Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 08:45:51 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  International Elections (Moderator: PASOK Leader Hashemite)
| | |-+  Germany Election Maps
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Germany Election Maps  (Read 9249 times)
PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
YaBB God
South Africa

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -7.30

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2008, 04:19:36 pm »

What's the very strong PDS wahlkreise out east?

And as you'd say, diolch Grin

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2008, 04:27:57 pm »
Ignore

Hoyerswerda

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
YaBB God
South Africa

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -7.30

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2008, 04:52:15 pm »

Hoyerswerda

Is it industrial at all? What explains the PDS vote?

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2008, 05:18:07 pm »
Ignore

Hoyerswerda

It was a major centre of heavy industry (lignite related, mostly) in the old DDR. Population these days is something like half that of the early '80's IIRC.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Verily
Cuivienen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2008, 07:18:57 pm »
Ignore

What's the "strong" (relatively so) FDP area in the southwest? Doesn't look like the normal wealthy urban/suburban area for the FDP.
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2008, 07:39:32 pm »
Ignore

What's the "strong" (relatively so) FDP area in the southwest? Doesn't look like the normal wealthy urban/suburban area for the FDP.

Part of the Vogtland. The 8% for the FDP in the list vote seems to be coattails from the 25% (and second place!) the FDP's candidate for the direct seat there got; must have been some local notable or other.

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2008, 11:51:03 am »
Ignore

Hoyerswerda

It was a major centre of heavy industry (lignite related, mostly) in the old DDR. Population these days is something like half that of the early '80's IIRC.
GDR-built New Town. (Although it was a district seat back in the 19th century, so there must be some kind of old core. I passed through town last year, and it's way ugly.

Some lignite strip mining in the area still, btw. Looks like a cross between hell and the surface of the moon. Oh, and Sorbians (in the villages, mostly). And 100% of Germany's wild wolves.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2008, 01:03:02 pm »
Ignore

GDR-built New Town... ...I passed through town last year, and it's way ugly.

Big surprise, right? Tongue

Some lignite strip mining in the area still, btw. Looks like a cross between hell and the surface of the moon. Oh, and Sorbians (in the villages, mostly). And 100% of Germany's wild wolves.

Interesting if nothing else then.

Btw, I was surprised at the high NPD %'s north of Dresden. I'd sort of assumed that NPD strength was mainly in and around the Erzgebirge.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2008, 08:46:42 pm »
Ignore

Brandenburg list vote. Compare to the constituency vote map if you need a cheap laugh. Best part; the SPD actually won a constituency seat in a district that they trailed in the list vote! (one of the Potsdam districts). Admittedly the SPD candidate there was Platzeck himself but...

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2008, 09:34:03 pm »
Ignore

It's like an enlarged Berlin.

What's the strong SPD area in the northwest?

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2008, 05:17:02 am »
Ignore

It's like an enlarged Berlin.

What's the strong SPD area in the northwest?
The Prignitz (well, part of it).

No idea why the strong SPD result.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout