I don't have a seventh period, I get out at 2:15 (12:45 on Tuesdays). Smiley
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 04:17:56 PM »

lol PhysEd. After like 10 years of suffering through it, I'm done Smiley. I didn't care for the class at the end that I decided not to do the Summative worth 20% of the mark (except for one part). The Summative included a presentation, magazine article on fitness, and 6 weeks logged training for a outdoor public fitness event.

I wasn't the only one not doing it, though. I'd even say 75% didn't do the last part. Except for my friend who was the only guy who cared about the class. He did the homework (lol) and turned stuff in on time (haha).
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 04:19:48 PM »

lol PhysEd. After like 10 years of suffering through it, I'm done Smiley. I didn't care for the class at the end that I decided not to do the Summative worth 20% of the mark (except for one part). The Summative included a presentation, magazine article on fitness, and 6 weeks logged training for a outdoor public fitness event.

I wasn't the only one not doing it, though. I'd even say 75% didn't do the last part. Except for my friend who was the only guy who cared about the class. He did the homework (lol) and turned stuff in on time (haha).
Only on this forum does one encounter people who actually disliked PE... Although I can't say I was fond of the Mile Run every week.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 04:21:02 PM »

Only on this forum does one encounter people who actually disliked PE... Although I can't say I was fond of the Mile Run every week.

I sucked at most stuff but tried. It looked good with the teacher.

In Grade 7, I got the highest grade in the PhysEd class. Higher than those that were naturally good.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 04:24:51 PM »

Biology
Spanish 2
PE
Principles of Business
Geometry
Literature

Since I don't have a seventh period, I get out at 2:15 (12:45 on Tuesdays). Smiley
You don't have a lunch???
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 04:28:25 PM »

Intro to Poli Sci
Macroeconomics I
Orgins of the West
Freshman Seminar
Statistics

Trying to switch out the first for Spanish.

What on earth is "Freshman Seminar?" Is that about who sells booze to minors, and other important essentials? 
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 04:34:35 PM »

Academic British Literature 4
Personal Business Math or Pre-Calculus
Recreation
WW2/Holocaust
Psychology
College Class: Survey of Later European Civ.

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2008, 04:35:13 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I am surprised give the metro area that the class is not entitled, "Principles of Plutocratic Plundering of the Planet and Its People."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2008, 04:37:41 PM »

Intro to Political Philosophy (should be boring/mildly difficult)

The American Presidency (could you think of a better class for a Fall 2008 class?)

Contemporary Politics of Latin America (this one might annoy me a bit. Glad I picked it  Wink )

Mosaic Humanities II (used to be "Intellectual Heritage." Basically another philosophy type class)

This should be an easy semester.  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies