Update: John Edwards Confesses to Affair but Denies Paternity
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:27:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Update: John Edwards Confesses to Affair but Denies Paternity
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Update: John Edwards Confesses to Affair but Denies Paternity  (Read 16520 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 22, 2008, 04:47:55 PM »
« edited: August 08, 2008, 02:54:55 PM by Torie »

Or so it would seem. The proprieties of a family website demand that this be limited to a link.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 04:50:40 PM »

National enquirer??? Long line at the grocery store?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 04:52:02 PM »

No way...he can do better than her.   Roll Eyes
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 04:52:26 PM »

Or so it would seem. The proprieties of a family website demand that this be limited to a link.

If family values are saving me from the image on the right

Then Tancredo '12
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 05:01:17 PM »

Actually, the National Enquirer does pretty solid reporting, and has a large staff of defamation lawyers, and in this story, it claims its own reporter was doing the gum shoe work. I know it is surprising, but it's true.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 05:01:50 PM »

Hell I'd respect him more if he was with some stud compared to this hag.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 05:02:26 PM »

No way...he can do better than her.   Roll Eyes
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 05:03:07 PM »

She just doesn't photograph well, perhaps. Her expression kind of reminds me of Frankenstein for some reason however.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 05:04:12 PM »

She just doesn't photograph well
, perhaps. Her expression kind of reminds me of Frankenstein for some reason however.

That's code for FUGLY
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 05:05:41 PM »

Actually, the National Enquirer does pretty solid reporting, and has a large staff of defamation lawyers, and in this story, it claims its own reporter was doing the gum shoe work. I know it is surprising, but it's true.

lol
elcorazon

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 05:06:45 PM »

she looks like a cross between lucinda williams and tyne daly.  definitely a bad photo, but also she's not too attractive either.

no comment on the veracity as I have zero way of knowing.  sad story if true, though.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 05:09:11 PM »

Uhhh...ok. They are entertaining I will give you that but not too sure about the solid reporting.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 09:03:06 PM »

Wait, is John Edwards trying to prove that he's straight or something? This isn't convincing at all; that woman could turn any man gay.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 09:14:08 PM »

Wait, is John Edwards trying to prove that he's straight or something? This isn't convincing at all; that woman could turn any man gay.
LOL
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 12:51:52 AM »

The Enquirer has tried running this story before, it's never gotten anywhere. Trash this like you would an ARG poll
Rococo4

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 01:12:49 AM »

The Enquirer has tried running this story before, it's never gotten anywhere. Trash this like you would an ARG poll

why?  they were right on the limbaugh story....which BTW was then jumped on every media outlet out there.  of course in this case, its "just the enquirer"
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2008, 01:17:56 AM »

why?  they were right on the limbaugh story....which BTW was then jumped on every media outlet out there.  of course in this case, its "just the enquirer"

As I just said in that post - they've tried to run this story before and it's been proven BS
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2008, 10:03:46 AM »

That's exactly right.  I don't understand the hate.  The specificness of the times, dates and places is interesting also.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2008, 10:20:14 AM »

That's exactly right.  I don't understand the hate.  The specificness of the times, dates and places is interesting also.

Elizabeth Smart, anyone?
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2008, 11:06:55 AM »

Hmm...a paper that preys upon people at the bottom of the economic spectrum going after a candidate that pushes policies most beneficial to them...so surprised.  At least he's getting some attn. from the "liberal" media, unlike those politicians from each party that were rated most favorably by corporate America.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2008, 11:10:19 AM »

As I just said in that post - they've tried to run this story before and it's been proven BS

Just like with Gary Hart.  Oh wait...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2008, 11:17:14 AM »

Hmm...a paper that preys upon people at the bottom of the economic spectrum going after a candidate that pushes policies most beneficial to them...so surprised.  At least he's getting some attn. from the "liberal" media, unlike those politicians from each party that were rated most favorably by corporate America.

I'm shocked that you're actually defending him.  His wife is dying of cancer.  Meanwhile, Edwards has an illegitimate child and is having an affair.  How do most of you react, either ignoring it or defending him.  Just pathetic. 
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2008, 11:29:02 AM »

Hunter has really let herself go since HuffPuff first wrote about her last year:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/10/10/scrubbed-edwards-filmmak_n_67868.html

tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2008, 11:46:21 AM »

I'm shocked that you're actually defending him.  His wife is dying of cancer.  Meanwhile, Edwards has an illegitimate child and is having an affair.  How do most of you react, either ignoring it or defending him.  Just pathetic. 

i'm glad you get your news from bottom-feeders.  CNN/FN/MSNBC aren't much better, though, but at least they're not preying upon the most vulnerable (the "news" networks cater to wealthy, "educated" people who are like totally open-minded, except when it comes to economics). btw, i'm not defending him, but i'll need corroborating evidence before i can appraise JRE's character.  all i know is that i wish Obama had his policies and commitment to substantive debate.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2008, 11:54:58 AM »
« Edited: July 23, 2008, 11:57:06 AM by jdb »

i'm glad you get your news from bottom-feeders.  CNN/FN/MSNBC aren't much better, though, but at least they're not preying upon the most vulnerable (the "news" networks cater to wealthy, "educated" people who are like totally open-minded, except when it comes to economics). btw, i'm not defending him, but i'll need corroborating evidence before i can appraise JRE's character.  all i know is that i wish Obama had his policies and commitment to substantive debate.

First, I don't read the national enquirer.  Second, a lot of the information was extremely specific, although I'll grant you that I should have waited for more information before I passed judgement.   
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies