Update: John Edwards Confesses to Affair but Denies Paternity (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:15:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Update: John Edwards Confesses to Affair but Denies Paternity (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update: John Edwards Confesses to Affair but Denies Paternity  (Read 16599 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 24, 2008, 10:01:30 PM »

National Enquirer + Internet blogs + Edward's various political enemies, does not equal a believable story.

I personally think that politicians' sex lives should not be a factor in deciding who to support for public office.... regardless of that this story sadly enough seems to be developing additional legs beyond just Enquirer rumor.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 01:06:08 AM »

Don't care, Edwards is out of the political scene.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Probably not at the national level representing NC. In terms of cabinet positions, at this point his chance of becoming AG is now toast....
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 10:24:43 PM »

Well I'm saddened by the news but it doesn't really bother me much. I still like Edwards and think he would make a great Attorney General or some other cabinet position. I really doubt that this ends his career.

I doubt he'll win elected office again, Democrats can and will turn on their own. I could see him serving in a high level non-elected government position however.... it will take some time for rehabilitation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies