There went Sarah Palin's VP chances. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:11:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  There went Sarah Palin's VP chances. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: There went Sarah Palin's VP chances.  (Read 2586 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« on: July 23, 2008, 02:54:33 AM »

Alaska is sort of notoriously corrupt and this could provide a basis of effective counter-spin for the Democrats.  Sort of how Republicans would spin it if Obama was called to be a witness for the Rezko trial or whatevsky (Obama's people, whatever they may have done to avoid that situation, deserve a gold medal and an ambassador's position in Luxembourg, the latter being more likely).   I could ramble on and on, but she doesn't make the shortlist.

1) Despite courageously bringing a child to term whom she knew would have down syndorme, she now has to take care of that child and would be limited in campaigning.
2) She has limited experience in one of the smallest states, undermining the unexperienced, 'pretty boy' criticism of Obama.  McCain doesn't need someone who screams experience because his own is unquestioned (opening up the possibility for someone like Eric Cantor, in my opinion), but he cannot select someone with less experience than Obama.  Especially due to his age and the increased chance that that VP would assume the presidency, there would be no way that McCain/Palin could attack Obama's military or foreign policy experience without looking shallow and ineffective. 

I would bet all of my money, if the odds were ok, that Palin will not be selected. 

I mean, I'll be the first to point out Palin's bonuses to the ticket (her pro-life credentials, from a personal standpoints, are better than any major Republican politician in the history of time, she's pretty) but she doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being selected so it's a moot issue.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies