Update: John Edwards Confesses to Affair but Denies Paternity (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:15:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Update: John Edwards Confesses to Affair but Denies Paternity (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update: John Edwards Confesses to Affair but Denies Paternity  (Read 16552 times)
Politico
YaBB God
« on: August 02, 2008, 02:57:02 AM »
« edited: August 02, 2008, 03:05:47 AM by Politico »

Why is the National Enquirer running this story, and who exactly does this story benefit? Was Edwards actually being seriously considered as Obama's running mate, so somebody else who wants the job as VP decided to get somebody they know at the National Enquirer to run a hit job with the thought being this would prevent Edwards from being considered as VP or Attorney General in an Obama Administration?

Or maybe it's just the Clintons using their connections at the National Enquirer to get back at Edwards for helping to derail the "inevitable" nomination of Hillary Clinton by finishing ahead of her in Iowa, and then endorsing Obama shortly before the final primaries/caucuses?

Either way, I say the story is trash. If somebody as attractive as Edwards wanted a mistress then surely he could do a lot better than her. And there is no way he would have risked his entire campaign last year over a woman like that.

MAYBE...just MAYBE...Edwards is going to use this to get back into the spotlight. If he came out forceful enough with a teary-eyed conference with his cancer-surviving wife by his side, giving the whole spiel about "how dare they tell these slanderous lies about me to settle old political scores and sell tabloid trash," he just might be able to get a favorable bounce in the eye of the public. I don't see it happening, but who knows...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies