Update: John Edwards Confesses to Affair but Denies Paternity (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:15:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Update: John Edwards Confesses to Affair but Denies Paternity (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update: John Edwards Confesses to Affair but Denies Paternity  (Read 16593 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: July 22, 2008, 04:47:55 PM »
« edited: August 08, 2008, 02:54:55 PM by Torie »

Or so it would seem. The proprieties of a family website demand that this be limited to a link.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 05:01:17 PM »

National enquirer??? Long line at the grocery store?

Actually, the National Enquirer does pretty solid reporting, and has a large staff of defamation lawyers, and in this story, it claims its own reporter was doing the gum shoe work. I know it is surprising, but it's true.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 05:03:07 PM »

Hell I'd respect him more if he was with some stud compared to this hag.

She just doesn't photograph well, perhaps. Her expression kind of reminds me of Frankenstein for some reason however.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 03:00:25 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2008, 03:40:22 PM by Torie »

Edwards admits to the affair to Judy [Bob] Woodruff on Nightline to be broadcast tonight, and that he visited Hunter in Beverly Hills, but claims that  the affair is long over and that he is not the father of the child because they stopped having sex more than 9 months prior to the birth, or something. So why then did Edwards visit Hunter in Beverly Hills?  Are they now just very good Platonic friends?  Or is Edwards still lying? What do you think?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 03:04:08 PM »

Edwards admits to affair to Judy Woodruff on Nightline to be broadcast tonight....

I think you mean Bob Woodruff.

Thanks. Wasn't Judy Woodruff connected with Nightline at some point?  I am just so confused!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 03:09:22 PM »

Edwards admits to affair to Judy Woodruff on Nightline to be broadcast tonight....

I think you mean Bob Woodruff.

Thanks. Wasn't Judy Woodruff connected with Nightline at some point?  I am just so confused!

Was she?  She was at CNN working on Inside Politics for a long time, and now she's at PBS.  I don't remember her ever being with ABC.

Oh it was "Frontline" per a Google.  Gawd, I'm losing it.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 04:22:41 PM »

Beet part of the problem  is that folks mix up the National Enquirer with other tabloids. The NE doesn't do UFO stories, or stories about a monkey and human love child, etc.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 04:31:02 PM »

Why is Edwards still lying one might ask. Well maybe here is part of the answer:

NRO/the corner

Nine Months [Stephen Spruiell]

Overheard in the office: "Why would Edwards admit the affair but deny fathering the child?"

I'll tell you why: Elizabeth Edwards was diagnosed with incurable cancer in late March of 2007. Rielle Hunter's baby was born in late February of 2008. That means that if Edwards is the father, he was definitely still carrying on the affair with Hunter after he knew his wife's cancer was back.

08/08 03:33 PM

In any event, we know Edwards is not going to the convention, because he would be asked too many questions about the holes in his story, and he would be a distraction.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 05:48:06 PM »

This is hardly better than cheating on your crippled wife with a rich beer heiress so that you can launch your political career, but that doesn't excuse it at all. It's really none of our business though. He is though an asshole for running for President after this. What an October surprise this would have been.

Staring at the tube and lying his ass off to us, is offensive to me, and when a public figure lies to me, well yes, it is my business. And in this case the liar was a sanctimonious prig, who preened his goodness around as if he were a saint. The man should be put in stocks in the public square, and not allowed to touch his hair for a week.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 05:52:45 PM »

This is hardly better than cheating on your crippled wife with a rich beer heiress so that you can launch your political career, but that doesn't excuse it at all. It's really none of our business though. He is though an asshole for running for President after this. What an October surprise this would have been.

I sense that you have this habit, that when a Democrat is caught out, you rummage your files for some Pubbie to flagellate, compulsively seeking partisan symmetry for the sins of your party's product lines. Can't we let each sin stand on its own for awhile, before finding where it fits in the matrices?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 08:39:27 PM »

Well per ABC news Hunter bought a 3 million dollar pad in Santa Barbara after the affair. Maybe she won a lottery ticket. Edwards said he went to the Beverly Hilton to try to persuade Hunter to keep her lips shut.

And there you have it. No ongoing affair and no money from Edwards to Hunter. It is time to move on.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies