Update: John Edwards Confesses to Affair but Denies Paternity (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:39:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Update: John Edwards Confesses to Affair but Denies Paternity (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update: John Edwards Confesses to Affair but Denies Paternity  (Read 16572 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: July 23, 2008, 02:28:04 PM »

Hmm...a paper that preys upon people at the bottom of the economic spectrum going after a candidate that pushes policies most beneficial to them...so surprised.  At least he's getting some attn. from the "liberal" media, unlike those politicians from each party that were rated most favorably by corporate America.

I'm shocked that you're actually defending him.  His wife is dying of cancer.  Meanwhile, Edwards has an illegitimate child and is having an affair.  How do most of you react, either ignoring it or defending him.  Just pathetic. 

i'm glad you get your news from bottom-feeders.  CNN/FN/MSNBC aren't much better, though, but at least they're not preying upon the most vulnerable (the "news" networks cater to wealthy, "educated" people who are like totally open-minded, except when it comes to economics). btw, i'm not defending him, but i'll need corroborating evidence before i can appraise JRE's character.  all i know is that i wish Obama had his policies and commitment to substantive debate.

First, I don't read the national enquirer.  Second, a lot of the information was extremely specific, although I'll grant you that I should have waited for more information before I passed judgement.   

He's defending the politics, not the man.

If this is true, Edwards is not only a complete asshat, but ing incredibly stupid and has no commitment to "policies beneficial... to people at the bottom of the economic spectrum". For a man who ran with so much criticism at the Clintons he sure hasn't learned a thing from Bill Clinton. Forget his wife and her cancer. Edwards was going to be the next President yet he chose to indulge the same failing as what brought down the most successful Democrat in the past 40 years?Huh WTF was he thinking? What kind of commitment to populist policies is that?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 02:51:36 PM »

The nuts over at DailyKos were all over him.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 03:52:35 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2008, 03:55:19 PM by Beet »

I had a conversation with my local 7-11 attendant about the national Enquirer about 2 or 3 months ago. I was depressed about Hillary losing and went there to buy a pack of cigarettes (I smoke about once every 2-3 years).

The guy works probably 9pm-9am on the week ends, for the last 8 or 9 years. I told him he could learn some software skills by picking up one of those technical guides and get a better paying job, but he said he can't even afford to buy a computer. I asked him what he did at 7-11, it seemed pretty boring, and I saw that he was reading a copy of the National Enquirer. "Is the stuff in there really accurate?"
"You'd be surprised," he told me. "The National Enquirer goes and searches out for stories that other media outlets won't touch,"
I mentioned All the President's Men and how Redford and Hoffman had to get four sources before they could publish on Watergate.
"Of course, the government's smart now, if they want to leak a story, they will give a reporter what seems to be four sources, but it will really be one source," he said.
I asked him how he judged whether the stories were accurate. He said you can usually tell by how the story is written. How outlandish is what is being said? If it's about UFO's, it's probably not accurate. If there were a lot of different people saying the same thing, it's probably true. This made sense. Although I don't read the National Enquirer, the 7-11 attendant helped me understand why people do.

Hunter is a step up from Elizabeth Edwards, no?  (Yes, the more recent pictures of Hunter are much worse, but that was during / after she was pregnant.)

Isn't that picture of Edwards from during her cancer treatment?

Probably, but older women are not hot unless they go extremely artificial. That's just how it is. Elizabeth was a smoking bun when she was younger (as is her daughter now).

It is understandable that a man with power and success would feel that he should be able to get some other ass, especially if there is no emotional attachment involved and he remains loyal financially to his wife as well.

In Edwards' case though, his sin was political, not sexual. He should have known better after the Clinton Presidency. Instead, he risked his ideals, his supporters' faith, and his country in order to satisfy his lust, and that shows his priorities, unfortunately.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies